So it seems to have much more love in the Toronto section but it's almost an exact of BP replica and decided to give it a shot myself. Anyone else has an opinion on the site and if they would use it or look for someone on there?

A SWer friend of mine suggested it to me.

Thanks. Seems like a good substitute for CL but not enough ads yet, since I gather it's new. It should probably also have categories for "Couples for M" or similar, that is, a more varied personals section. That's what seems to be missing now that CL is gone.

I understand that the sites are careful about what they allow because of new american laws, but surely people can still post or respond to personal ads. I fail to see why that's any of the government's business.

• Like 1

Everyone's trying to grab BP's slice of the advertising pie. Some are making more brazen attempts to cash in than others :) They won't all survive.

• Like 2

I, personally, am leery of anything that wants to use the name backpage at all. I mean it just puts a big target on their back.

I received this text msg that says: Hi we are largest adult ad agency of backpage.com, since backpage is offline for unknow reason, we are moving forward to the new classifieds website adlist24.com, feel free to checkout the most update adult service on adlist24.com. we programmers are working hard to rebuild the backpage now.

That is the text word for word. It's fishy because of the grammar but also because it says bp is down for 'unknow'n reasons. We KNOW why they're down. It's just another in long list of opportunists. I think it's time to choose a site or two and stick to them and make them work instead of trying to chase down the next best thing, we have to CREATE the next best thing :) !!!

• Like 3

I received this text msg that says: [...], since backpage is offline for unknow reason, we are moving forward to the new classifieds website [...].

That is the text word for word. It's fishy because of the grammar but also because it says bp is down for 'unknow'n reasons. We KNOW why they're down.

Haha I received the same text and laughed because of this. ''Unknown reasons''... Nice try

• Like 2