Sign in to follow this  

Let's help out Queen Street!

Our dear friend Megan (www.meganmack.ca) just posted in her blog a great article about how much Queen Street businesses are hurting from the construction. For those of you who don't follow her blog, the original article is at http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/egan-the-price-of-lrt-the-royal-mess-that-is-queen-street

From here on, I'm going to make a point of eating at Dana's Indian Cuisine and Friend's Coffee Company as often as I can. If these guys can just get a little more help, they can probably survive till the construction's over, and then with the 150 celebrations they should be fine.

We're part of the Queen Street community, let's pitch in and help!

• Like 9

Our dear friend Megan (www.meganmack.ca) just posted in her blog a great article about how much Queen Street businesses are hurting from the construction. For those of you who don't follow her blog, the original article is at http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/egan-the-price-of-lrt-the-royal-mess-that-is-queen-street

From here on, I'm going to make a point of eating at Dana's Indian Cuisine and Friend's Coffee Company as often as I can. If these guys can just get a little more help, they can probably survive till the construction's over, and then with the 150 celebrations they should be fine.

We're part of the Queen Street community, let's pitch in and help!

The city has a bad habit of long term construction projects that frequently bankrupts businesses. I remember Bank Street business going bankrupt after year after year of construction. I think Rideau street businesses must also be feeling the pain as well.

35 stores on Rideau have legal claims for compensation from the city of Ottawa.

Findings from the investigations were released today. The cause: Light Rail digging.

• Like 2

35 stores on Rideau have legal claims for compensation from the city of Ottawa.

Findings from the investigations were released today. The cause: Light Rail digging.

I have a feeling the city will say, they are not responsible. Sorry no money for any businesses. I noticed another hole on Rideau street a few weeks ago. Looks like the sink hole has come back.