Is it polit to ask for?

Hello everyone

I am wondering if it polite to ask the service provider to have shower before meeting

Because sometimes doesn't bother doing that or wearing nice perfume

Showering before seeing you is basic decency, just as it is for you to have good hygiene when you see them.

As for the perfume, I won't answer for any provider, but I'm sure it's not an unusual request. Lots of people have scent sensitivities or allergies. Besides, let's face it, many cheat on a spouse and would not want to go home with the smell of another woman's fragrance on them.

In short, I think you should just state that simply beforehand. They can refuse of course, but that would give you a good idea of how inconsiderate that person is if they think a shower is optional.

• Like 2

I always state "no perfume or scented lotions please :)" when I am booking, usually providers are quite accommodating and many just don't bother to wear any because it is such a common request. And yes, I also believe showering before a date is common decency for both. But if it makes you more comfortable, you can use the sandwich effect. Something nice, then your request, then something nice like "I'm looking forward to meeting you, I will arrive freshly showered and would appreciate the same :), can't wait, see you at 7:p"

• Like 1

I always state "no perfume or scented lotions please :)" when I am booking, usually providers are quite accommodating and many just don't bother to wear any because it is such a common request. And yes, I also believe showering before a date is common decency for both. But if it makes you more comfortable, you can use the sandwich effect. Something nice, then your request, then something nice like "I'm looking forward to meeting you, I will arrive freshly showered and would appreciate the same :), can't wait, see you at 7:p"

Excellent approach. It's pretty much word for word what I say to new providers I am meeting the first time.

• Like 1