The problem with time

Guest st*****ens**ors

Is that you can't adjust the frame rate. The worst experiences drag by in excruciating detail, and the most blissful moments flicker away almost before you've had the chance to fully take them in. In any reasonable universe the reverse would be true. And, of course, you can't scroll back to those best moments to savour them again. Those first kisses, the moments of unexpected hilarity, the sudden and unexpected comfort of the touch of someone with whom you make a connection.

Wishing you all many of those fast-flickering beautiful moments.

Posted via Mobile Device

Remember when we were young ? We were bored and found the days so long . I remember my parents telling me this would change soon and these were the best carefree days.

They certainly were right. In spite of an early rise and go, go , go I never finish my chores or lists.

Funny how 30 -40 years speed up a clock. :icon_smile:

• Like 2

Good point! Funny how right at the age of 31 I felt time slipping away so fast! Now at 41...I cant seem to find enough time in a day. How fast will my next 10 years go:(

Soak it up, enjoy seconds not just days, don't waste time on unnecessary worry on people who want to bring you down! Every moment spent should be in joy and only with people who reflect and compliment the good in you!

• Like 4

Guest st*****ens**ors

I heard about a study on cbc radio that explored memory and the acceleration of time. It suggested that we have a "sample rate" in our experience of the world around us, just as an mp3 samples an audio file, and that the sample rate decreases as we age, which results in the increasing speed with which we perceive the passage of time.

However, the study also suggested that when we encounter the unfamiliar, things outside of our routines, the sample rate slows once more to ensure we don't miss anything important.

That means that curiosity may be the best means of extending our experience of life. People who are eager to try new things, meet new people, travel, and engage new ideas actually get to subjectively experience more time.

So, learn new things, try new things, taste new things, learn languages, develop appreciation for music you didn't think you could like, and above all immerse yourself in the messy, complicated, beautiful, heartbreaking and exhilarating business of being connected to people in meaningful ways, and time expands.

Forgive the rambling post.

Time arrives all the time

And the only true crime

Is how we defile it with worry

For inadequate time

Is the species of time

We encounter whenever we hurry

Piet Hein

Danish mathematician ....

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

The butterfly counts not months but moments,

and has time enough.

~

Time is a wealth of change,

but the clock in its parody makes it mere change and no wealth.

~

Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time

like dew on the tip of a leaf.

- Rabindranath Tagore

~

Guest S****r

I also heard it explained once something like this:

When we were five years old, one year was one-fifth of our entire life.

When we are 40, one year is only one-fortieth of our life,

hence one year feels like much less than it did at age 5.

That really struck me when I heard it and I have never forgotten it. That was probably about one-eighth of my life ago. (or something like that. lol)