This is a question for the hobbyists, and likewise clients.

So, I boast that I am the type of SP who provides comfort from both ends: Yours, and Mine. That being said, I do so because not only do I not like lingerie, but I don't like sitting around all day in something that is making me uncomfortable. Using this to my advantage, I opted for hosting in a tshirt and sexy panties, which seemed to really be working for in the whole "Girl next door" type of vibe which is exactly what I am (Depends where you lived really lol), and wanted.

My question comes now, do you care if your SP's are wearing makeup? I've had clients set up plans with me, confirm times and then cancel or ask for a discount because I wasn't wearing make up.

I've been feeling extremely beautiful lately, and with summer right around the corner I try to avoid make up as much as possible due to my sensitive skin mixing with the UV rays and all the other bad stuff in summer.

I've attached some photos to this thread, I think I look great, but again.

The question is: Do you care if your SP's have make up on, does it make a difference if they boast a very relaxed, been friends for a while type setting?

---

5AWXRTo.jpg

235rXCy.jpg

---

All input is welcomed and deemed important.

• Like 4

Hi Melanie, I think you are gorgeous, do you really need makeup? For me not really, maybe a little bit of lipstick and eye shadow is nice but not necessary.

PS. I also like the look of the T-shirt and panties look for the summer time.

• Like 2

I think you look great without makeup and do look like a 'sexy girl next door' casual attitude. Don't need a tidy place but do like it clean.

Some guys do like makeup, maybe just for hiding a blemish to give an illusion of what they think of as 'perfect skin'. Some guys prefer lots of makeup either for a glamorous or perhaps even a slutty look. Some guys really get excited for certain outfits while other prefer naked. If don't mind the extra time to ask people what they like in advance then go for it or just do your own thing at your pleasure and surprise your visitors...my two cents

• Like 3

Thank you so much to you both. It's definitely a preference for me most days to not wear make up. As I mentioned, sensitive skin so if I do even two days with light make up I break out and then I actually HAVE to cover it with make up.

Vicious cycle.

I love the girl next door look... natural beauty is where it's at, for me anyway. I not a big fan of too much make-up etc.. After all, why try to improve on perfection?

• Like 3

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Very pretty photos Melanie! (and as I've said before I love your gorgeous smile!)

I've never been much of a fan of make up, I prefer a natural look anyway, so maybe I'm not the best to comment on the make up side of things.

As for your t-shirt-and-panties GND look though, wow, that sounds great to me!!!

I'm happy either way, as I tend to appreciate variety. Mostly I want someone to be comfortable and confident. For some ladies that will mean make-up and I can appreciate that; for others it will be the natural look and that is also fun!

But frankly I think that our opinions are all besides the point.

Whatever you do, you'll have some guys telling you that's great and some making a fuss. If you wear more make-up you'll no doubt then have just as many guys who criticize you for that. So don't stress about trying to turn yourself into something that will please every guy because there is no such magic formula and you'll just make yourself stressed trying.

Instead, do what makes you most comfortable and happy. Whatever your style you'll attract the clients that are drawn to that style. Seems easier and happier for everyone!

(As an aside, since I assume you aren't promising to the guys who ask for a discount due to no make up that you were going to wear it, I suspect they are just jerks looking to find a reason to save a buck and rip you off. If it hadn't been the make-up they probably would have found some other excuse to ask for a discount.)

• Like 6

Hmm, I think we are glossing over an important point here.

The question isn't whether or not you look good with or without makeup, nor is it about what the majority of clients prefer. The question is, are you advertising wearing makeup or not?

If you are advertising photos wearing makeup, then you should strive to deliver what you are advertising.

If you are advertising photos without makeup, then you should strive to deliver what you are advertising.

This doesn't apply to all situations, some providers don't post face pics for example, and this way there are no expectations.

At the end of the day, what you are advertising to us is what we believe we are getting. I think you look fine without makeup, as many women do, if you are advertising without makeup and some guys are getting upset about that, then they really aren't worth your time.

I have personally encountered a mature 40-50 year old sp in the past that chose to heavily apply makeup in her ad and then showed up with none of it on. Of course her advertised age also matched the makeup she had applied at the time, rather than her actual face, needless to say I did not repeat.

• Like 2

This is tricky because on the one hand theres personal preference and on the other there's business advice.

I think you look great without make-up. I think that you being comfortable is the key to good service which is the key to repeat clients and good business. I think the girl next door look is a great fit for your style and I think a lot of people, myself included, will be a fan of it.

On the other hand, sometimes people choose providers for a touch of glamour and that something exquisite that is out of the ordinary. I'm thinking MsManda here, just an experience that is not going to be like what a person can have in their personal life. So some people will go for exquisite courtesan experience, which is great.

If I were you I'd (a) Do whatever makes me comfortable. (b) if you're comfortable with either I'd offer different experiences to the clients. Msmanda does this and it's amazing. SO you could offer, girl next door, girlfriend, alt look, pin-up style etc etc. That way you could assure that the client will be happy AND a client who experiences Melanie as a pin up might want to revise for the girl next door experience and so on.

Again though, your comfort is the key :)

• Like 3

Some good points made there Melanie - by Brad and Taffer. The ads do raise an expectation on the part of the reader. When I read what you write your personality shines through but I'm not sure what you write will always override the visual. As Brad said, to thine own self be true and you will win over hearts and minds.