Barefax sticking customers with $ 5 charge to get dances upstairs

Barefax sticking customers with $ 5 charge to get dances upstairs. Just not the right way to treat customers, they never did this before, clearly they are losing business and now are gouging us.

$ 5 charge for every time you go upstairs.

No wonder their dancers are quiting.

This gouging is a sad development indeed and in the end will cost the dancers business.

• Like 1

So thats 25 dollars a dance if you only go one dance per girl. If you got the money, they got the place.

And hence why I avoid stripclubs period. Totally waste of money IMO, and uas lost it's allure to me many moons ago.

Umm, why would you even look in the strip club forum then?

• Like 1

It could be a simple conversation. Let me know how it goes.

ME: I'd like to take you up for 3 songs, but you pay the VIP fee.

SHE: No, you pay that.

ME: Okay, thanks. You have a good night then.

SHE: You're going to be a jerk about $5?

ME: Exactly my question to you. I'm happy to stay down here.

The whole thing was setup as a poor way to punish some night girls who were apparently overcharging customers. It looks like it has stuck around as a money grab.

Agreed. As I said, I'm not concerned about the $5. It's the principle.

All this was caused by a few small isolated cases of overcharging. This lead them to create an entire system that makes customers feel taken advantage of while also fostering potential conflict between dancer and client over who pays.

Terrible business practice that wasn't well thought out.

Guest pagypie

they do this at chez paree in mtl iirc

I guess I can see how it's a surprise the first time, but with drinks costing what they do, you can easily just drink one less and come out ahead.

I wonder what the dancers think of it...do they feel people are less willing to go up, or does it weed out frugal customers? by that I mean no offence, but I imagine along with courtesy and cleanliness, a customer that throws money around is a favourable attributes

Yes. You normally see this in classier clubs in places like like Montreal or Vegas.

Not in places with wobbly tables, cracked glassware, washroom stalls held together with duct tape.

• Like 1

My issue and the reason that I won't go back is that they are also charging for the length of time you are upstairs and not the number of songs you get a dance for.

Beware of the ladies that want to wait for the "next" song or have "something in their eye" and milk you for a song or two while they waste time that you are apparently being charged for.

This bar was a nice place before.

The nickle and diming customers has nothing to do with covering reno costs, when they start charging $ 5 it's a cost that is there to stay.

It's a cash grab.

They need to cover the cost of the $ 14/hr wage bump for the sexy coatcheck girl there and the servers and security on hourly.

The dancers in the long run will hurt from less dances upstairs, more guys will just stay downstairs and pass on dances.

so it hurts the girls.

Explain how come Barbs and Pigale can replace upholstery on their chairs, and in the case of Pigale adorn their side walls with new paint work, and absorb those upgrades and in the case of Barbs the wage bump for hourly staff, without gouging their customers with this $ 5 charge ?

• Like 1

Barefax sticking customers with $ 5 charge to get dances upstairs. Just not the right way to treat customers, they never did this before, clearly they are losing business and now are gouging us.

$ 5 charge for every time you go upstairs.

No wonder their dancers are quiting.

This gouging is a sad development indeed and in the end will cost the dancers business.

I've heard from a roommate that the $5 fee is only staffed in the evening. I think it's a load of b.s. personally.

I already pay a $5 door fee and buy completely overpriced drinks, and alright food. I'm not paying a blackmail fee

When I get back in there 1 of 2 things are going to happen: Fax will get to keep my future money, or Fax will get my $5 and not get any of my future money.

The way I heard is it was instituted because of differences between what a dancer claims she danced and what a customer pays for...

If this was ACTUALLY the case, you would go for dances, the staffer would count the songs, then you would go over to the table and pay the dancer in front of the staff.

At no point should you have to pay the staffer an extra $5, that's bullshit. You pay $5 for them to do nothing? Right.

I'd much rather just pay a $10 door fee. Or pay $5 as soon as you get up and that gets you a VIP "pass" in the form of another hand stamp.

Or in my case I'll just go in to see my girlfriends during the day.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I go to this place very rarely but happened to be there early January.

One of the dancers told me about when they were told there would be this new $5 "Booth Rental Fee". The Justification was as follows:

- See that ATM over there? All the cash has been going to you girls. We want our cut

- Pretty soon all the other clubs will follow our lead

She also told me the owners ordered it cuz they have expensive lifestyles that keep getting more expensive. They don't want to cut any personal corners like all the rest of us are having to do in this day and age.

I don't know if any of this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me. Bottom line is it's a cash grab. And not the only one. Have you checked out drink prices at the Nu Den lately??

The only option we have if a club starts to chastize/insult/disrespect their customers in this manner? Vote with our feet and stop going there. If enough of us have the will power to do that, then maybe a few decisions might be overturned.

I shall be very unpopular for this post but here it goes. Going to a strip club is a luxury not a necessity.. if you can't afford it or do not like the service/cost, then just don't go! A business owner has the right to charge an amount that they see fit in order to make a decent profit at the end of the day. Mind you as a customer you have every right to complain but don't be too upset if the business owner does not cave

• Like 6

I shall be very unpopular for this post but here it goes. Going to a strip club is a luxury not a necessity.. if you can't afford it or do not like the service/cost' date=' then just don't go! A business owner has the right to charge an amount that they see fit in order to make a decent profit at the end of the day. Mind you as a customer you have every right to complain but don't be too upset if the business owner does not cave[/quote']

I agree, a business owner has the right to charge an amount as they see fit however, other clubs don't charge this.

The money does not go to the dancer, it goes to the club owner, why??? why would a club owner penalise customers for being there and using the facility as it is meant to be?

Sorry still don't agree. If XYZ company does not charge the same as ABC company the punter has a choice as to which business he will give his custom. Perhaps this particular club is not meeting it's expenses what with the free buffet lunches ando inexpensive libations and therefore found a way to perhaps make it a viable business.if 5 bucks is a deal breaker well....

Additional Comments:

PS i am not nor ever have been a dancer (godbless all you lovely ladies). It jjst irks me to no end when people complain about the cost of rhe luxuries in their life. Save up or dont indulge! Luxe...i love you!

• Like 6

It is human nature to complain about changes that we don't like.

Nonetheless, I am sure we all have things to be thankful for. As customers, we should be thankful there are several good clubs in the Ottawa/Gatineau area, the price of private dances has been the same for at least the last 15 years, and we have the freedom and the financial ability to choose to go the clubs we prefer.

Owners who run their club well will make good profit, for which they should be thankful.

Dancing is a tough way to make a living for sure! But compared to a lot of other jobs, it can provide decent money, it provides tremendous flexibility of schedule, and it is one of the few jobs where it is quite acceptable to consume alcohol while working.

As for me, if I feel like going to Barefax I am not going to be deterred by the $5 upstairs fee. What matters is how much I enjoy the club.

• Like 3