Massage Oils and Skin Sensitivity

Well I think I have Discovered that I have a skin Sensitivity to The lotions being used for massages. After a massage I find that after maybe 2 to 3 hours the more delicate tissues in various area of the body start to burn. This can last a few days. Has anyone else had any issues with this?

Coconut Oil is the best for massages and it is a great lube too. I haven't heard of anything negative about using it.

Coconut oil is a great product. However, if using latex condoms, it is not recommended.

• Like 1

To take this thread in a bit of a different direction, you may want to ask your provider what products they use (brand and specific type) so that you can research the ingredients. Many ingredients cross over into many products and this would be something good for you to know, not only in a massage situation, but life in general.

If you determine what is causing the issue, you can then talk to providers about the products they use and ensure that whatever they are using either does not contain that material or is a very natural products (IE: coconut oil, hemp, Sliquid products)

I know a number of people with sensitivities both to ingredients and scents so it's very important you speak to your providers about this. If it is a business as opposed to an Indy, you may want to mention the potential reactions their products might cause. Many would want to know this. Most Indy ladies that offer massage use quality oils and lotions of either a natural or close to natural basis.

Good Luck with finding the source and stopping your reactions.

• Like 2

Definitely talk to your provider about this, and have them use something different next time around. This sounds extremely unpleasant and unnecessary for you to endure.

Oil is also incompatible with polyisoprene condoms, which I wasn't aware of till recently, and is important to know, as polyisoprene is one of the most common materials for non-latex condoms.

• Like 4

I know what's like to be allergic to every product you try. This is why I developped a ''baby powder'' massage, and no complaints so far.

I use the Johnson's one, with corn starch.

It doesn't attack the skin, can even solve some problems like greasy skin, is not messy, slides awesomely, is very easy to clean...

I found no downside so far, so if you suffer from the ''skin under attack syndrome'', this option might be for you... Just saying...

• Like 1

Guest Na****a***mers (RETIRED)

It is most likely the chemicals and the fragrance you are having an allergic reaction to. Ask for a fragrance-free organic oil.

Guest Ji***** Rh***s

Hello everyone :),

Im new to this board and have been reading some the posts, i must say they are quite interesting, entertaining & informative!

I thought id also offer my experience with oils over the last 10 years.

I started out with the usual baby oil which quickly wrecked every article of clothing around me. I then went to coconut oil thinking it was better. Its certainly not bad for you or your skin but I've found art much better used as a cosmetic application for skin, nails & hair rather than an all over massage.

Small areas are fine, like heels and elbows etc however in MY experience, after trying all the usual first runner ups, baby, canola, sesame, olive, crimson flower oil and many more to list, I've had the best success with massage when i use a dilution of half grape seed oil & glycerin.

The grape seed oil is non allergenic and isn't know to cause or stimulate any skin conditions unless you are one of the rare and unfortunate ones that are sensitive to it.

Its also vegan :)

As well as the most lightweight oil we have available to us :)

It readily absorbs light weightily into your skins pores, its packed with vitamin E and we all know how good that stuff can be for our skin!

With the glycerine( cheap & readily available at all drug stores) combination, it spreads fluidly over my clients skin, leaved no smell or heavy residue and the glycerine allows a long time smooth and silky massage.

My clients rave about it- in fact I usually grab little plastic bottles from either the dollar store or Walmart and make some up for them to purchase (only for $5) to take home..it also makes a great lube for your bare skin ( not condoms)!

With a mix of 60% glycerine, 35% grape seed oil plus a small 5% amount of water, you will fall in massage oil love with it!

Please let me know if anyone tries my mixture..

Good luck & happy massaging!

xo Jillian Rhodes xo