I absolutely love cooking! I will be sharing my favourite recipes and I hope others will share theirs too!

Here's one to start!

Spinach Artichoke Lasagna

Half cup chopped onion

4 cloves garlic, chopped

2 cups vegetable broth

1tsp rosemary

1 can artichoke hearts, chopped

1 box chopped frozen spinach, thawed & drained

1 17oz jar alfredo sauce

uncooked ready bake lasagna noodles

3 cups shredded mozzarella

1 cup feta OR parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 350. Grease 3qt baking dish.

Grease large skillet & heat over med-high. Add onion and garlic, cook about 3 mins. Stir in broth and rosemary. Heat to boiling. Stir in artichokes and spinach, reduce heat. Cover, simmer 5mins. Stir in alfredo sauce.

Spread 1/4 artichoke mixture in bottom of baking dish, top with one layer lasagna noodles. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers twice or more. End with artichoke mixture & mozzarella. Top with feta or parmesan.

Cover and bake 40mins. Uncover and bake 15mins.

• Like 3

1/2 cup fine bulgur wheat

1tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 cup diced vine tomatoes

Salt and pepper to taste

2 cups finely diced celery (keep leaves)

2 cups diced English cucumber

1 cup chopped green onion

2 cups roughly chopped Italian parsley

1/2 cup roughly chopped mint

1/2 cup roughly chopped celery leaves

3tbsp olive oil

1tsp grated lemon rind

1/4tsp allspice and 1/4tsp cinnamon if you wish

Cover bulgur with boiling water and lemon juice. Let sit for 7 minutes. Drain excess water. In a large mixing bowl, stir hot bulgur with diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cool.

Add celery, cucumber and green onion to mixture. Add parsley, mint and celery leaves. Toss with oil, lemon rind, allspice and cinnamon.

I love tabbouleh as a spring or summer dish. I eat it alone, with pita chips or in a wrap with chicken salad or tuna.

Rice Krispies cakes:

1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:

In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.

Note

- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.

- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.

- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.

- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.

- To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.

• Like 1

I've made this recipe twice and each time I tweaked the recipe a little to suit my tastes. I'll post the original recipe and make notes of the ingredients I added.

6 1/2 cups of water, divided

1/2 cup extra virgin (teehee) olive oil

Grated zest of 2 lemons

Juice of 1/2 lemon, about 2tbsp

2 1/4 tsp salt (I used much less)

1lb (500g) linguine

1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite size pieces

1 cup fresh sweet peas

2 cups trimmed snow peas or firmly packed baby spinach (I used snow peas)

1/4 cup finely chopped mint (I substituted with dill the second time and preferred it)

1 cup finely grated Romano (my grocer doesn't have Romano so I used Parmesan)

I added about 1 cup of heavy cream and white pepper to the recipe. I also added extra Parmesan to taste.

Pour 6 cups water into a large pot wide enough to accommodate the linguine. Add olive oil, lemon zest, juice and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat.

Add pasta, return to a boil and cook, stirring often with tongs, for 6 minutes. Add asparagus and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in peas and snow peas, cook 3 minutes longer, stirring carefully in final minutes to prevent sticking.

Remove from heat, add remaining 1/2 cup of water, or less to loosen sauce. Toss with mint (or dill) and 1/2 of cheese. Use remainder of cheese to top the dish once served.

What I did, instead of adding the cheese at the last step was use a small pot to mix the Parmesan and heavy cream that I added to the recipe. I heated the mixture over low heat and brought to a boil until it thickened. I then added it to the rest of the ingredients in the large pot.

Additional Comments:

PORK BURGERS

This recipe for pork burgers is my own. I've found that using ground pork is so much more tender and flavorful than using ground beef. I'm addicted to this recipe and have made it often in the last little while. Because it's my own creation, I'll try to estimate the measurements the best I can.

1lb lean ground pork

1/2 cup finely chopped fresh sage

1 egg

1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion

1/2 cup bread crumbs

2tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Salt and pepper (preferably freshly ground)

1/2 package of bacon

4 cloves of garlic, chopped

Add garlic and bacon to a food processor or blender and mix until well blended and mushy.

In a large bowl add all ingredients including the bacon/garlic mixture. Mix well.

Form hamburger patties (I make 5 from this recipe)

Barbecue or fry the patties and voila!

I melt old cheddar and add sweet coleslaw on top.

Yum!

• Like 1

Cheese Burger Pasta Skillet

INGREDIENTS

1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

1 can (15 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce

2 cups dry medium pasta shells, uncooked

1-1/4 cups water

1/4 cup Hunt's® Tomato Ketchup

1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend

NUTRITION INFORMATION

379 calories, 35g Carbs

DIRECTIONS

STEP ONE

Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic salt; cook 7 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.

STEP TWO

Add tomato sauce, pasta and water; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and cook 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.

STEP THREE

Stir in ketchup. Top with cheese and let stand until cheese melts.

Marzetti is cheap and easy to make. Everyone I've cooked this for falls in love with it!

1lb ground beef

1 large onion, chopped

1/2 cup green pepper, chopped

1 can cream of mushroom soup, concentrated/unprepared

1 can tomato soup, concentrated/unprepared

1 can (6oz) tomato paste

1tsp salt

1/4tsp oregano

1/4tsp pepper

1/3 cup water

1tbsp Worcestershire sauce

8oz no-yolk egg noodles, cooked

1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

1pkg mushrooms of any kind (this is an addition I make to the original recipe)

In a large, non stick skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms (if you choose to use them), over medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in all ingredients except cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture into a greased 3qt baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top.

Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

This was one of the first recipes I made out of the first Family Circle cookbook that I bought 15 years ago. It is soooo good!

Ingredients

-4 pounds strip steak (4 total, 1 inch thick)

-1/2 teaspoon salt

-1 tablespoon cracked black pepper

-3 tablespoons olive oil

-1/4 cup chopped onion

-2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary

-2 garlic, finely chopped

-1 1/2 cups dry red wine

-1 cup canned condensed beef broth

-1/2 teaspoon dark-brown sugar

Directions

1 of 4

Season steaks with salt. Press pepper on surfaces.

2 of 4

Heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Add steaks. Lower heat to medium; cook, turning once, 4 minutes per side for rare, 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, and 8 minutes per side for well-done. Remove to warm platter; keep warm.

3 of 4

Add onion to skillet; cook until browned, stirring, 2 minutes. Add half the rosemary, half the garlic; cook, stirring, 20 seconds. Add wine. Increase heat to high; boil vigorously 2 minutes.

4 of 4

Add broth, sugar and meat juices that have collected on platter. Boil 10 minutes more or until liquid is reduced by half, about 1 cup. Add remaining rosemary and garlic. Pour over steaks and serve.

Nutrition Information for Strip Steak With Rosemary Red Wine Sauce

Servings Per Recipe: 4

Per Serving: 831 mg sodium, 62 g pro., 159 mg chol., 5 g carb., 30 g Fat, total, 610 kcal cal.

• Like 1