VIPfavours an Alternative to Backpage

A good question Angela however I noted that even the Mod was commenting about backpage on one of these threads that have sprung up since the problems have cropped up.

I visit lyla ladies almost exclusively but this backpage challenge is, I think, a great opportunity to expand the lyla membership by having more providers join. Not sure how the potential new members will establish their bona fides. If there is an influx the mod may be kept very busy.

I'm also hoping that lyla can gain some traction across the country. It is very Ottawa centric with a few other active pockets.

As I stated as well in another post ... not everyone has access to Lyla either... ladies that have been suspended for whatever reasons no longer have access to create ads here or any access to their accounts so they are going to need an alternate source. As well as ladies starting out that have no presence here. Building a reputation can be difficult without a consistent source of advertising.

• Like 2

I personally would like to see lyla remain and grow as Canada's site. Lyla is uniquely designed to weed out the untrustworthy and potentiality illegal providers.

As for the point KarmaKiss mentioned that some providers have been banned, well this is true and valid. And for these women and men, they will be in a situation of loosing the safety of community. Without being able to have ANY avenue to advertise safely.....well they may find themselves " walking the avenue" (pardon my dry humor) and for that reason, we need alternate sites as back ups.

BUT ALSO, it would be refreshing to see more activity here! I mean, in the good days on this site....Almost 70% of my bookings came from here and started as a PM.

NOW it's like 1%lyla and was 60%BP and the remaining is repeats and googel search.

We need to grow as an advertising and verification board not just a discussion forum.

Censorship?!?

Now I'm not insinuating 'open the floodgates' nor permitting anything and everything including letting everyone become members but maybe, just maybe, loosening up a little. Also, not permitting harsh or classless reviews but allowing members to openly share some information about the good, the not so good and even some ugly.

Yes PMs can help with some of this, those receiving them, but information is key.

Every member should have the right to make a well informed decision.

• Like 2

Censorship?!?

Now I'm not insinuating 'open the floodgates' nor permitting anything and everything including letting everyone become members but maybe, just maybe, loosening up a little. Also, not permitting harsh or classless reviews but allowing members to openly share some information about the good, the not so good and even some ugly.

Yes PMs can help with some of this, those receiving them, but information is key.

I don't really follow your statements. Sophia made no mention of 'censorship' per se....

There is nothing currently preventing anyone from becoming a member of lyla (aside from previous serious infractions x3). Being a contributing member and remaining a member is virtually entirely dictated by our own posts, statements and on-line actions.

The distinction between 'harsh', 'classless', 'the not so good' and 'the ugly' is a quagmire that this free site likely can't effectively moderate. There are other sites like terb, merb, ter etc. if you need to make a 'well informed decision'. I'm not a member on those boards but I seriously doubt they would assist any decision of mine. I'm not prepared to wade through a mile of shit to admire a rose.

Any censorship we need to worry about is coming from the good ol' US of A.

• Like 5

Censorship?!?

Sigh...ya censorship is a rough one. But even on other sites, its the same. I tried to write my description on leolist today to write about a new massage skill I have picked up, " Marama massage is a facial massage for optimal relaxation" and it wouldnt let me write it, then I tried face...nope not that either.

This site does have a warning section. I think more could be done with that. But to write bad reviews is touchy. On one hand, what YOU might consider a bad experience another may not.

Case in point:

The thread about Legit providers that was in NB ( now its gone) someone made a post about a lady here, and said PM him for the " real" story. Turns out after they spoke one on one about the situation is a misunderstanding on what GF* meant to one another and what safe service meant. He could have ruined her reputation and she would have lost massive income security. all because both had a different version of what they meant. They made up and all is well hahahah.

Another case:

I once made a gent upset when I went to kiss him. It made him very uncomfortable. Then another guy was upset with me for not trying to kiss him lol.

Or Another case:

I worked with a lady years ago. She had a killer body. But her face would not be considered beautiful in a traditional way. He then after the appt, wrote a nasty post about how horrified he was:( That was sad, I mean beauty is shown in many forms. Eye of the beholder right? That post circulated for while and I know it did hurt her income. Meanwhile her regs thought highly of her.

So is that a bad experience or just a disappointing one?

There are big differences in say a bad experience to a disappointing one. So many factors to consider. Bad would be, robbed, intoxicated and belligerent, finding out a child is there, switch and bait, no show. These examples are considered dangerous and people should be warned.

• Like 7

I don't really follow your statements. Sophia made no mention of 'censorship' per se....

There is nothing currently preventing anyone from becoming a member of lyla (aside from previous serious infractions x3). Being a contributing member and remaining a member is virtually entirely dictated by our own posts, statements and on-line actions.

The distinction between 'harsh', 'classless', 'the not so good' and 'the ugly' is a quagmire that this free site likely can't effectively moderate. There are other sites like terb, merb, ter etc. if you need to make a 'well informed decision'. I'm not a member on those boards but I seriously doubt they would assist any decision of mine. I'm not prepared to wade through a mile of shit to admire a rose.

Any censorship we need to worry about is coming from the good ol' US of A.

I'm aware she didn't mention 'censorship', I did.

She did mention how she would like to see Lyla grow, that men and women are being banned and losing the safety of the community (I'm aware this is from what is currently permitted and that every individual is responsible for their actions), that it would be refreshing to see more activity here, how 70% of her business came from here but now it's 1% and that she would like Lyla to not just be a discussion forum. For all of this I, personally, attribute the largest part to the current 'censorship'. You can choose a better word if you'd like.

I clearly stated, "...not insinuating 'open the floodgates' nor permitting anything and everything," but "maybe, just maybe, loosening up a little." so there is no need, "to wade through a mile of shit to admire a rose", as you so put it.

Similar to I cannot speak for everyone, you doubt more information would change any decision of yours but perhaps it would change other's. Perhaps it would help with all things Lady Sophia mentioned. A well informed decision is only attainable with the most amount of information available, not based on what is permitted.

Sigh...ya censorship is a rough one. But even on other sites, its the same. I tried to write my description on leolist today to write about a new massage skill I have picked up, " Marama massage is a facial massage for optimal relaxation" and it wouldnt let me write it, then I tried face...nope not that either.

This site does have a warning section. I think more could be done with that. But to write bad reviews is touchy. On one hand, what YOU might consider a bad experience another may not.

Case in point:

The thread about Legit providers that was in NB ( now its gone) someone made a post about a lady here, and said PM him for the " real" story. Turns out after they spoke one on one about the situation is a misunderstanding on what GF* meant to one another and what safe service meant. He could have ruined her reputation and she would have lost massive income security. all because both had a different version of what they meant. They made up and all is well hahahah.

Another case:

I once made a gent upset when I went to kiss him. It made him very uncomfortable. Then another guy was upset with me for not trying to kiss him lol.

Or Another case:

I worked with a lady years ago. She had a killer body. But her face would not be considered beautiful in a traditional way. He then after the appt, wrote a nasty post about how horrified he was:( That was sad, I mean beauty is shown in many forms. Eye of the beholder right? That post circulated for while and I know it did hurt her income. Meanwhile her regs thought highly of her.

So is that a bad experience or just a disappointing one?

There are big differences in say a bad experience to a disappointing one. So many factors to consider. Bad would be, robbed, intoxicated and belligerent, finding out a child is there, switch and bait, no show. These examples are considered dangerous and people should be warned.

I agree, there is a difference between a bad experience and a disappointing one and there are many factors to consider. Yes, disappointing and bad reviews can potentially hurt a provider's income, but on the flip side it doesn't mean that every punter will enjoy their time with every Provider with a Recommendation.

• Like 2

I'm aware she didn't mention 'censorship', I did.

She did mention how she would like to see Lyla grow, that men and women are being banned and losing the safety of the community (I'm aware this is from what is currently permitted and that every individual is responsible for their actions), that it would be refreshing to see more activity here, how 70% of her business came from here but now it's 1% and that she would like Lyla to not just be a discussion forum. For all of this I, personally, attribute the largest part to the current 'censorship'. You can choose a better word if you'd like.

I clearly stated, "...not insinuating 'open the floodgates' nor permitting anything and everything," but "maybe, just maybe, loosening up a little." so there is no need, "to wade through a mile of shit to admire a rose", as you so put it.

Similar to I cannot speak for everyone, you doubt more information would change any decision of yours but perhaps it would change other's. Perhaps it would help with all things Lady Sophia mentioned. A well informed decision is only attainable with the most amount of information available, not based on what is permitted.

I agree, there is a difference between a bad experience and a disappointing one and there are many factors to consider. Yes, disappointing and bad reviews can potentially hurt a provider's income, but on the flip side it doesn't mean that every punter will enjoy their time with every Provider with a Recommendation.

Fair point....lets say, Sophia has been here since 2010? And in 8 years I have had 4 recos ...even 4 a year...

Would that not indicate something may have changed in my quality? Standards? Something??

Now....we open a whole new subject again!

As Karmakiss posted....come on guys! Start your recos! I get that I have a rather large reco list. But please keep in mind....

1. Lots of recos were lost just before bill c36

2. For whatever reason there has been some computer glitches and when I changed names fron Sophia to miss Sophia......this or that...always Sophia.

And many people say/ think... Ohh well Sophia has tons of reco. I dont need to add... Well yes you do! If we see a gap of 1 year, 6 months. Etc. A new commer may think. Hummm this lady has all these recos but nothing for 8 months??? Maybe something has changed??

• Like 4

I agree even though it may not be true per say....assumptions can be made about ladies when there are gaps....its like having gaps in your resume for instance....what employer is going to hire you with major gaps without questioning why and maybe being reluctant because of those gaps. Flow is good and we need more flow....the more information shared the better! Don't be afraid to speak up and share just because the next person may have a different experience. Everyone is unique some hit it off and some don't. Nothing will ever change that and the ladies here need reco's to keep up their reputations. Look at it like this you are adding to her resume by doing so. So please set the time aside to help these reputable ladies out. As i have said previously its a crucial time right now and every little bit helps. xoxo

• Like 2

I clearly stated, "...not insinuating 'open the floodgates' nor permitting anything and everything," but "maybe, just maybe, loosening up a little."

..... A well informed decision is only attainable with the most amount of information available, not based on what is permitted....

I think we're really on the same page. I do mourn the loss of the days of 'cerb.ca' in the pre-bill C-36 era. I don't believe there are any 'floodgates' to open this site is simply trying to keep its' proverbial nose clean to help discourage interest in it from LE. Maybe with the situation created by the FOSTA/SESTA stuff there is currently an opportunity for lyla to grow and have broader interest across Canada.

I agree that loosening things up a little might help but I just think it would be a big challenge. Posts #26 and #28 by the mod in this thread touch on some of issues:

https://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=253584&page=3

• Like 3

I think we're really on the same page. I do mourn the loss of the days of 'cerb.ca' in the pre-bill C-36 era. I don't believe there are any 'floodgates' to open this site is simply trying to keep its' proverbial nose clean to help discourage interest in it from LE. Maybe with the situation created by the FOSTA/SESTA stuff there is currently an opportunity for lyla to grow and have broader interest across Canada.

I agree that loosening things up a little might help but I just think it would be a big challenge. Posts #26 and #28 by the mod in this thread touch on some of issues:

https://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=253584&page=3

I'm glad we're on the same page.

I wasn't here pre-C-36 but I wish I would have as I'm sure it must have been great. TBH, I feel Lyla is still a great place with the best community and threads that touch on so many topics. I'm not asking for much. All I would like to see loosened up on is members helping each other out. I thought this was one reason why this site was created, let alone how we as people should be in this world...help each other out.

A little over a year ago when I first joined I felt I could share and I like to help. I respected what was permitted and when gentlemen members would post threads seeking info about a Provider who had no info here I would simply post, "Send me a PM." I didn't mind. Other Gents would then post, "Send me one as well. I'm also interested." I didn't mind that either. Later, weeks or a couple months would go by and another member would be interested in info so I would receive a PM about it. Great! I'll help a brother out, NP. I started thinking about why I should have to send and deal with this in PMs so on such threads I started posting links to where they could find info, others would be able to find it as well and I wouldn't be PMed...everyone would be happy. I was in the wrong, this isn't permitted.

Last month on a thread where a fellow member was looking for info about a Provider I posted, "She has a review...somewhere. I can't post what is said." The next day when I attempted to log in I couldn't. I received my second infraction for this and a seven day ban. Now I'm not debating my being banned. I did something that is not permitted BUT I didn't post a link to anywhere, specifically mention another site nor did I say anything negative.

Now I find myself no longer wanting to help fellow members, I can't risk another infraction or I risk permanent ban so I won't be helping out in this any longer and for that I apologize. I like this site too much to risk being banned.

Cheers,

• Like 2

A couple of things on this stuff.

In general, pointing people to external sites is frowned upon, but right now I think it's reasonable to make an exception. BP being shut down is a seriously big deal for people whose livelihoods rely on it. If we want to be any sort of community at all, we probably ought to give a shit about the sex workers who are wondering how the hell they're going to pay the rent at the end of this month now that they can't advertize, and help out as we can.

On what's allowed here and what isn't: this subject has come up many times over the years, but I'm afraid I'm too lazy to dig out the old threads right now. The consensus has always been that we're happy here to avoid the negativity and nastiness that goes with allowing people to say when they've had a bad experience; it often turns out that clients who had a bad experience did so because they were assholes, and sorting out the bad client from the bad provider rapidly becomes tiresome. There are other boards that exist for people who want that, and to be honest I don't see what we'd gain by turning this board into a clone of those.

The general quietness here had a lot to do with C36; we lost a lot of regular posters around that time and many more are still around but mostly don't post any more. There isn't much we can do about that; people will come back eventually. What will really bring people back is interesting and worthwhile threads and conversations about things that inspire people to join in.

On getting banned: I think most of us have managed to mess up and break the rules at some point (my record isn't clean either :) ). From what I've managed to work out, what gets people banned is persistent rule-breaking and refusing to heed the warnings from Mod, not the occasional step over the line.

• Like 9

A couple of things on this stuff.

In general, pointing people to external sites is frowned upon, but right now I think it's reasonable to make an exception. BP being shut down is a seriously big deal for people whose livelihoods rely on it. If we want to be any sort of community at all, we probably ought to give a shit about the sex workers who are wondering how the hell they're going to pay the rent at the end of this month now that they can't advertize, and help out as we can.

On what's allowed here and what isn't: this subject has come up many times over the years, but I'm afraid I'm too lazy to dig out the old threads right now. The consensus has always been that we're happy here to avoid the negativity and nastiness that goes with allowing people to say when they've had a bad experience; it often turns out that clients who had a bad experience did so because they were assholes, and sorting out the bad client from the bad provider rapidly becomes tiresome. There are other boards that exist for people who want that, and to be honest I don't see what we'd gain by turning this board into a clone of those.

The general quietness here had a lot to do with C36; we lost a lot of regular posters around that time and many more are still around but mostly don't post any more. There isn't much we can do about that; people will come back eventually. What will really bring people back is interesting and worthwhile threads and conversations about things that inspire people to join in.

On getting banned: I think most of us have managed to mess up and break the rules at some point (my record isn't clean either :) ). From what I've managed to work out, what gets people banned is persistent rule-breaking and refusing to heed the warnings from Mod, not the occasional step over the line.

Similarly:

Guest ATasteOfEve
Similarly:

I'm glad you've found a site that works for you...I remember being banned TWICE for trivial things. I was innocent since I was new but I was treated like a piece of crap! Why? Because I had the audacity to put something in the shout box twice and too close together so they both showed in the window together. Oh my! Another was when my friend(who I was having sexual relations with at the time, posted a recommendation on Lyla. I was new and he was just trying to help boost my business by telling the truth) Again! I was banned for 30 days and accused of "shilling"! I didn't know what that meant but it sounded a lot like shingles...which is a bad thing. Lol! I for one will try to find sites that don't tie my hands too much.

kingdom99.com is still running as far as I know.

easy to navigate and send receive msgs

• Like 1

Any idea when this site will be back up and running? Each time I've gone on the site, I'm getting errors or site not found.

I know they been facing some hackers, so understand they are trying, but it's been along time down. Thanks

Its pretty obvious you either own or are affiliated this this site. EC and LEOLIST are the current directory sponsors here (they are paying the bills to allow you to advertise here for free as a indie escort/massage provider) that being said trying to steal traffic for your own directory site is not cool. It will be censored at this time (sorry but I do censor directories that come here and spam or false advertise).

• Like 3