Is this a new scam?

I recently met a girl at a club and we were getting along well and there were hints things could elevate beyond the club.

She claimed she didn't have a working cell but she gave me her email address to arrange further meetings at the club and then maybe outside after a couple of meeting at the club.

Within a day or our meeting and my first email to me she started wanting to know when I would be at the club. My schedule didn't allow this and let her know this.

Then Saturday afternoon she said she was at the club until later in the afternoon and could I come. I wasn't able to. The next thing I know she has sent me an email on Sunday evening saying she had driven to Toronto and somewhere on the way back her car broke down and she needed to be towed and needed a taxi back to her home and could I front her, via an Interac e-transfer the money ($200) required to get her car towed etc. I wasn't able to do this and she assured me she would pay me back the next time I saw her. Somehow between Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening she went to Toronto and back as she 'just felt like it'. Hmmm..

I haven't given her any money but is this quite common and isn't she taking a risk that I could drop in to the club and see her there. She has immediate family that could lend her the money from what she told me in our conversations.

Guest *tt**amal**

Don't lend anything you're not prepared to not get back. Do you really think a girl who's pretty much a stranger to you is going to pay you back the money you front her when all you have is an email address for her?

Find a new girl to see at the club as it's pretty clear you're looking like an ���.

Yes, sounds like a scam. If this girl is a dancer, presumably she has any number of girlfriends at the club who know what she can pull in during a night who would be happy to help. It's not nice to say it, but we have to think with our head, and not with our dick...

I have learned the hard way. A couple of red flags here. She seems unscrupulous and is playing you to see how far she can go to achieve her own objectives. Some people in this world try and take advantage of others good nature, trust and naivety. Resist and enjoy the company of someone else.

• Like 1

Interesting - I had a similar experience at a club - but with a different story. I wouldn't be surprised if the same girl! The story was her bank account had been compromised and was frozen so couldn't access any money for an extended period of time. She was looking for $200 to tie her over. She was in Toronto at the time. Did she think I would wire the money with western union or something? Lol. Of course I didn't bite. Definitely a scam. Havent heard from her since...lol. Always have your guard up boys!

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Scam has been around since the dawn of time! Like Nesbot said, "you have to ask?"

I recently met a girl at a club and we were getting along well and there were hints things could elevate beyond the club.

She claimed she didn't have a working cell but she gave me her email address to arrange further meetings at the club and then maybe outside after a couple of meeting at the club.

Within a day or our meeting and my first email to me she started wanting to know when I would be at the club. My schedule didn't allow this and let her know this.

Then Saturday afternoon she said she was at the club until later in the afternoon and could I come. I wasn't able to. The next thing I know she has sent me an email on Sunday evening saying she had driven to Toronto and somewhere on the way back her car broke down and she needed to be towed and needed a taxi back to her home and could I front her, via an Interac e-transfer the money ($200) required to get her car towed etc. I wasn't able to do this and she assured me she would pay me back the next time I saw her. Somehow between Saturday afternoon and Sunday evening she went to Toronto and back as she 'just felt like it'. Hmmm..

I haven't given her any money but is this quite common and isn't she taking a risk that I could drop in to the club and see her there. She has immediate family that could lend her the money from what she told me in our conversations.

Sounds fishy to me. Especially since you do not know her. I would not send her money.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it appears that you've found a dancer that has identified you as a gullible funding unit from which to extract money from by playing to your empathetic good nature. Many SC patrons have had girls run similar scams on them. Don't fall for it; you're being used.

• Like 1

You did the right thing by denying her cash & posting the scenario here to give everyone a heads-up. Good on you. Don't give scammers a break.

You did the right thing by denying her cash & posting the scenario here to give everyone a heads-up. Good on you. Don't give scammers a break.

Things have gone quiet with any communication from her. She probably got the message that I wasn't going to 'lend' her any money.

yeah, she'd drop you at the first sign you wouldn't play along.

i suppose she was hoping you'd have shown up during those times she alerted you about her schedule and when that didn't happen, went to her plan b. if she was anywhere near a car or toronto i'd be very surprised.

and no one that age doesn't have a cel phone. maybe can't afford to pay the bill, but she's got one