Photos uploaded to cerb are sideways...?

Q: My photos show correctly on my PC/MAC & SMARTPHONE/TABLET but when I upload them to lyla.com they turn sideways??

A: Actually they are not sideways at all ... how that works is that newer cameras and smart phones have sensors that tell it what way is up when taking a photo.... so when you take the photo with the camera turned sideways or upside down the image is actually is stored sideways or upside down but the camera stores the orientation of the camera in what is known as the meta data of the image.

Your PC reads the EXIF metadata and displays the photo based on the orientation given in the meta data. The lyla.com website does not have the ability to read and rotate images based on the meta data (Our photo system was made years before this technology came out) so your image would show here the way it is RAW from your camera image as the website does not read each photos meta data (So it displays the way it would be printed).

Here is a better explanation then what I can do:

http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/exif-orientation.html

and this software can assist you

http://www.irfanview.com/

Also our CLASSIFIED AD system is newer software then the photo albums here and it does have the ability to ROTATE photos. You can UPLOAD the photos to your classified ad and rotate them.

Irfanview is a great program and best of all it is free. Learning curve is not all that bad and it is quite powerful in features.

• Like 1