be proud of your age

I have been on here on and of over the years and one of the thinks that bug me is when people don't post their age on their profile. Age is not everything but i prefer to converse (and other stuff) with people of my generation plus or minus 10 maybe 15 years. What does anybody else think!!! I'm fine with 39 meaning 40 something don't get me wrong but 50 something people shouldn't be messing with 20 something people

Guest Prufrock Cummings
I have been on here on and of over the years and one of the thinks that bug me is when people don't post their age on their profile. Age is not everything but i prefer to converse (and other stuff) with people of my generation plus or minus 10 maybe 15 years. What does anybody else think!!! I'm fine with 39 meaning 40 something don't get me wrong but 50 something people shouldn't be messing with 20 something people

Well, you have been here for years but you only joined last month...Dec 13, 2016; if I do my math, that is, well, 5 weeks ago.

You don't post your age on your own profile, yet you chastise others for not doing so too. How can you attract people of your age to converse with if you don't post your own?

So maybe, post your age and put your preference of people to talk to in your profile and then all the old people will stop trying to converse with you!

Maybe your 6th post will be happier as a result!

Best of luck friend, and welcome to Lyla!

Age is just a number , means nothing

It looks like I'm going against what I said earlier, but you're wrong. It DOES matter to some people. It ISN'T just a number, or why would we be restricted to over 18?

A lot of people say the age is just a number, but that's up to each person. Half my age minus 7 is still legal, but maybe not for everyone.

I'm pretty open-minded, and I'd love to rock the world of an 18-year-old girl, but even I think that's probably a bad idea. Maybe not, with the right girl. (Call me.) [emoji12]

I'm just saying that it isn't absolute, nor is it completely liberal. As with most things in life, it depends.

• Like 1

I've met some pretty immature people in there 50's and some pretty together ladies in their early 20's. Half my age minus 7 is the legal limit as well. Flew to Toronto a in the summer on business, had 2 girls visit my hotel for a two hour duo. T'was amazing.

These girls were intellegent, well spoken and gorgeous.

They were also early to mid twenties. It was a mutually respectful and rewarding experience. I don't see the problem!

I don't think age is something to be proud of. It's not like you're in control of the unending, inevitable march of time.

I think it's not that different from thinking all blond people should be proud of being blond. It's not an accomplishment, people were just born that way (or paid a few bucks to change it).

That being said, you can't even claim all older folks are mature. Many older folks are still quite immature. Plus, add on that many people define maturity differently.

• Like 1