John Stossel confronts a prostitute, a pimp, and an anti-prostitution crusader.

Julie Bindel, author of the book The Pimping of Prostitution, wants that to change. She co-founded "Justice for Women", a group that fights to end all prostitution. Bindel tells John Stossel, "I've interviewed a lot of sex buyers, and they talk about women like they're human toilets or spittoons for men's semen."

Does that mean it should be illegal?

No, says Christina Parreira, a PHD student at the University of Nevada who studies legal prostitution. She became a prostitute herself to gain access to the legal brothels and interview women there. She argues, "we don't need protection, we're consenting adult women. [Groups like Bindel's] say that it's oppression against women and we're being exploited. But I feel more exploited by these supposedly liberal women that are telling me that I'm being exploited."

John Stossel confronts Bindel, Parreira, and Dennis Hof, owner of 7 legal brothels in Nevada.

Produced by Naomi Brockwell. Edited by Joshua Swain.

Category

News & Politics

License

Standard YouTube License

• Like 2

I don't agree with everything in this report, but it was interesting. And at least you know the link still works as of today.