Lyla users and their pets

Guest ****ven

I personally am pet fiend! Multiple tropical fish, 2 dogs and 2 cats up in my hood lol i luv animals

Its known that I'm an animal lover/advocate and love everything from mice to fish. I grew up having just about every pet one could have budgies, fish, turtles, guinea pigs, dogs, cats. I have rescued many cats/dogs, rehoming them and continue to help with many rescue groups buying supplies, vet care, volunteering. I currently have two dogs that I adore, one I took in last summer from a puppy mill in the states, who has caused me to cut back on some of my charity as her vet bills have been tremendous and continue to be as she is soon to have acl surgery.

I relate better to animals as their bond is really unexplainable, you have to experience it to understand it. They will never use you, steal from you, lie to you, intentionally hurt you, nor will they ever let you feel unappreciated, they are worth more then their weight in gold, more than words can describe and to me the best kind of love is the love you receive from a pet:)

After all when was the last time an animal started a war, polluted the planet, killed out of spite, destroyed nature, wasted anything. Nope those are all human traits, and yet we consider ourselves to be the superior species yet the only species destroying this planet, interesting!

• Like 8

I love my furry family. I have 2 cats ( had another one but he passed last year) with a third on the way. Found out my birthday present is a white Persian Teacup kitten. They are always there to give unconditional love and vice versa. They follow me everywhere and love snuggling up with me. One follows me to the mailbox and back. He's more like a dog. I grew up with a lot of kittens and cats over the years more so than dogs so I am obsessed with them.lol. They are like my children with unique personalities. :)

• Like 7

Me and my pooch. Too bad more Ottawa guys weren't dog friendly this visit!

xo Emily

Mariedogseries700.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that, its one of the reasons I don't travel. Cherish your sweet gorgeous baby, he's beautiful-so sorry SHE, hard to tell from the pic:)

Edited by cr**tyc***es

I agree, cristy! :) I sometimes feel bad because I am more affected by the deaths of animals than people.

Milo and his big buddy Vincent

tumblr_mmwiz6YiBZ1s37j8no2_r1_1280.jpg

:biggrin:

I wouldn't feel bad if I were you, you are a kind soul, someone who has empathy for animals, you probably feel the way you do because they are helpless against us, just as children are. I too always feel bad when an animal is hurt, or killed more so than a human. We in most cases can defend ourselves, have means at our disposal for help in dire situations, animals have to rely on us and a lot of times are overlooked and ignored. So don't feel guilty and btw your babies are to cute:)

• Like 3

She is a girl ;)

Also had her acl surgery about 2 years ago. We were protesting in Ottawa this visit about cruelty towards animals and increasing the penalties. Such sad stories of abused animals out there...

Can you believe most guys in Ottawa that called me asked me to put her in the bathroom! What a joke - serious dude! lol

i have a dog called appropriately named ------ and he is a lovely big french Mastiff

ohh, lucky you, such a wonderful, gorgeous and seldom seen breedimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3tu1BzyOcYyRKV3MG7RGGyP7Yf8YfZ7NcgO8uadKUUWTOBKn6 they are also refered to as the Douge De Bordeaux:)

I love animals. Dogs, cats, birds, chickens, fish.

The most I have ever had at one time was 19 dogs and cats. A bit much, so I make sure I limit the total number of animals at one time to a reasonable amount. I also run a cat rescue and spay/neuter and home stray cats. So far, I have taken care of 20 cats this year and working on the next 20.

Right now I have 1 dog, 3 cats, and 2 foster cats at home.

I have owned Great Pyrenees (saved me from a cougar), Rotweillers (they are my most favorite - keeps the bears away), my purebred TerryWawaSzuOOdle (terrier, chiuawa, shz zu, poodle). Lots of cats over the years. And fish.

And of course the famous chickens. Layers and Meat kings. I still have a scar from those bloody bastard meat kings. Nastiest birds on the planet. Did you know that the hens will hide the roosters when it comes to slaughter time? Those roosters are the pansiest out there, hiding behind their ladies. I loved the layers though, really sweet birds.

Here is a link to a thread I started about animals in our lives.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=132680

xoxo

Great_Py_Majesta_Great_Pyrenees.jpg

[/url]

Tropical-Fish-Species-Swordtails.jpg

254816_303898336392019_463327005_n.jpg

561619_303903593058160_2097452460_n.jpg

15999_303366809778505_1397462618_n.jpg

Edited by Me*********od (retired)
  • Like 7

I knew a lot of the Women on Cerb were Pet lover's. :)

What's the strangest or oddest pet you have owned ?

I think for me it was the pygmy hedgehog.

Cute, but prickly :)

We named it Spike :)

Strangest pets? Hmmm, let me see...

Alligator, meanest piece a work on the planet. Lived in a huge aquarium in my dads shop. Lived on home farmed mice, lost frogs found in fence post holes and the occasional boot when he was loose in the yard and a stranger happened by. My dad would sit and wait for the boot feedings. He loved it.

Mice. I bred mice! Why you ask? To feed the alligator of course. Until one day an ermine that lived in our shop for years discovered the contained hunting ground and slaughtered each and every one of them in a night. Very messy.

Monkeys. 2 squirrel monkeys at different times in my life. The first was a full blown alcoholic with rage issues who masterbated to elicite public indignation. He was the ear fucker that smashed bottles of alcohol to get a fix. He also was a thief with no remorse, stealing eggs of any variety and state and sugar. He ran away and lived in neighbouring barns with the cows every summer, terrorized the cat and all children for shits and giggles and thought it was his God given right to draw blood for his personal entertainment. Bottom line, he was an addict with a bad attitude and a death wish that went unfulfilled for far too long. The second was a delight that should have lived forever and died too soon!

A cat. We a single cat that weighed 28 lbs, was bigger than a springer spaniel (I swear) and was known to bring home a live badger or fox for my mom on occasion. Her name was Momma Kitty. Her goal in life was to kill the drunken monkey but unfortunately he had a cage that she could only knock over, never open. Her ultimate success was outliving him.

African lion cub. This little miss didn't last long. My dad brought her home, my mother moved out. She went to live at a lion rescue but not before leaving permanent marks all over my body. Anyone ever really thought about what a 3 month old kitten is like if it weighs 65lbs with claws and teeth that can't be filed or clipped? She would hide and pounce on someone walking by to play but it never ended well. The almost 10lbs of horse meat a day she consumed showed me that I never wanted an indoor cat as I was on litter box duty, thus the scars.

A cow. My dad decided we would raise a cow, kill it and eat it. It thought it was a dog. Really thought it was a dog. Hung out in the dog pen, ran with the dogs at night, thought it should hang out on the porch and at times wandered into my play house and got stuck cause it couldn't turn around. He would panic and get the runs which ruined every carpet I ever stole for my little palace. He would lay next to us like a dog when we sun bathed and twice ruptured our out door water bed. Sometimes the dogs would take him places just to get him stuck, on purpose. We would have to go scouting for him and find him in a thicket or on the other side of a swamp puddle. We didn't eat him. He eventually got pneumonia and died. The dogs dug him up on 3 different occasions so I got to say goodbye more than once.

Dogs. We had them. Police reject sheppards that couldn't resist a rabbit chase, dobermans that were selectively deaf but never missed a whistle call that may involve food, rotties that wished calves were born just a bit bigger because a new born calf is just a little shy of a meal. Husky/wolf mixes that could wipe out a barn full of livestock quicker than a man gets an erection, mastiffs that thought my mother needed her own gaggle of geese and routinely stole the neighbours gander and a goose, bringing them home alive. Pit bulls that thought the tire pile was their natural habitat and would rearrange it at their whim; like dragging dozens of tires to different spots in the yard over night that would require me to get a truck, load it and move the cursed rubber back to the pile. We had an ever evolving pack of dogs that society had rejected and they would show up on our gate with no notice. Bless the ones that weren't pregnant on their arrival. One had 14 puppies the second day she was there. Then continued to spit out more than 10 puppies twice as often as dog should go into heat. We couldn't get her to the vet fast enough to fix her because everytime she we'd get her into his office, she was already carrying again. We could lock this bitch in a room with no windows and she'd still get pregnant but she was the best alpha we ever had so we dealt with the puppy factory she was.

Then we had our pet dogs. Pretty little pets, with bows and silly names. They balanced out the pack; they would escape and run all night with the boys, coming home covered in mud and filth with missing bows and fresh ticks, then attempt to climb into bed with one of us; wet and reeking of swamp. And my parents wondered where I got it!

Ferrets. An albino ferret arrived, frolicking and full of piss and vinegar. He bonded with the second monkey and they made it a mission to ensure our little bowed pet dog had a nervous breakdown. They would tag team on keeping her off every surface in the house. If she got up on a chair, the monkey jumped her; if she was on the floor; the ferret took his shot. This lasted 6 months until the vet said she needed anti anxiety meds (in the 80's) so the ferret went to a new home.

Fish. 100 gallon tank was home to more fish than I can count. Our oldest was a 24 year old gold fish and 2 suckers that made it to over 15. I always wanted pirhannas, but they were deemed too dangerous? What, after the lion?

There were the others, the small and furries that didn't last long. Bunnies and gerbils, hamsters and wild baby mice I'd find in the yard or nested in cars headed for the crusher. I would keep them until my mom found them and promptly "got rid" of them.

These are just some of my childhood pets. I will try and get the list together for the ones I made sure my children had. Not quite as primal as my childhood friends but every bit as entertaining...

cat

• Like 7

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I have mostly had cats threw out my life, but as a kid we did foster a dog or 2 until we could find them a new loving home which was nice. We also had various fish and I had a bird.

I Currently have one cat, I had 2 up until this Tuesday. My other cat died unexpectedly this Tuesday. He was only 4 and I've never had to watch a pet die in front of me. It was heart breaking. He showed no signs of being sick at all. Then all of a sudden he stopped eating and drinking became unlike his spunky self. I thought he was getting better when he managed to drink some water Tuesday morning when I held the bowl up to him...he purred and seemed happy while I was petting him...and a couple hours later while I was waiting for a ride to bring him to the vet he died. I was devastate and heart broken. Even saying it now makes me tear up. I'm happy that his brother is okay and that I still have him.

I'm sorry to ramble about such sad things or come across as a total idiot for being so saddened about the death of my cat... On to the positive part. I have one very cuddly, fuzzy, adorable, sucky cat. And I love him very much.

No pets, I like them well enough but to me it would be like having kids who I also like well enough but don't have either :) Lots and lots of plants though.

Peace

MG

I have mostly had cats threw out my life' date=' but as a kid we did foster a dog or 2 until we could find them a new loving home which was nice. We also had various fish and I had a bird.

I Currently have one cat, I had 2 up until this Tuesday. My other cat died unexpectedly this Tuesday. He was only 4 and I've never had to watch a pet die in front of me. It was heart breaking. He showed no signs of being sick at all. Then all of a sudden he stopped eating and drinking became unlike his spunky self. I thought he was getting better when he managed to drink some water Tuesday morning when I held the bowl up to him...he purred and seemed happy while I was petting him...and a couple hours later while I was waiting for a ride to bring him to the vet he died. I was devastate and heart broken. Even saying it now makes me tear up. I'm happy that his brother is okay and that I still have him.

I'm sorry to ramble about such sad things or come across as a total idiot for being so saddened about the death of my cat... On to the positive part. I have one very cuddly, fuzzy, adorable, sucky cat. And I love him very much.[/quote]

So sorry for your loss, its very hard to part with a beloved pet but find peace with the fact that you loved your cat and gave it a good life while you had him. Never feel bad for feeling sad or apologize for your feelings they are natural and just show you have compassion, my thoughts are with you.

• Like 1

I have mostly had cats threw out my life' date=' but as a kid we did foster a dog or 2 until we could find them a new loving home which was nice. We also had various fish and I had a bird.

I'm sorry to ramble about such sad things or come across as a total idiot for being so saddened about the death of my cat... On to the positive part. I have one very cuddly, fuzzy, adorable, sucky cat. And I love him very much.[/quote']

Michaela,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss ... I can whole-heartedly sympathize with what you have recently gone through and how deep the hurt settles. My baby Figaro died of cancer at home and it was heart wrenching for me to have to watch her go through that ... I love her so much! What I have found that helps is to talk to your best friend as though they are still around ... and talk often until the pain turns to sadness, turns to sweet tenderness <3

My sympathies, E.

Edited by Elle Diablo
  • Like 4

I love animals! I wish i could take them all home with me! I have always been a pet owner most of my life. From tropical fish, hampsters, golden labrador who is now 8 years old and lives at my parents house, 2 cats who i had to unforche give up to my friend due to very bad allergies. Miss them so much :(. However i do currently own 2 female puppys, 5 and 6 months they are what i like to call my bestfriends and my daughters. Spoiled little things they are. Gorgeous dogs! Pitbull mix breed. I cant wait to become a Veterinarian so i can give back to these furry beings who have given me so much all of my life!

Check them out in these photos.

Can someone help me out i cant seem to get my pictures to post :(

• Like 2

I've had cats, hamster, fish, ferrets, wife and dogs. I don't think there was a time in my life I did not have a pet. Currently I have 3 dogs. 2 mini dachshund and one standard. My eldest is currently 6 and I loved her from the first day I saw her at the pet shop. She is my little miracle dog. When I first got her, she seemed fine but a few days later she wasn't eating and barely playing which was unusual for a puppy. So I brought her to the vet and it turned out she had parbo which is usually fatal in puppy hence that why they get vaccinated against it. According to the owner of the store she had her first shot but had no proof since the document she tried to pass off was clearly for a different dog. The owner of the pet store refused to reimburse any of the thousands of dollars spent on her. She wanted me to return the sick dying dog who would not last another day and she would give me a different dog. I was already in love with this one and beside why would I want to leave it die? I had to take the chance and I'm glad I did cause she survived. Worth every penny spent for the joy she brings me. Never did I buy another pet from a store. My to other I got from different breeders. My second one I got cause I felt bad when she alone so why not get her a friend. Then recently got my third and its so funny to watch them chase each other.

Losing a pet is so hard and to be honest when one dies not to long after I end up getting another which helps me with coping the lost one. Although I miss them from time to time, but I try to remember how happy they were and how spoiled they where and I'm glad I was able to provide the best home I could for them.

• Like 5

ohh, lucky you, such a wonderful, gorgeous and seldom seen breedimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3tu1BzyOcYyRKV3MG7RGGyP7Yf8YfZ7NcgO8uadKUUWTOBKn6 they are also refered to as the Douge De Bordeaux:)

Actually i have 7 of them ( well six and a bullmastiff) I show 2 of them and have done quite well with them They are lovely though even if they are big and slobbery

• Like 4

With recent hot humid weather we've had my little dogs needed to cool off. It's so funny cause I have a plastic kiddy pool and I take the house and start spraying inside the pool to fill it up. My dogs go nuts it's so hilarious the try to bit the stream of water. My littlest one she sits back waiting for the perfect moment to pounce. It's almost as if she is building up the courage to jump in the pool with the water, cause she doesn't normally stay in for more than a few seconds. My other one is crazy she open her mouth almost as if she is a college kid chugging beer and just keeps on bitting thinking she going to get a chunk or something. I should film it and post it on YouTube someday. Although I don't know why dogs do this after they get wet roll around in dirt until they are all muddy. Then I got to put them back in the pool.

• Like 2

I've had my mini schnauzer for almost a year now. Love him so much!

His my first dog on my own.

His the biggest cuddle bug and loves to play. Has become quite the family member and best friend.

Great motivator as his enjoys running with me in the mornings.

It's always great to have someone at home who always welcomes me. It likes the saying goes:

"I aspire to be the person my dog thinks I am"

• Like 4

Big red or I should say big orange cat came home this morning with his face all scratched up and bloody. I think there are some territorial issues going on and he's running the whole neighborhood! My cat's definitely a scrapper! lol.

• Like 1