Any Pho lover's here ?

Pho Bo Ga La.

The original one on the side street in Ottawa.

November 2009. Had a date with a guy there.

I've tried some all over the world...this one is the best. EAch time I go to Ottawa, I go there:)

• Like 4

I went to my first Ottawa Pho site. No idea what it was called or where it was located--I think by the market, friends took me and I just followed along. No questions asked, I just went along for the adventure. It was absolutely dee-lish!

• Like 1

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I love pho, yum yum yummy!! ^_^ It's so filling and delicious. I have a handful of places I go to enjoy it. Most being on somerset. I find that the place you have your "pho cherry" popped is usually the place you enjoy going the most. Well from my experience and talking to others, that seems to be the case. The place I had my cherry popped changed owners and cooks. As a result the broth of the pho along with many other dishes changed. Sad to say I no longer go there. It's just not as good.

The good news, I've found several different places to replace it! ^_^ I like trying new pho places though, there are so many to choose from!

All this talking about Pho has made my week long Pho craving even worse..drool

Guest Cr**gCa***ng

Yup...love it too. Had many varieties in several establishments and it"s all been good. Can't put my finger on which one is the best though but I like a couple places on Somerset Street and Wellington Street. Be careful about adding too much hot sauce though as it is hot!

I have the luck of working at VIP and I get to eat delicious pho at least once a week si vd we are on top of a pho restaurant hehe... their soup is really good... favourite #20 with BBQ pork.. yummi i am feeling hungry now lol

• Like 2

I worked in "china town" or little Vietnam for 15 years. My favorite place was a on Booth St in the basement of a building. Looked sketchy but the kitchen was the cleanest in the area. I would clean out all their hood fans. It was New Me Fung. Loved the shedder pork with vermicelli. The spring rolls were fantastic as well

• Like 1

I love love love it!!! Funny we both started a food thread almost same time hahaha,

Yes I would suggest if in Fredericton NB, to get Pho at a placed called Saigon Noodles! Fresh, yummy and well Pho!

• Like 1

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

uuuuhhhhhhhh...*ddrrooooool*

That looks so good >.< I'm stuffed, but I think I could find room for some pho!! Now I really have to get my pho on soon, I've been craving it for 2 weeks!!

One of my favorite Pho place is Kanata Noodle House on Hazeldean. They are reasonably priced you get a good portion and the broth is really good. When i go for pho I always request and extra plate of rare beef on the side, then squeeze a bunch of lime juice on it and add salt and pepper and eat it just like that.

• Like 1

Doesn't this look :

combination-pho-extra.jpg

I told you that extra large was big lol :

pgc20.jpg

another yummy picture :

6585677551_fb6c112f85.jpg

Hummmm, this looks absolutely delicious!

Although I'm not vegetarian (I love meat!), I much prefer my Pho without meat, fish or seafood and always go for the one with tons of veggies instead.

Healthy and soooooo tasty!

Went to a new Pho place in Orleans called Pho 2015. It's been a while since I had pho so I order a large which in most places is equivalent to a Medium in other places. But this one was equivalent to a extra large. It was huge and plenty of meat. Broth was good and plenty of noodles and condiments. I like to add the hot sauce to the broth. Clears my head :). It was very good and tasty.

I like the one in Kanata. I've been to another one and I was turned off by the service. I should check out the one in Orleans sometime. It's been awhile since I had Vietnamese.

Any new Pho recommendations?

What ingredients do you like to add to your soup?

I usually order the one with every type of meat in it?

then I add the hot peppers and a lot of hot sauce.

I like mine really spicy.

Do you add a some hoisin sauce or chillie sauce to each bite of meat and noodle before you put it in your mouth.

And do you Slurp?

I know when you eat Ramen noodles, that you are suppose to slurp. Not sure if the same goes for Pho.

• Like 1

Any new Pho recommendations?

What ingredients do you like to add to your soup?

I usually order the one with every type of meat in it?

then I add the hot peppers and a lot of hot sauce.

I like mine really spicy.

Do you add a some hoisin sauce or chillie sauce to each bite of meat and noodle before you put it in your mouth.

And do you Slurp?

I know when you eat Ramen noodles, that you are suppose to slurp. Not sure if the same goes for Pho.

For me slurping is required and hot sauce on top before turning everything over. Pho is comfort food for me and it doesn't matter what toppings, it's the soup or broth that makes or breaks the dish.

My favourite place is Big Bowl in Mississauga.

• Like 1

There's a place in Bells corners called "I cook Pho you" and its hilarious and so friggin delicious!! i could live on pho.

Pho in this town is all pretty much overpriced dish water these days.

Way too trendy and too many places always changing hands.

Well I don't consider myself a Pho connoisseur but I just recently enjoyed some excellent, spicy soups at the Kanata Noodle House. I'll be returning for sure. I really enjoyed the meals and the price was quite reasonable in my opinion. The location I visited is the one on Carling Ave., the location of the last few 'Cerb' socials when it was under a different management.

• Like 2