I just saw Alex Grenayit's post about Summer. I am shocked and stunned. Can someone provide details about what happened?

Details are sparse, but the gist of it is the community lost a great person, a good friend and an outstanding human being to a sudden brain aneurysm.

I will post more details as I learn them but please, anyone else with info do so as well.

• Like 3

Guest *rb*n C*wb*y
Can someone provide details about what happened?

I will post more details as I learn them but please, anyone else with info do so as well.

Perhaps Alex Grenyait did not share details because details weren't meant to be shared. An inquisition and rumour mill by forum members seems extremely out of place, and dare I say, disrespectful to the deceased.

Agreed.

It is difficult to balance the demands we all have for privacy and the desire to mourn someone that we had become close to in the context of this "hobby". I don't like the word hobby, just a personal preference but you get my point. Summer was very generous with her time and we got to know each other quite well. I will miss her and I hope she didn't suffer.

I will be making a donation on her behalf to Power and raising a glass of wine in her memory.

Good night my dear

Toper

• Like 9

Please don't ask or expect details, her family and loved ones deserve to grieve privately. I trust that as a community we will respect Miss Summer's loved ones and our memories of her by honouring her contributions of genuine care and compassion to our community as a whole and not seeking out information that shouldn't be posted online...

cat

• Like 8

I guess I should have been more specific. Summer was a good friend, Alex knew that, she asked me if the original post was in the correct area or if I had an idea of a more appropriate posting location. I understand the need for privacy as well as dare I say anyone. I also know that Summer's family will need some help, but without this aspect of her chosen professions becoming publicized and posted this hoping someone would have an idea as to how that can be accomplished.

• Like 1

I am hoping the mod or one of Summers close friends can post on her thread of her passing so people don't phone, or remove her personal thread please.

• Like 1

Perhaps Alex Grenyait did not share details because details weren't meant to be shared. An inquisition and rumour mill by forum members seems extremely out of place, and dare I say, disrespectful to the deceased.

I think you jumped, no pole vaulted, to a conclusion that was not fair to my original post. An "inquisition"? If "details weren't meant to be shared" then that could have been stated. I have seen Summer a number of times, though it had been a while, and truly cared about her. We communicated often. I was stunned when I saw the original post and was reaching out to find out what happened out of that caring.

I guess I should have been more specific. Summer was a good friend, Alex knew that, she asked me if the original post was in the correct area or if I had an idea of a more appropriate posting location. I understand the need for privacy as well as dare I say anyone. I also know that Summer's family will need some help, but without this aspect of her chosen professions becoming publicized and posted this hoping someone would have an idea as to how that can be accomplished.

Alex posted a link to a GoFundMe page. I believe it is possible to donate anonymously by using a Visa gift credit card, it's not traceable AFAIK.

I think details can be left to her friends and the ones that knew her.

Edited by blowinsmoke
typo
  • Like 1

There was an article in yesterday's Ottawa Citizen written by Kelly Egan. It tells of her tragic passing and the family she left behind. It appears that she worked very hard to support her family and that she clearly put their best interests and well being first. A tragedy for sure. I hope people will consider contributing to the gofundme campaign set up in her honor.

• Like 5