Hug or Handshake?

This is kind of an odd question, but I think about it a lot. I work in a place that isn't well known in Ottawa. Sometimes we have new clients come in who seem a little nervous...understandably. They don't know me. I don't want to go straight in for the hug (though I'm from BC and hugging is what we're known for), but a handshake and introduction seems way too formal. I'm looking for a happy medium that will make new guys feel comfortable. Ottawa is a weird town, remember. People are friendly, but they always keep their distance until you get to know them.

Suggestions?

Well I can't speak for Ottawa clients but for me personally I would much rather the hug... it immediately makes me feel welcome and at ease and sets the right tone for the rest of the visit.

Just my Opinion

I'm French and I'm not from Ottawa or Montreal and what I like is a hug followed by a huge French kiss. Ok that might be going to fast but I do like the French kiss further on in the encounter.

• Like 2

My last encounter, the girl stuck her hand out and introduced herself. It was a downer and pretty much set the tone for the date. You are about to get jigggy and she shakes your hand ? Definite no-no and a turnoff

I think it makes a huge indication on how things are going to proceed.

If she goes for the handshake - then things are going to be all business.

If she goes in for the hug - then she is genuinely interested in what is about to follow.

• Like 1

A handshake may be too formal and business-like. I very much prefer a sweet smile, followed by a greeting like ( the one I remember fondly :D ) -- " Hi, how are you? " , then a big hug and some passionate kisses.

• Like 1

I don't mind a nice friendly, welcoming handshake and I love to use it to pull a willing lady in for a passionate, warm hug and kiss as I slide my left arm around her back!

A hug is the best ice breaker for me.

I'm a nervous reserved type on first meets and nothing relaxes me faster than knowing I'm with a warm affectionate woman who wants me in her personal space.

• Like 1

With most girls that I can contact, I usually ask if they allow kissing. Other ones, i've read that they allow kissing. Some I have no information at all and I hope for the best.

But I've never been greeted with a handshake. To me that means the session is probably not going to be as much as I hope. As I find without kissing, there can be no chemistry and it is usually mechanical. But in most case it is a big hug and a kiss or in some cases a passionate kiss. If it is a passionate kiss, then I know this is going to be fun. A little kiss hopefully needs to more. But never a handshake.

Guest *Ste***cque**

What are you selling, Insurance or sex? If sex, a hug, please. I'd rather have just a hello with no contact than a handshake!