Should I Hold Off For Now?

Guest M***s

I'm 23 and I've never been sexually active.

I decided to just jump in and crush this virginity with a thor size hammer :)

Should I talk to my doctor first though?

I see all of these threads about hpv and hep a/b and I'm starting to wonder if I should maybe get some of these vaccines before becoming active.

I've set up a meeting with a high class girl on here, and I would hate to cancel.

I'm just not sure that i've thought this through though.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

It sounds like you are not ready to proceed with you appointment. If you are unsure about you must let the lady know right away so that you are not wasting her time. Cancelling with out a valid reason may make her to decide to decline to see you in the future.

Guest M***s

Well, I'm ready to proceed in every way mentally.

I'm just trying to find out if certain vaccinations are a general prerequisite to these sort of encounters. Everything will be safe of course so I don't see how I have anything to worry about, but I don't have any experience which is why i'm seeking community input.

You say that i'm not ready to proceed and yet you imply that I don't have a valid reason not to proceed? No offence to you and I value your input, but just state your opinion clearly, your 2 statements above appear to conflict.

I think what Northern Guy was trying to say is that it seems you put things in the wrong order therefore should wait. If you are concerned about becoming active and what vaccines you should or shouldn't have, you should speak with your doctor FIRST and see your lady second. This is your choice depending on the level of your concerns and the risk you assign to the activities you will be participating in. Only you can make that decision.

There is nothing wrong with getting the vaccines after your appointment provided you will be participating in safe activities. This is also providing you won't be worrying about this before, during and afterwards.

If you are highly concerned and assigning great risk, I would say cancel the appointment with apologies and perhaps an apology gift (as this is your concern and it should have been dealt with prior to an appt), talk to your doctor and be safe. Mind you this is all dependent on how far off your appointment is and if you have time prior while still maintaining it.

I hope everything works out for you.

• Like 1

It's your choice to get vaccines. However, the bigger thing you need to consider is getting checked for STI's and everything else. So, you know you are safe and healthy. I always tell my clients it's important to get tested. How often you get tested is your personal preference. Me personally, I get tested every 6-8 weeks (when I am asked when I did last I am honest and tell the client when).

Using protection prevents you from contracting something. (lowers the risks a lot)

Depending on how often you see ladies depends on whether or not you should get tested more or less, or give yourself a time frame or limit.

I've been asked by clients how much they should get tested. I always say, if there was ever a risk (condom breaking) get tested sooner than later. However, if they only see a few ladies every few weeks, then base it off that and what you are comfortable with.

I always stress that we as ladies get tested you should also be getting tested on the caution on good health. It's not just us that should be getting those tests done, everyone should once they become sexually active.

Also, ensuring you are cleaning properly and checking for anything out of the ordinary is also important for yourself and whoever you see, so there isn't an awkward pause of conversation on the subject of STI testing and cleanliness, but it's a conversation to always bring up.

I hope this is helpful.

Guest M***s

Yeah, I sent along an cancellation donation and my regards.

This gets expensive, and I haven't even had any fun yet :p

Additional Comments:

I hope there is a darn good reason to have cancelled this.

The only thing I can think of that I'd be likely to catch would be hpv, since so many have it. Even if I get vaccinated for that then so what? I still wouldn't feel safe doing anything unprotected (including oral and kissing) since there is still a risk of hiv.

I'm mostly just interested in massage, foot appreciation and other safe stuff.

I feel like i've wasted my time here and cancelled a perfectly good appointment for no reason whatsoever.

I was really hoping someone would have an idea of any vaccines that are an absolute requirement.

Everyone is going to have different feelings on what risks are acceptable to take and which aren't. Others can tell you what the generally accepted recommendations are, but whether it's worth it to you to wait or avoid certain activities is a very personal decision.

The recommended schedule for maximum immunity for both Gardisil (HPV) and Twinrix (HAV & HBV) are three shots over the course of six months.

Ideally you should complete the vaccination schedule before becoming sexually active. These are preventable infections. But as humans we very often decide that taking on a bit more risk is worth the benefits, and that's a very normal and okay decision to make.

I can tell you that your risk of contracting HIV through kissing is non-existent, and the risk from unprotected oral sex is low.

Realistically your risks from kissing are HPV and HSV (herpes, which there's a very good chance you already have, as many people get cold sores from casual contact as children), and other stuff that isn't generally considered an STI, like mono and colds.

Your risk from unprotected oral sex is primarily around HPV, HSV, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.

Even "safe" stuff like massage carries some small risk of transmission of STIs like HSV, HPV and syphilis, which are all transmitted through skin to skin contact.

Basically, if you're going to be sexually active in any way with another human being (sex workers or non-sex workers), you have to accept that there will be some risk, but this is true of all things in life. The best you can do is educate yourself about the risks and then make an informed decision about how to mitigate your risks and what is acceptable for you for the trade off, which is the fun, pleasure and connection of being sexual with another person.

http://www.uptodate.com/home has lots of good information that is aimed at both lay persons and health care provider.

Follow through with seeing someone when you feel confident that you understand what your level of risk is and feel okay with that. No one else can tell you exactly where on the spectrum of risk you will fall, but I think that we can all say that you'll have a lot more fun and feel far better about your encounter if you sort out your anxiety about STI transmission before you book.

Good luck!

• Like 5

Set your mind at ease. Go get the vaccinations..... maybe I should too but I don't feel compelled to. You are simply suffering from this: and I understand that!

You poor guy.

In my opinion, don't fret about it. As long as you go three and aren't sticking your fingers into anything and licking them, you should be fine. I mean its like seeing a person you've just met, you still have to be worried.

My advise, don't expect a lot when go...just go and see whats its like, then if you want to further your experiences, great. But don't stress yourself out of a great situation. Its clear you have your head on right, so no need to be worried ;) xo

Guest M***s

Well I felt like it was a mistake to cancel the entire encounter, so I sent a message shortly after my cancellation request to let her know that I was being overparanoid and I'm just a bit hesitant in what i'm willing to carry out. I'll leave out the hpv risks this trip and go from there, plenty of time in the future to try other things.

I've read the actual rates of transmission for hiv and I have to say they are surprisingly low. Seems like my paranoia just isn't rational. My ocd can only drive me up the wall until I see the actual statistics, thank you for the suggestions folks :)

There are no absolute 'requirements' for vaccines, but you bring up a very valid point here.

We as sp's are tested very regularly, just for our own peace of mind and the safety of clients.

The fact that this is a concern for you, the advice of seeing your doctor and inquiring about vaccines is a very good idea.

Safety always comes first in this.

Any reputable sp is going to make sure that you feel safe, and that she is very aware of how you feel.

The types of activities that you are seeking are very relaxed and enjoyable for both. An sp will have you feeling comfortable before you even see her :-)

Most of us love to have someone that is brand new to this, we make you feel at ease, if you do not feel at ease, then cancelling the appointment is your best bet.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to explore, but make sure you are comfortable in your decision.

Guest M***s

She has indeed been very accepting and understanding so far. I am going to see her tomorrow. Like I said, it is no big loss if I don't do every thing on my bucket list in one night, I have a whole life time to explore.

Great advice on this chat, and I while I am sure by now you have gone through this, a good point not often mentioned, is that you are protecting not only yourself but your future partners (and likely someday somebody you really love) when you practice safe sex. So keep at it!