We may have a new way of advertising guys...But...we haven't changed.

Are there others here who seem to be having an issue with a bunch of enquires who suddenly think we somehow have changed our screening methods, services, rates?

I am being flooded with all kinds of odd situations. Its been crazy! Could it actually be a case of a whole bunch of peoplel who never ever booked a massage or a date? I cant see how that would be...

Is it a case that some men think we are scrambeling and desperate so we will " do anything" ?

I am sure our lyla men are hopefully well informed about how we remain consistant...but, looking for input from other ladies if they too are experiencing stranger then usual.

God I hope these growing pains dont last long!

Thanks for any input :/

• Like 7

Omg..well glad to hear its not just me. I started to wonder if I was under some kind of spell over here. Lol.

I was about to plan a tour soon and now not too sure about that:/

Its so important ladies that we dont feel like we have to bend in ways that we never did before. I mean, stay steadfast till these growing pains go away!

Sigh....

• Like 2

I've noticed an increase in the number of new inquiries from guys who I've declined in the past. They forget they've inquired before and I've declined them. One begged me to see him. I felt then we weren't compatible and my instincts told me to again decline him. He went ballistic so my gut was correct. Another was someone who accused me of being a cop because of my screening. All I asked was for his number first, then I would give him mine. Said he's wanted to see me for years then looses it because "no one around here does it this way". Told him I've been doing it this way for years with no complaints. So I suspect he's tried to book me previously and has been declined. I stopped advertising my phone number for a number of reasons, and find this works for me and legit guys have no issues.

So, the tire kickers, address collectors and time wasters are still out there trying their game. I think they think because it's a different site we are now green again. So complain away guys, it confirms my suspicion of you when you do.

• Like 5

So, the tire kickers, address collectors and time wasters are still out there trying their game. I think they think because it's a different site we are now green again. So complain away guys, it confirms my suspicion of you when you do.

I sincerely wish you ladies didn't have to deal with this BS.... thank god you're all very smart about it.

• Like 3

I feel like I'm just coming into the middle of a conversation....

Can someone please fill me in a little about what are you talking about?

What's your new way of advertising?

Have a look at the multiple threads involving the seizure/shut down of backpage they're too many to link but you'll easily see them.

I've noticed an increase in the number of new inquiries from guys who I've declined in the past. They forget they've inquired before and I've declined them. One begged me to see him. I felt then we weren't compatible and my instincts told me to again decline him. He went ballistic so my gut was correct. Another was someone who accused me of being a cop because of my screening. All I asked was for his number first, then I would give him mine. Said he's wanted to see me for years then looses it because "no one around here does it this way". Told him I've been doing it this way for years with no complaints. So I suspect he's tried to book me previously and has been declined. I stopped advertising my phone number for a number of reasons, and find this works for me and legit guys have no issues.

well let's hope these growing pains will disappear soon! I am getting flodded with

" so how does this work"

" what happens in a massage"

and sudden cancellations after they get my location. Suddenly no one knows what hours they work and all the tires are going flat!! bhahahahha.

• Like 2

I notice also a big anger rudeness increase people not reading ad...I think in last few days I had over 6 inquiries for hh outcall which I don't event do outcall anymore and the min was 2hrs then

• Like 4

I have a protocol clearly written black bold print to please refer to me by my name and not Babe, cause we are 3 here and I dont which babe your refering too lmao....still evey enquiry starts. . hey babe. Hahaha....ohhh boy!

I am just so confused, why is it like we entered a time twilight zone with these ads?

• Like 1

I could be wrong (I was, once) but I'm guessing this behavior is related to the migration of backpage clients to alternate platforms.

I've always been irritated by the many lyla members (who should know better) continually asking about this or that backpage ad ((and in the majority of cases - they should learn to do their homework - having the fake ad identified)) on lyla while there is no shortage of well reviewed ladies who are on lyla. I understand that it has been a challenge for many providers with the demise of backpage but I'm still hopeful that the net result will be better. In the transition period things may be tough. Backpage was a dominant and continent wide service for both ladies and clients alike. I wish lyla could grow to this (I appreciate positivity) yet understand reality.

Additional Comments:

This link is from the thread about backpage posted by TorontoMelanieJoliet and it is the simplest, clearest and most compelling statement about sex worker's rights. I'm going out to buy a red umbrella and work to do more.

• Like 4

I notice a lot of cattiness on sites between girls and seem to attack me as well I just hope ladies work on their mailing list clients stop targeting other i received a text this morning that I believe 98% been a woman been insulted I don't book text app and that it's great I retire ... think about it ....

Just received a pm with no pst no info telling he will past because I asked which number he texted me and if it was a fake number I don't reply back ...Something is in air no one act like this as if you are legitimate read that I don't take fake numbers you would have contacted and asked me if they were options especially pm no name no number nothing

• Like 1

I've had so many texts in the last week that I started taking my phone number off ads. Mostly all from other places then Montreal. I started blocking numbers that just say rates or something stupid or rude. Seriously I've had hundreds of requests with only a few serious ones. Many late night calls and texts as well.Thank God I turn my phone off or down.

• Like 4

I agree ladies,total nightmare.My daughter actually read a thread on social media stating that now Bp is down some dangerous ppl are coming out.Not sure how correct this is,but we need to all be safe.I thank all my regular gents for getting us through the rough patches.

• Like 3

I notice a lot of cattiness on sites between girls and seem to attack me as well I just hope ladies work on their mailing list clients stop targeting other i received a text this morning that I believe 98% been a woman been insulted I don't book text app and that it's great I retire ... think about it ....

Just received a pm with no pst no info telling he will past because I asked which number he texted me and if it was a fake number I don't reply back ...Something is in air no one act like this as if you are legitimate read that I don't take fake numbers you would have contacted and asked me if they were options especially pm no name no number nothing

I notice your in my area. If you need me to check my phone for numbers, I have a huge list of numbers...wink:)

I save all WOT and such...PM me any time or txt.

Well after yesterday I feel that some members here on lyla may apply the rule of if you haven't something nice to say don't say anything on the site but not by text either by text app I personally will no longer tolerate it.Abuse bullying either.If you are planning to contact me and be disrespectful and rude be prepare to be listed

I will no longer reply to any texts apps as it always end up with insults so if you really wish to use a fake number I suggest you contact me here via pm introduce yourself and provide 2refs.I will no longer answer pm that has zero info

Taking advantage of the current situation doesn't make you a good person it's not because some sites has shut down that it make okay to disregard someone policies and expect she will have no choice than say yes

I would have love to say that it's only non members that does this but unfortunately it's not the case

VJ

• Like 1

Truly bizarre!

It's like everything is reset back to the Wild West frontier.

My thinking is that some guys and competitors see it as an opportunity to re-write the rules now. With the absence of a large marketplace like BP, everything is up for grabs like a free trade zone.

Feel free to poke holes - I'm just scratching my head trying to figure out the psychology.

• Like 3

Realized that I repeated myself from another thread...

Edited by Hukupp
Realization

Lovely.... haha, I've taken a break to focus on my end of term studies. Seems like I will be jumping into a new ball game (no pun intended).... when I start advertising in two weeks.

Thanks for the heads up

• Like 2

You are not alone. It has been a very odd time for me as well.

These times come and go. The difficult times make us appreciate the amazing times that much more!

I have never blacklisted so many people inquiring before.

Just very aggressive lately. Makes me wonder what is in the water.. Lol

Best wishes.. oxox

• Like 3

My thinking is that some guys and competitors see it as an opportunity to re-write the rules now. With the absence of a large marketplace like BP, everything is up for grabs like a free trade zone.

I think that's exactly what's happening. The problem clients are working on the assumption that because BP is gone, providers will be desperate for cash and the old rules no longer apply.

We can only hope that they remain disappointed. Stay safe, ladies.

• Like 3

Came across a CBC article:

Canadian sex worker says new U.S. trafficking laws are a risk to her safety

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/the-current-for-april-18-2018-1.4623673/canadian-sex-worker-says-new-u-s-trafficking-laws-are-a-risk-to-her-safety-1.4624546

Wild Wild West Marketplace

The disappearance of BP has removed a stabilizing influence - I never saw that coming what with all the fakes and schemers. Yet, despite my incredulity, that seems to be the case - while also revealing a harsh reality.

The above article is based on an interview with Sex Worker Jelena Vermilion on the shutdown of BP. The article quotes Jelena:

"... she's heard from sex workers in her network who are now "considering walking the streets...." "

• Like 3