STI Health Risks chart link

http://healthnurse.wordpress.com/faq-about-sexual-health/sti-risks-chart/

This updates some of the common stds and transmission risks. (I note this because in the previous charts, bbbjs would be listed as medium risk to the giver, and low risk to the receiver, and now both parties are listed as high risk for most of the reported stds)

The Health Nurse operates a sub forum on another site, but if you have specific questions on a topic, they are easy to contact and quick to reply and you can reach them thru the above link as well.

The Health forum on the other site is filled with questions, some you might funny or obvious, others not, but all are quite serious. It boggles the mind sometimes just what people do NOT know, and can be a real eye opener to read some of the past threads. Pm if you want the name of the other site.

(not sure if this is the right section for this topic, but if I put into General, it will get buried sooner)

• Like 3

Guest G***f******

Thanks a lot for that link.

I've not yet been with a service provider, was planning to for the first time in the near future. Is it impolite or even offensive to ask the lady how recently she's been tested, when making initial contact? I'll be honest, that chart is kinda frightening, it's like you can get Syphalis just smiling at someone.

Guest W***ledi*Time
.. Is it impolite or even offensive to ask the lady how recently she's been tested, when making initial contact?...

Yes. Do not do this at initial contact, or anytime.

Guest s******ecan****

Not to mention pointless since there would no way to verify any of the information.

Not to mention pointless since there would no way to verify any of the information.

That is correct. It is one of the few pointless questions. Any question where the answer is self evidently going to be a positive one is pointless and won't help at all. Common ones are "are you clean", "is it private", and "is that really your picture". Whether true or not, anyone asked these questions says "yes", so that is why I say "pointless" lol.

The Health Nurse was asked a question about fs with condoms and stats regarding stds, and HN replied this way:

I have also read the same thing in a few studies that have shown that people have gotten chlamydia and gonorrhoea while using a condom. I think the main problem is that all of these studies require people to fill out questionnaires saying what type of sex they are having and if they used condoms. As you can imagine there can be certain errors that take place.

People can put that they used a condom when in actual fact the condom broke, slipped off or they did not use a condom at all.

Also from examples in the clinic we have always wondered other more likely ways that chlamydia gonorrhea have spread, here are a few.

- People seem to forget that they had unprotected oral sex (bbbj) while having vaginal sex with a condom.

- If a man touches the tip of his penis with his finger and gets some fluid on it like pre cum and then puts this it the vagina.

- A woman gets vaginal fluids on her finger and then touches the tip of the penis with this fluid.

- A man touches the tip of his penis around the entrance to the vagina, fluid to fluid before putting a condom on.

- A man puts a condom on, try's to roll it down the penis but finds he put it on the wrong way. If he just flips it over and rolls it down there is a chance some fluid could be on the outside.

When we went with no risk it was mainly from looking at the possibility of chlamydia transferring through latex given that a condom was used correctly, every time, did not break or slip off and none of the above happen.

I would be interested if anyone had any additional information about this. We can always change the categories if we get some new information.

In preventing gonorrhea and chlamydia we have found that the best thing is to go for a regular urine test.

HN

www.healthnurse.wordpress.com

www.bccdc.ca

www.stiresource.com

hello, new to hobby: what's your take on bbbj and daty as health risk?

seems that herpes and hpv would be a serious problem i.e. not just an inconvenience. Of course there are the others too...

responses from sp's and hobs would be welcome on this.

Thanks a lot for that link.

I've not yet been with a service provider, was planning to for the first time in the near future. Is it impolite or even offensive to ask the lady how recently she's been tested, when making initial contact? I'll be honest, that chart is kinda frightening, it's like you can get Syphalis just smiling at someone.

It would be considered impolite. And for all this concern about STD/STI in hobbying, why isn't there the equivalant amount of posting about STD/STI for singles doing the bar scene, or frankly, even so called committed relationships. Not saying this passing judgment, but affairs do happen.

STD/STI are from sex, no matter whether hobbying, going to bars, sleeping with your partner who is cheating on you etc etc etc.

I believe (I may be wrong) hobbiests/sp's, generally speaking, would be more aware of the risks, therefore show more precautions

My thoughts, for what they are worth

RG

• Like 1

I both agree and disagree, asking on initial contact can often make someone very uncomfortable and can be very offensive but it is often how you ask as well. I have had people ask me in an opening email by saying "Are you clean?" "How do I know you don't have a disease?" to which I usually respond with a link for the mens health clinic so they can get themselves tested (though I do giggle when the odd person replies "wait you're a man?").

I've also had others approach the subject by saying "I'm very new to this, I've never seen a lady and have several concerns do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" They will then ask about booking procedures, incall vs. outcall, health information (both testing for themselves - where, is it needed, etc. and for myself) and basic etiquette. In that context I do not mind at all and in fact appreciate that they are taking the time not only to inform themselves but to ask the questions they need to feel comfortable.

I also had one very wonderful date that have made it clear that the only concern he had was the STI risks but it was how he asked it that mattered, rather than accusing me he approached it much like he would asking anyone for relationship advice. It was something like this, 'I have often thought about seeing a lady but have always been nervous, I am in a committed relationship and I do not wish to lose that. I know that I can get away for a few hours and see a lady but I've always had this nagging fear that if I see someone (not you specifically) I am opening up our relationship to the risk of disease. I can't really ask my Dr. about this but what types of activities are 'safe' and what are not?"

Again I was not offended at all and I doubt many ladies would be, he was not accusing me of having a disease rather expressing a real concern that he would have seeing anyone outside of his relationship. I was happy to answer his question and provide him with whatever information I could, which also included how to get safe anonymous testing.

I have also had the conversation with people I have visited over a number of times, it often just comes up and I think just like in any relationship it's good to have a conversation about it. We are all taking some level of risk and just by starting that conversation you are opening up the lines of communication. I want my dates to feel comfortable talking to me about their sexual health, it's important that they have someone to go to should they have a concern and if it may involve me or they have a concern about me I'd prefer they came to me. I understand they do not always have someone at home they can speak to so I think keeping that line of communication open is as valuable to my client as it is to myself.

Now as to the fact that you never really have proof, it's true you don't but it's important that you trust your instincts as well. When someone contacts me I look at both what they say and how they say it and go from there. If I get the feeling that someone is being open, honest and is interested in a conversation then I am generally comfortable with their answer as well. In this specific situation having gone through the testing procedure I would ask open questions and start a dialogue, again you can never be too sure but at least I would know if they were knowledgeable and that in itself would provide me with some level of comfort. I have always preferred to deal with those that know their risks and make informed decisions rather than those that move forward blindly.

• Like 4

I think that it is safe to say that you can ask all you want but you really have to depend on the person being an adult and getting checked regularly. I partake part time in this hobby and this always gets the anxiety going a bit. I guess I wonder like I am sure others do, how often does this happen, what are the chances. i would hope that SP would be checked far more than a person you might pick up at a bar. So do people hear often of people getting something say from BBBJ????

I think that it is safe to say that you can ask all you want but you really have to depend on the person being an adult and getting checked regularly. I partake part time in this hobby and this always gets the anxiety going a bit. I guess I wonder like I am sure others do, how often does this happen, what are the chances. i would hope that SP would be checked far more than a person you might pick up at a bar. So do people hear often of people getting something say from BBBJ????

Why should sp's get checked more than someone you pick up at a bar. Alcohol can often influence behaviour/judgement (or lack of it) at a bar, whereas for the sp the activity is sober and in spite of the intimate nature, it is business

I just find it condescending that the testing question seems to focus on sp's...std's come from sex, is hobbying the only activity where sex goes on,

no.

RG

RG,

I think what i was getting at is that everyone partaking in this hobby should be getting checked for everybodies safety. Call me crazy but I think it is just the responsible thing to do. Maybe I am wrong here, but I know I do just in case something aweful happens, I dont want to be sharing the unwanted. Sorry if this offended you in anyway however it is my point which I feel I am entitled to.

• Like 1

RG,

I think what i was getting at is that everyone partaking in this hobby should be getting checked for everybodies safety. Call me crazy but I think it is just the responsible thing to do. Maybe I am wrong here, but I know I do just in case something aweful happens, I dont want to be sharing the unwanted. Sorry if this offended you in anyway however it is my point which I feel I am entitled to.

First, not offended, sorry if the my post came off that way (it was late at night when I posted and past my bedtime:shock::D:shock:) and yes, I agree, everyone has a right to their opinion. I agree about the testing and safe sex practices. My only point is that the risk for STI/STD's comes from sex, not just sex through hobbying...but going to bars, dating, and even in committed relationships (how many affairs take place in committed relationships) I just think the focus of sti/std testing on sp's only is a societal way of stigmitizing this hobby.

The focus of sti/std testing should be on ALL sexually active people, equally

RG

RG, very good point I think we are both on the same page just going at it the wrong way. The street lights were on here as well and it was waay past my bedtime:)

Cheers,

T