Asking a client - describe your appearance?

Hello,

I am still new-ish because of my low-volume in Ottawa, I am still learning. I noticed some men find it offensive when I ask them for a general physical description of themselves. It isn't because I am not willing to take someone thin or big, I just like to have some sort of idea who is coming to see me. Is that wrong? I would like to hear/read some feedback from both SP's and also the gentlemen.

On a funnier side of things, I literally had a client who texted me a month ago with a different age (29) and totally different ethnicity. He forgot he messaged me previous and just messaged me yesterday with a different ethnicity (again) and age (35) - maybe the number got recycled but it wasn't a texting app and I thought there was a time buffer for numbers to get recycled for regular numbers. Is it so bad to know what to expect when I open the door?

• Like 3

I don't think it's wrong to ask and I would have no problem providing a general description of myself, after all I have more than a general description of the lady I'm going to meet (assuming they have posted recent photos and have been honest with their own description). However, to avoid creating the impression that you might be screening potential clients based on physical attributes or ethnicity, perhaps wait to ask until after you have completed your screening and accepted them as a client.

• Like 2

When meeting new to me providers I tell them a little about myself: age, height and ethnicity. I've been doing this for a while, just so they have some clue as to who to expect when they open the door.

• Like 2

I dont ever ask for a description.. really the most important thing for me when meeting someone is Respect and hygiene... looks can be deceiving.. age somewhat is important because I dont see guys that are too young.. simply I dont feel comfortable but most young guys let me know ahead of time.. I guess they dont want to be turned back at the door...

• Like 3

Hmm... interesting threat.

I don't mind providing a short description of myself to a provider, in fact, usually the second or third question is generally me asking if she sees black guys. Simple, if not, let's not all waste our time.

So yes, I think it's ok to ask that question, but yes, I can see some men find it offensive. I don't, not in the hobby world.

Maybe you can add, when you ask that question, the reason why you are asking and say that it's just cause you want to know who is going to ring at your door (roughly height, size, age, ethnicity, etc) you should get away with this.

• Like 2

There nothing wrong in asking for a description. Where it get more intrusive is when pictures are required.

I also like to make sure who said they booked me is who shows up at the door, as when I was new and still occaisionally I get guys who contact multiple times and sometimes they are Asian and 36 and then they're Indonesian and 28 and they're trying to play games with both their age and description. I just ask for age and ethnicity/description to get an idea of someone. Also if someone let's me know btw I'm fairly short 5'4 or something since I'm the same height I'll refrain from wearing heels unless asked, or if I'm at a hotel which has a tiny shower that might cause a problem it's helpful to tell the client in advance if he's larger so he can decide if that would be too much trouble for him to deal with that or whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am in total agreement with Charlotte it aids us, as SP’s to accommodate our client , even with just a little background info on appearance , wearing heels, showers, baths, walking a distance etc,, I just word it in Away that is not intrusive 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 10:43 PM, Victoria Phoenix said:

I am in total agreement with Charlotte it aids us, as SP’s to accommodate our client , even with just a little background info on appearance , wearing heels, showers, baths, walking a distance etc,, I just word it in Away that is not intrusive 

That is quite true too, sometimes it can be a long walk through a lobby and to the end of a hall, or if someone gets lost. Letting us know if they have mobility issues or find it painful to walk too far, or they need more time than some to reach our room is something we should consider as well. 

• Thanks 1