Sign in to follow this  

I'm Not a Victim website

I received this in an email today. It seems to be a very newly created site, and is inviting participation.

http://www.imnotavictim.org/

About

The mission of I'm NOT a VICTIM is to provide a safe space where sexworkers and their clients can freely express their opinions and concerns over the new proposed Bill C- 36 that was brought forth by Justice Minister Peter MacKay in May 2014. We ask that you be objective in your posts on the site and know that we will be sending information from the site to various media outlets and to the Justice Ministers office to make our voices heard.

As a part of our campaign we are suggesting that sexworkers take a "selfie" holding up a sign stating, "I'm NOT a VICTIM" and clients who are willing to do the same, hold up a sign stating, "I'm NOT a PERVERT". For obvious safety and privacy concerns, you can be creative in preserving your identity. We really need to show the Harper government and abolitionists that passing Bill C-36 will cause more safety concerns for both sexworkers and clients, that those who choose to work freely in the inudstry are not victims and that clients are not perverts.

If you choose to particpate, please login into the site and create a profile for yourself, post your picture and a statement. We ask that you spread the word about this campaign with your contacts and on social media if you are so inclined to do so.

*Please note that this site was created today, Oct 2nd 2014 and much more information will be posted on here with regards to Bill C-36 and related issues.

• Like 1