I'd posted a similar thread a while ago in the Ebony Ladies social group.

I think it is completely unfair and hideously out of date.

I'd like to think that the reason for it is to protect the jobs of the few white girls who are willing to dance because all the sexy black girls are stealing their jobs ... but I'm sure that isn't true.

I have no solution for you, and wish it didn't exist. My preference is for the darker skinned ladies anyway, but I don't think that is 'colouring' my views here.

I'm sure this will get passed up the chain and you'll be marked as a troublemaker, just for thinking of yourself as a person.

It is a disgrace.

I stand in solidarity with my black sisters. You know who you are.

• Like 2

I'd posted a similar thread a while ago in the Ebony Ladies social group.

I think it is completely unfair and hideously out of date.

I'd like to think that the reason for it is to protect the jobs of the few white girls who are willing to dance because all the sexy black girls are stealing their jobs ... but I'm sure that isn't true.

I have no solution for you, and wish it didn't exist. My preference is for the darker skinned ladies anyway, but I don't think that is 'colouring' my views here.

I'm sure this will get passed up the chain and you'll be marked as a troublemaker, just for thinking of yourself as a person.

It is a disgrace.

I stand in solidarity with my black sisters. You know you are.

Thanks for your input "Kilt Boy". It should be fair. They should have a handful of blacks with a handful of whites or make it equal ratios. I think every guy has his own preferences and some don't even see colour as a factor. How does the club decide what their patrons will like when we all don't like the same things? The idea that they think "white males" only like "white females" is so dumb. Because I could personally tell you how many "white males" have crowned me as their goddess. I don't see colour, I think we're all beautiful people. Plus, most people come to a club to have what they don't have at home. Example, I've noticed most black men will come for a white dancer. Ugh I hate referring to people as colours.

• Like 5

Sometimes a purple guy just gots to see dem orange titties.

Yeah. It still sounds racist.

I have several systems that could sort it all out, but it would still have rules.

Every system has rules. They just need to be a bit more evenly applied. It's been ages since I've seen an Asian girl performing. Do they have their own rules?

• Like 2

Definitely not cool. I'd think if there wasn't enough demand for a certain type (shape, size, colour, height, tattoos, whatever) it would work itself out as girls won't want to work where there's not enough demand.

It is understandably upsetting for you :-(

• Like 1

I think this is a horrible rule, I am a white guy and I love ebony woman! They are the best. I can never see them too much. It is time for some people to get with the times, We are all people on the inside!

• Like 1

I have been at the playmate where their are more black girls than white girls at times. Why are their very little Asians their, accept on the rare occasion. I was told that personality of the dancer weighs heavily these days as they don't want to lose customers. The playmate has short, tall, fat, busty, not so busty, Hispanic, coloured, and white girls.

I'm disappointed and saddened that this rule exists. Thanks for telling us about it, Chrissy. I hadn't heard of that before.

• Like 4

It's unfortunate that clubs choose to put in place a hard and fast rule. However, I think I understand what they might be trying to do. They are probably trying to ensure that there's somebody available for every preference. It's nice to go to a club when there's women of every colour, a range of "thickness" and a good selection of boob sizes. That way, there's a girl for pretty much every guy's taste.

That being said, when I go to a club, I usually am looking for the 24 year-old real blonde with big natural boobs, and I prefer that she not be too thin. It's quite rare that I see somebody like that, and I most often find a couple of nice black girls (with big boobs) and sometimes a white girl with big boobs to dance for me. It's rare that I would ever go with an asian because there are few with really good boobs.

The hard and fast rule limiting black girls is disappointing, but I suspect that club managers are only trying to appeal to the largest swath of guys rather than trying to persecute a particular group of girls.

Chrissy thanks for starting this thread. I have to admit it saddened and disturbed me to find out that a rule like this exists and that club owners have some rationalization for using it.

It is simply wrong.

To cheer myself up I put on Bruce Cockburn's 'Free to Be':

Got no social graces

Never known my place

But there's one thing I am sure of

You can't judge a person by their race

Birth doesn't come easy

Freedom doesn't come cheap

Rules and worlds get washed away while you waste your time in sleep.....

I wonder why they have this rule. How does the owner know what the clientele may be looking for on a particular day. Seems to me the owner is possibly hurting his own business. Would it be because there are too many dancers out there that want to dance at a certain club? I think if you ask most men, they don't really care if there are a lot of dancers. In fact I view that as a good thing. The more the better, as that means there is more choice for me.

I love the black ladies! Especially those of the Haitian, Jamaican and Ethiopian persuasions seem to be the most laid back and friendly. Why go there other to have some laid back and friendly relaxation! Not to mention some fine muscle tone...And yes Playmate often provides that

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

This is really sad and disgraceful, I'm sorry to hear that this goes on. You are entitled to earn a living, and yet this sort of discrimination prevents it.

I couldn't imagine routinely showing up to my nine-to-five job and being told to go home because a colour quota has already been met regardless of what I may contribute.

It's unfortunate that clubs choose to put in place a hard and fast rule. However, I think I understand what they might be trying to do. They are probably trying to ensure that there's somebody available for every preference.

Hah. It's nice of you to give the clubs the benefit of the doubt, but the ones that place a quota on black dancers (who, you may notice, they also never put on stage one after the other if at all avoidable) do it for the same reason they ban rap and wearing hats. They think that letting too many black dancers work will result in too many black patrons, who they tend to equate with gangs.

Many club managers (not just in Ottawa) are quite shortsighted in terms of the dancers they allow on their rosters. Case in point: the black dancer quota. Many clubs also don't allow dancers over a certain size to work at night. It's not about having variety so much as having dancers that fit their view of what customers like.

• Like 6

Hah. It's nice of you to give the clubs the benefit of the doubt, but the ones that place a quota on black dancers (who, you may notice, they also never put on stage one after the other if at all avoidable) do it for the same reason they ban rap and wearing hats. They think that letting too many black dancers work will result in too many black patrons, who they tend to equate with gangs.

Many club managers (not just in Ottawa) are quite shortsighted in terms of the dancers they allow on their rosters. Case in point: the black dancer quota. Many clubs also don't allow dancers over a certain size to work at night. It's not about having variety so much as having dancers that fit their view of what customers like.

Wow, that's terrible if they're just trying to discourage black guys from going to their club. For the record, my experience in seeing gangsters in clubs usually involves occasionally seeing a guy or two wearing colours from a well known motorcycle club. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than the few black guys who are hardcore gangsta's.

what happened thursday night at Barbarellas Is an example of why the club put a cap of ladies ... A dancer attacked another one with pepperspray and the cops were involved ....

A lot of customers even dancers are not aware of what really goes on sometimes. It Is sad to see some ladies working very hard only to give their money away to some "controling guy " or to beat up another dancer who is doing better than them

I know i just opened a can of worm but someone had to say it . Sometimes the money you spend on a dancer only to be given away. Choose wisely who you spend it on , if you see the girl is so desperate, you won't help by spending on them

We are talking about creating an association to support younger dancers to stay away from those "scams" and to stay on the right track while being a dancer. I didn't wanted to sound negative , but just to expose a sad reality that unfortunately is very present

I'm in disgrace reading about this, here I was reading the headline "Black girl rule" and I thought it was a positive thing like black girl do rule, they are gorgeous, sexy, smart and sensual.

I do not totally agree about gangs at SC, I have never really seen those there. I'm part of a motorcycle "club" and I don't go around clubs looking for trouble. Sure I don't like having someone piss me off but who does? And I don't go and break another guys legs because he looked at my girl the wrong way.

So to end my discussion black girls rule, the positive way. Let them dance if they want to.

• Like 4

what happened thursday night at Barbarellas Is an example of why the club put a cap of ladies ... A dancer attacked another one with pepperspray and the cops were involved ....

A lot of customers even dancers are not aware of what really goes on sometimes. It Is sad to see some ladies working very hard only to give their money away to some "controling guy " or to beat up another dancer who is doing better than them

For the record, I've seen plenty of white dancers with pimps and many black dancers without. Putting a quota on black dancers doesn't solve that problem.

Unfortunately there's not much the club can do about it -- especially since there are many dancers don't even realize (or perhaps simply don't want to realize) that their man is a pimp.

• Like 8

I'm not a dancer, but putting a cap on black dancers doesn't solve the problem you mentioned. Not in the slightest.

Dancers fight. That's an unavoidable fact of stripclubs.

I know i just opened a can of worm but someone had to say it . Sometimes the money you spend on a dancer only to be given away. Choose wisely who you spend it on , if you see the girl is so desperate, you won't help by spending on them

We are talking about creating an association to support younger dancers to stay away from those "scams" and to stay on the right track while being a dancer. I didn't wanted to sound negative , but just to expose a sad reality that unfortunately is very present

Ugh, I certainly hope that was very awkwardly and poorly expressed rather than blatant racism; equating pimps and violence to women of colour.

What the OP says is true, I once had trouble meeting up with my preferred dancer, who happened to be black, at a club and she explained she was having trouble getting shifts because they already had too many black girls at my preferred club.

It's sad and ignorant that this practice continues.

@cgnex: I don't think Megan said anything about women of colour in her post. I read it as a general comment about limiting the number of dancers but that being said the thread is about a limit on the number of ebony ladies.

I'm with Notch on this one - for me, Black Girls Rule in all the best ways!

I acknowledged that it could have been awkwardly expressed in my first sentence.

On the other hand, the thread title and discussion are very clearly focused on black girl cap and the arguments relating to violence and pimps have nothing to do with either but are more commonly associated with racial stereotypes.

As I said, hopefully it's just a misdirected tangent.

• Like 1