I make a lot of weird shit. I've been asking around, and some of the dancers I know have shown some interest in a new, lighter dance wallet to wear on their wrist or ankle.

Design and material choice (a kind of Tyvek-like material) is going well, but I need some help from the community. I plan to make several prints on the outside, but one will simply have a list of different slang terms for money.

If you can add to this list, please contribute.

arm and a leg

bank

beer tokens

big ones

bills

biscuits

bling

bones

brass

bread

bucks

cabbage

cha ching

cheddar

clams

credits

do re mi

dollars

dosh

dough

doubloons

ducats

filthy lucre

florins

folding stuff

fundage

silver & gold

gravy

groats

guilders

jack

jingle

juice

large

lettuce

loot

mint

moolah

money

monkey

paper

peanuts

pesos

pounds

quid

roses

scratch

shekels

skins

shrapnel

simoleons

smackers

spondulix

stacks

stash

throw down

ton

wad

wedge

woot

yards

yen

Guest *Ste***cque**

Munch? Glam? Cuffs? Bars? Actually, I just made those up but why not? :)

I send a card to customers with "Thank You" in a number of languages including English, French, Spanish, etc. and it seems to be appreciated. Have you thought about using "thanks" instead of money slang? Just a thought. Feel free to ignore it. I'm more old school and not really into the hipster thing vis-à-vis slang words.

Deposit

Fill

If I saw that sort of directness back in the day, I would have contributed more lol

Edited by Hukupp
Addition
  • Like 1

Funny, this reminded me of how I was just chatting with my partner about what the Canadian equivalent of "it's all about the Benjamins" expression would be... "it's all about the Sir Robert Bordens" lol

• Like 1

Funny, this reminded me of how I was just chatting with my partner about what the Canadian equivalent of "it's all about the Benjamins" expression would be... "it's all about the Sir Robert Bordens" lol

I was thinking the exact same thing with that phrase ! Lol Or the Queen or Sir John A. Mac Donald. All about the Bordens. Lol

Here is another Canadian slang word for money...sawbuck for a $10 bill and of course for one hundred a c note.

• Like 2

The price of 15$ tax in sounds reasonable especially for a product with a high quality graphic. Maybe two straps would be better if the wallet is designed to be worn in a vertical direction and flat. I guess one is sufficient if worn horizontally to the ground but this might be an issue if the wrist is very small. Another option it to be able to fold it to be smaller when worn. This configuration would make it square in size but perhaps to bulky if stuffed with twenties. Good luck.

Edited by Reddog01
spelling - typo
  • Like 1

I've actually played around with a folding design. The real problem is that our new money doesn't like to be folded, especially in a lightweight material.

Folding might not work but rolling yes: what's that thing that curl up onto itself when both sides are not pried apart?

Tip

Propina

Pourboire

Crown

Bullion

Ore

• Like 1

FYI ...

This is a paper mockup of the first attempt at a design. Shown is the basic structure without any velcro straps.

On the dance wallet, the white velcro goes over the large DONATION line across the equator and you wouldn't see that.

There will be 6 metal grommets at the stress points. The 2 at the top corners will help keep the flap in position.

The top flap folds under, and is held in place quite securely.

I'm not crazy about that font. I have thousands to choose from in my studio, so I'm sure I can find one that is more appropriate.

The material is white, but can be printed on. I won't print on the back because it would not be seen and would eventually just wear off. I'm working on other patterns, but wanted to start with this one. The colours shown should be gold and red with black outlines.

I may try to put a high res pic of a CDN $100 in the background. Maybe a $1 Canadian Tire bill. Maybe Monopoly money.

wallet01.jpg

• Like 1

A little update on the project.

I might have to hand the wordy model off to a more professional graphic artist to have some fun with the design. The following pic shows a new direction, but with the same basic design. CT money used to show scale. This shows paper mockups in the envelope style. Dancer wallets will have velcro across the middle. The top flap says DONATION, but is hidden when tucked in.

wallet02.jpg

Yes. That's a Canadian $4 bill from 1902.

• Like 2

Not another word for money - but it can earn it: I borrowed this from Manluvsex' post on the Silly Lady Parts Slang thread:

Mermaid's Purse

It appeals to me!

and I don't suggest anything 'fishy' in this.....

Another update.

I got the prints and am in production now with the $100 bill variant.

I can't believe how well they came out.

I was showing the paper mockups to some girls at the club and they wanted me to give them those (which I did). Really good feedback.

There are more pictures and information through the link in my signature.

There is a wearable version and a cheaper one without the velcro that you can carry around or leave in your entryway/boudoir/wherever for its intended purpose.