I invested in some single burner butane stoves and a few boxes of army rations a while ago.

Army Rations?!

Just buy some boxes of KD and a couple tins of canned tuna or chicken. :-)

Butane Stove, great idea.

My winter setup is 2 rechargable led flashlights. 2 regular AAA led flashlights. Propane single burner. Propane radiant heater with a 30lb tank. Normal pantry of pasta, rice and canned food and several 10l jugs of water for toilet and drinking.

I can keep the house above zero and warm the bedroom right up, enough meals for the family for 3-4 day's and enough light for same 3-4 days.

• Like 1

Army Rations?!

Just buy some boxes of KD and a couple tins of canned tuna or chicken. :-)

Butane Stove, great idea.

My winter setup is 2 rechargable led flashlights. 2 regular AAA led flashlights. Propane single burner. Propane radiant heater with a 30lb tank. Normal pantry of pasta, rice and canned food and several 10l jugs of water for toilet and drinking.

I can keep the house above zero and warm the bedroom right up, enough meals for the family for 3-4 day's and enough light for same 3-4 days.

Yup Army rations. A posted shelf life of 5 years but you can push it to 10 if stored correctly. There is a common misconception that they are bad. They actually are pretty good and come with a variety of meal choices. They are also mega calorie providers, which in a scenario where we would be consuming them would be most necessary.

You could probably classify me a pepper. I have an extensive set up. I have food, water, security and medical covered. My SO thinks im a bit over prepared but should the time come that its all needed we will all be glad its there and ready. I hope I never have to use any of it.

Yup Army rations. A posted shelf life of 5 years but you can push it to 10 if stored correctly. There is a common misconception that they are bad. They actually are pretty good and come with a variety of meal choices. They are also mega calorie providers, which in a scenario where we would be consuming them would be most necessary.

You could probably classify me a pepper. I have an extensive set up. I have food, water, security and medical covered. My SO thinks im a bit over prepared but should the time come that its all needed we will all be glad its there and ready. I hope I never have to use any of it.

We can never be too prepared. Good idea

HS. My elderly mother was without power in CB from Thursday afternoon until around 6 this evening. A long time when you are not prepared.

• Like 1

Having survived both Juan and White Juan, I keep a small generator and some gas around as a just in case measure. Food for a few weeks is a simple matter of a few extra cans of soup at the grocery store every time you shop. (Buy 3 instead of 2 and store one. Buying the same thing that you already eat means that its not a diet change for you either. After a month you have an extra weeks worth of food. )

Water, now that's a biggie. I'm close to a lake and can use lake water for flushing if I had to. Drinking water requires a couple of cases of bottled water and a long-term filtration system on hand to sustain.