Coconut Oil as lube

Wondering if any other SPs use coconut oil as lube on the job? It's my favourite lube for personal use, though it can be a little tricky to manipulate...

:)

• Like 3

true it wil break down latex but has some added anti-fungal and anti-bacterial benefits tho

Like any oil - it'll also stain clothing & sheets

I used to have a "friend" who told me about the wonders of coconut oil...

her boyfriend later told me he was quite impressed by it.

been trying to persuade my wife to try it...

Well, they made me switch from "Virgin" olive oil to "Coconut Oil" due to it's far superior health advantages for cooking.

Having said that, what recommendations might people have for "edible" lotions and creams? (They can have very different applications of course). I mean, everybody's got to eat right? ;)

true it wil break down latex but has some added anti-fungal and anti-bacterial benefits tho

Like any oil - it'll also stain clothing & sheets

I haven't read any science to back up these antifungal and antibacterial claims, I've only heard people repeat it over and over.

Where do you guys get this info?

I'd definitely use it to hydrate/moisturize my hair, skin and also as a oil massage...it feels so good on the skin. :)

Otherwise, I'd avoid using coconut oil as a lubricant or with condoms. Stay safe ;)

• Like 3

Google will show a ton of results but ths site is one where info is verified as opposed to those natural health sites:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/facts/benefits-of-coconut-oil.htm

I would use coconut oil for this purpose per se but its just a nice added benefit

They give the references but if you look at the research they are referencing it actually doesn't have much info on coconut oil specifically except for some topical applications.

They quote research of compounds that are found in coconut oil as well as other things, but they don't speak to the efficacy of those compounds in the form of coconut oil.

• Like 1

If you use coconut oil as lube, use non-latex condoms, like the female/internal condom or polyisoprene condoms (Lifestyle Skyns, Durex Avanti Bare Real Feel).

If you're using latex, silicone lube is a nice "oilier" feeling lube that is latex-friendly.

• Like 3

Oils and latex are not good bedmates.

And personally I find if I get coconut oil down there, it upsets the already delicate pH balance of the female anatomy and nine times out of ten I get a yeast infection. Of course, it could be other factors since correlation does not equate causation but that's enough for me to avoid it.

I prefer a nice silicone based lube for down there, and I use the coconut oil as a hot oil treatment for my hair now and then. Especially in the cold, dry Ottawa winters!

• Like 2

Lube-wise, I feel coconut oil may easily start a mess of infections down there? I wouldn't trust it, but then again, I'm too sensitive :'(

Guest ATasteOfEve

I'm not sure how beneficial it is or whether it's all marketing hype put out there by the companies who want to up their sales and exports to North America...Someone is probably laughing all the way to the bank on this. You have to wonder about a natural product that has been around since time began and all of a sudden it`s a wonder food, moisturizer, lube, hair conditioner etc...

Personally, I use it all over because I find it absorbs into the skin and makes my skin look younger;) Once I forgot my freaking lube(silicone based for sensitive skin) at home and didn't realise until I was on my way to the airport. I had to use my coconut oil(which you can get fragrance free) for the first day when I arrived because I didn't have time to run to a sex shop for more. I actually had no adverse reactions other than it wasn't as slippery as my good old silicone lube. ALSO, it works well as a substitute for butter or oil when you`re cooking your rice or stir fries and a better fat than butter or oil.

Correcting my earlier post, polyisoprene condoms are not safe to use with oils!

Just avoid oil based lubes - there are so many other options out there that won't interfere with your safer sex efforts or vaginal flora.

I use it for massage because a little goes a long way but for any other activities, it isn't safe with latex and having some in a certain area one time gave me an adverse reaction. I have certain parts that are picky to soaps and oils.

Coc. oil is good for cooking, smoothies, and on peanut butter sammiches. It makes a nice change from margarine on toast. Been using for quite awhile on a facial scar and on freckle/age spot on hand: it seems to fade them a bit. It was recommended to me as a healing agent for an anal fissure, to put off unpleasant surgery, for which it has been effective.

When purchasing a new jar, I divide into two containers: one for cooking, and one for butt. lol

• Like 1