Diabetes 2

Hi

Any of you cerb members suffer from Diabetes 2.

I was diagnosed several years ago with it and having taking medications such as Metaformin and Januvia for it.

What do you take for it and how have you adjusted your lifestyles.

Does it affect your sex life?

I am Type II and was diagnosed 13 tears ago. Fortunately I have been able to control it with diet and exercise. I lost about 40 lbs which also brought my blood pressure an cholesterol back in line.

I do still have symptoms but usually because I have gone off my diet, missed a meal or stopped exercising. Occassionally I have ED but not sure if that is from Diabetes or just one of those things that happens once in a while.

I take Junuvia as well I have since my lost 40lbs by changing diet it has helped and as butterfly said it seems under control and only get symptoms when you miss eating but for most part its good Dr does not have me testing everday I stop in once a week he checks it

I have even went two weeks forgetting pills and has been normal I think diet has alot to do with it

I am a natural health practitioner. My ex BF had type 2 when we first met, but we were able to reverse it!! It took about 8 months, and with the proper combination of nutritional supplements and eating habits, it was reversed to the point he did not have to take his meds after. It did come back, as when we went our separate ways, he ended up with it again. because he did not follow the same regiment as we designed earlier.

Things like stiva actually in time, can help the pancreas to produce it's own insulin! Eating protein in the morn, kidney support with juniper extract. If you like to pm me I can suggest the same type of regiment for you as well. I do not claim to heal, only advise.

From what i read many of the symptoms are the same between high blood sugar and low blood sugar. What are your typical symptoms when your blood sugar is high. Some times I feel really tired when I am driving home at around 5 and I can bearly stay awake. When I get home and test my glucose levels it is sometimes low and other very hgih.

I'll like to revive this thread to see if anyone can offer new advice. I have started exercising a lot and have lost a lot of weight and have started getting more muscular. My glucose readings seem to be getting better unless i eat something high in carbs like pizza or mash potato's. I like to eat. Any suggestions on what types of food to avoid that will raise your blood sugar.

Any one taking any natural supplements to help keep their blood sugar low?

Recently I was on JANUMET for the last couple of years. But then my blood sugar levels begin to slowly go up again. The Doctor put me on Victoza which is more recent drug that was released a few years ago. So far in 3 months my blood sugar has gone done and I've lost 9 lbs. I feel better and have no brain fog anymore. Anyone else use Victoza. I was lucky that I did not suffer many of the possible side effects.

Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with these various drugs for Diabetes 2.

It seems like they work for a while and then the blood sugar level creeps up again. then the dr. prescribes something newer and more expensive that has different side effects. Been trying different natural supplements but don't know if they really help or not. As I am not consistently taking them at the same time or in the proper does. Can you recommend a natural supplement that you find helps you?

Thanks for any info you can offer.

I'm not sure if these GP's know what they are doing, they seem to just keep writing prescriptions for drugs that are being pushed by the drug companies. Once a drug stops working, they just add another one to the arsenel and still tell you to keep the expensive drug that doesn't really work. The last one I tried was Invokana which is suppose to work by making you a pee a lot to keep the sugar from entering your blood stream.

Supposedly it works well for some person. But after a month on it, I gave up on it. Made you pee 3 times an hour. and 7 times a night. Loss a lot of weight on it. But also a lot of sleep.

Now there is a lawsuit against the company. It seems like it may cause a few amputations: https://www.drugwatch.com/2016/06/08/clinical-trials-link-amputation-with-invokana/

they also put me on Lipitor which is to lower your cholesterol. But this drug has many side effects and recently, they said that it could cause diabetes.

So you need to do you own research.

Just wanted to know if anyone here who has diabetes 2 has found a natural supplement that actually lowers blood sugar.

I have a family member who grew up in the time when there was a pill for everything. And she would ignore any advice to get healthy because she just figured she could take a pill for it and she would be all better. But what she didn't realize was that these meds have side effects, that need to be counter-acted with other meds. She was like a walking drug store. She finally took her health seriously when she was diagnosed with diabetes. She lost an amazing amount of weight, following the advice (and working very closely) with a diabetes professional, who helped her with her diet and portions etc. But my aunt still relies heavily on pills as a solution to all her problems. Her kidneys and liver I'm sure will let her know the error of ways one day. Until then she just refuses to accept her responsibility in her health issues.

But she doesn't see it.

• Like 1

You may be able to reverse your diabetes type 2.

People are doing it now. It seems like the current treatment of diabetes type 2 is totally wrong. I came across this information by luck. Since I followed this procedure. I have lost 20 lbs and my my blood sugar is back to normal. Haven't had a chance to check my cholestorol. but it should be better. We seem to be doing everything that we are told and not improving. By doing the opposite of what we have been told. I have gotten off most my diabetes type 2 medications. This may work for you.

google Jason Fung. Watch his videos.

also check out the following two sites.:

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/

there are many other sites that agree with his conclusions.

Give it a try.

It is basically Low Carb High Fat diet with Intermittent fasting.

It's easier then you think. I've tried many diet and this one works for me.

And it's not calorie restriction. Watch his videos and his explanation.

It makes sense.

I have been a type 2 diabetic for many years now. I went from pill to insulin back to just pills and I have found that a good diet with exercise 3 to 4 times a week is the best way to control my sugar level.

Just a note that sex don't count as exercise. Tried that it doesn't work you still need to do real workout.

The bonus in doing the exercise is that you will have more stamina for sex and most women will enjoy that.

• Like 1