Why do you allow Google and other Search Engines to index cerb?... (Common question)

I always wondered about the business model and how the people who ran CERB kept afloat financially. Thanks for the wonderful post.

Love the post. Always interesting to find out how these websites run and keep afloat. I personally found this site through google also and hope to use it for years to come. Also I always try and check out the sponsors on sites I like (such as this one so far) to help them out in my own little way :D

privacy is very important to most of us I believe... Having said that there is always ways to delete your history and to avoid dangerous situations. If you know how to delete histories and cookies, then you should not have a problem.

Guest drhrdck

Yeah, excellent post. Google is how I found cerb as well. You can also try secretly installing a different browser (i.e. remove any icons / change folder installation name to something windows) and always use that browser for this sort of thing.

I agree with Mod and his math as I know the cost of maintaining sites and servers. As for the user who's spouse that knows her way around search engines two thing come to mind better find another hobby or split.

Interesting how someone who doesn't take simple precautions in his personal life (especially having a SO), such as deleting browsing history after every time on his computer, and it's CERB's fault for allowing CERB to be indexed by Google. What happened to taking some personal responsibility for your actions

It's because of Google that I found CERB, and it's because of CERB that I am in, and continue to be in this wonderful lifestyle

RG

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

This is an incredible thread!!! I always knew that the relation between a sites traffic and advertising is what generated the income, but this really tied it all together for me with the math. Wonderful, thank you :D

As for google, I find for many clients (whom do not use or have never heard of cerb before) that being able to say "google me I'm on Cerb" or "google *so n so*"is much easier for them than remembering a website or risk writing it down where they can be caught by S/O's, friends, or just about anyone. This is very convenient for both of us when introducing a hobbiest to the site, in my experience.

As for privacy, some of us SP's live openly as SP's and some of us do not; just as some hobbiests are private about their "hobby" and others may be open with their partners (I adore these types of clients, usually because I become a special treat for both, fun) and friends.

My point being (before I trail off, again lol) is that if we make the choice to be private about using this site then it's up to ourselves to act in such a way. Doing things such as using a name not connected with yourself or as I do limiting who can look @ your album is where we must own responsibility. This is a public site. There is no membership fee and even if was a paid membership site the only person responsible for what u create and post is yourself.

(Although if it were limited to paid members it would be a MUCH smaller community and I'm sure an angry S/O would gladly pay the fee with the house credit card just to catch you anyway)

So I suggest that think carefully before choosing a user name or any other action before you do it, rather than expecting the mod to fix your own mistakes.

IMO :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest dame*****n09*

Terrific post. Being a moderator is tough and thankless enough without having to hold the hands of thousands of members. At a certain point privacy/security needs to be the business of the participants. Can't work any other way.

For the record, my own handle is random for exactly this reason. Completely meaningless. Even I have trouble remembering it :)

Thanks Mod!

Additional Comments:

Terrific post. Being a moderator is tough and thankless enough without having to hold the hands of thousands of members. At a certain point privacy/security needs to be the business of the participants. Can't work any other way.

For the record, my own handle is random for exactly this reason. Completely meaningless. Even I have trouble remembering it :)

Thanks Mod!

That sounds right to me not one person has recognized me so far from my city. I am sort of confused to how it could become a problem in my life, I need more knowledge on the laws but there are people everywhere who do this and if the police were serious about cracking down on woman and men would they not just go hit up Google? lol I think a lot of cases could probably be cracked if an intelligent cop hit up facebook and Google.

Well said mod,

The things he had to screw up on so his wife found out, when he wanted to keep it a secret in the first place are hilarious. First off not using incognito browsing, which would have solved everything, then using an alias that his wife for some reason knows (maybe it wrote it down and left it around the house lol)

Thanks a lot Mod very good info.

I would also like to add a new feature most web browsers these days have, is the incognito feature

This feature opens pages that you can view and anything that happens won't appear in your browser history or search history. Bookmarks you create will be preserved, however.

Going incognito doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers, or software. Be wary of surveillance by secret agents or people standing behind you.

But the only thing needed to be done is that cookies are not cleared until you close all incognito tabs.

I recommend people read and learn more about it

• Like 1