Not been in over 20 years. Was tempted a while back but I have read many stories that concern me. Any recent feedback?

I've been going there off and on for years now and have never experienced anything negative or dangerous. Then again, I typically only frequent stripclubs during the daytime on weekdays. During the day time people are not usually there to "party", and having less customers and less dancers just makes everything a lot more relaxed. I prefer the more laid back atmosphere of daytime over the loud, drunken "party" atmosphere of nights.

Nights is a very different scene and atmosphere in strip clubs, and one I don't find particularly enjoyable...particularly Friday and Saturday nights. There have been infrequent incidents of violence during these times at pretty much every stripclub (or nightclubs period) in the city, not just Taboo. You crowd a bunch of drunk guys into a room together, toss in a healthy dose of T & A and testosterone, and you're just asking for trouble.

Long story short, I don't think it's any more or less dangerous then any other club in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, just depends on when you go and what kind of atmosphere you're looking for.

That's just based on my experiences there. Others may have have different insight.

• Like 1

I went there years ago, and it was at night, it was dead.

Not many attractive women. Went to the CR and was the worse experience ever. She had major body odour.

Ever since I've discovered this site, it's very rare I go to strip clubs.

A few years back there was an incident in the early hours of the morning. It is not at the same level of decor etc as Pigalle across the street - more plywood, less finished drywall lol

If you go during the day or early evening it is ok. Mileage is best in the afternoon.

I went there years ago, and it was at night, it was dead.

Not many attractive women. Went to the CR and was the worse experience ever. She had major body odour.

Ever since I've discovered this site, it's very rare I go to strip clubs.

While an experience like this can be off putting, I don't think you can judge what a club is like today based on a single visit years ago and a single experience in the CR.

It's a rough bar with dancers, there's no candy coating the place. Is it safe? Ya, probably as long as you aren't stupid and as long as nothing happens that night, but it's basically a rough bar.

I guess it was just a natural migration to the MP's. The services may be the same, but c'mon a cramped booth, no where to wash-up. Figure in the drinks, the $20 dances, it can be more expensive. Totally unhygienic. Yes I agree this place is not the classiest. The strip clubs are disappearing not only in Ottawa but other cities too. Eventually there will be one or two left for those who like that scene or tourists.

It's the same as any other club/strip club . There is trouble if you want it ! Don't be foolish , don't attract attention unless you are tough/dumb enough to think you can handle it . Don't go in all flashy ( expensive jewelry , showing your roll , talking up all your toys ) it will bring an element t to gravitate towards you . There are cases were ladies work in conjunction with guys . She she will check you out , give the signal , and than you get unwanted company .

LIke I said this happens everywhere . Just be smart , enjoy yourself , and respect the ladies . Now get out there and enjoy yourself .

• Like 1

I guess it was just a natural migration to the MP's. The services may be the same, but c'mon a cramped booth, no where to wash-up. Figure in the drinks, the $20 dances, it can be more expensive. Totally unhygienic. Yes I agree this place is not the classiest. The strip clubs are disappearing not only in Ottawa but other cities too. Eventually there will be one or two left for those who like that scene or tourists.

Great analysis of taboo and SC's in general. In the last 10-15 years Club 61, Pink Panther, Jason's, Silver Dollar and the place out in Carlsbad Springs have all closed in the area and I don't remember any opening. That should let you know the state of the industry.

Daytimes at Taboo are a bit of a free for all with most girls providing some extra privacy screens.

This isn't the place where the cream of the crop girls head to.