So, it's come to my attention that quite a few ladies shave, wax, or even laser off body hair. This will be a multi part question. My first question is, do most women even naturally grow hair that is of the thicker/coarser variety? I feel as though I've been fed a slightly false ideal of what women naturally look like, and most of the women I've met seem to opt for completely smooth everywhere.

For some reason my brain can't process the idea of coarse hair appearing anywhere other than a woman's pubic and armpit areas, I'd honestly be okay with trimmed hair in those areas, but anywhere else really goes against the ingrained idea of femininity in my mind. Do unshaven women typically have coarse hair anywhere other than those 2 areas?

The second part of the question is, what do ladies like on a man? I'm willing to admit that I am a hairier than usual specimen, coarse dark hair covers about 90+% of me, including areas that are often hair free in most men (back, shoulders etc). I keep it trimmed to a specific length, not too short or it'd be prickly, and I've yet to hear complaints, but I would guess sp's also have some incentives to be more accepting of it.

Full body shaving to me would be a real annoyance, and I have quite a bit of sympathy for women in that regard, who seem to be under fire with expectations to remove hair. There does seem to be a trend for men these days to shave as well though, so I guess some women must be into it.

I don't think I'd ever endure ongoing pain in the name of hairlessness, and I wouldn't expect it of a partner either, whether it be razor burn, waxing burn, or laser burn. It'd definitely need to either be an electric foil razor or the pain free laser techniques if I were to ever consider it. I don't think i'd ever laser anything though, I'd be worried that the majority of women still prefer a man with body hair. Interested to hear the thoughts of the community on this topic.

• Like 1

Pretty dead topic, did I write something offensive? Or perhaps this topic has already been covered? To add to my view on this, I've discovered something interesting about my preferences for leg hair on women. It's not the feel of it that grosses me out (although smooth legs do feel better than hairy ones, I'd take slightly hairy over rough stubble), it's the look of the hair, and the color.

I've seen blonds with hairy legs, and it doesn't bother me at all, but the same hair length on a dark haired woman honestly turns my stomach. I think it has something to do with the perceived cleanliness of light hair vs dark. This makes me question how some women might perceive my own body hair, as I said I keep it trimmed to 1/3 of an inch, but it is all over me and it's very dark brown.

I would have thought this might be an interesting topic, but I probably missed something here that would account for the crickets chirping :D

• Like 1

I'll chime in and say that it's a trend. On women back in the 70's and part of the 80's it was normal to see a bush down below and it actually turned me on to see it.

For a man I find it different if you are hairy like that way you are there is not much you can do about it and I think you found a way accept it and that is fine.

I personally prefer to keep my genital area shaved. As for other parts of my body I don't have that much hair growing, I could even tell you that I only shave my face 2-3 times a week, because that's how slow it grows on me.

The trend of hairy genitals on women is coming back slowly but it is coming back.

• Like 3

Hmm, I'm not sure it's a trend so much as the means are now available to quickly remove body hair. I have to resist the temptation to buy into the idea that it's a double standard that women need to shave while men don't.

Sure, technically women are far more often expected to shave their legs than men are, but if men started to let their facial and other body hair grow into a forest, I'm pretty sure the "body hair is natural" movement would be dropped rather quickly.

What really gets me is the level of pain and potential embarrassment many women and even some men go through for hair removal. I had no idea that they routinely do brazilian waxes at spas for example. The irony that licensed massage therapists aren't allowed to go anywhere near the genitals, but having unlicensed spa workers ripping hair off your junk is all well and good :p As someone who's into bdsm that sounds like a potentially fun time to me, and could just as easily be sexualized as a massage can be.

• Like 1

As a lady with hair anywhere ,well only on the head lol, I can assure you wax is not painful after the first few time,actually electrolysis is more painful.

I know the younger ladies are more and more au natural but if I do not mind hairy men I find ladies parts more of my taste with no hair.

Shaving is not nice either as it is prickly. Waxing leave the growth still soft in between session.

And I do it for me,I find the feeling of skin on skin with lots of lub really sensual...

The only male body part that I enjoy bare is ,hum,my english fails me,the balls? What's the real word? If those are not bare I won't go near...

As a lady with hair anywhere ,well only on the head lol, I can assure you wax is not painful after the first few time,actually electrolysis is more painful.

I know the younger ladies are more and more au natural but if I do not mind hairy men I find ladies parts more of my taste with no hair.

Shaving is not nice either as it is prickly. Waxing leave the growth still soft in between session.

And I do it for me,I find the feeling of skin on skin with lots of lub really sensual...

The only male body part that I enjoy bare is ,hum,my english fails me,the balls? What's the real word? If those are not bare I won't go near...

Yes they are called "balls" in english, although the scientific term for them is "testicles". I've only ever trimmed the hair on any part of my body up until now, normally to 1/4 of an inch or slightly more, any shorter and it would be prickly. I have had providers giving my balls some attention in the past, but ball play has never really been a priority for me, so I haven't bothered to ask what they think of trimmed vs shaved.

I remember one time I let it grow out into something resembling a full bush, and the comment I got from a provider was "wow you are very hairy...but that's okay". Of course the look on her face said "trim your damn balls dude", so I've kept them trimmed ever since :D

A couple days ago I decided to try shaving my balls, and I've had mixed/poor results at best. I use a foil shaver cause there's no way in hell I'm getting a razor near that area. Even so I still manage to cut myself with the Philips Bodygroom trimmer, and I noticed that pulling things taught retracts the stubble into the skin. Not to mention it grows back all prickly by next morning. The cuts don't hurt all that much but the irrational fear/shock factor of not knowing when they are going to occur makes shaving a chore, I suppose waxing won't be any better in that regard :p

I'm thinking waxing is the only way to go for full smooth. I don't think I'll be doing it often but I could take care of my back and shoulder hair at the same time. According to online polls women are even more against shoulder/back hair than they are against ball hair. I can understand why you avoid unshaven balls, hair on my tongue makes me gag :p

• Like 1

And the thing with waxing is that it grows back less and less and weaker,that's why it doesn't hurt anymore after a while.

I admit a long while but the visit to my estetican is pampering time so a treat...I am almost done everywhere and it will feel strange not to go see her anymore,she became a friend after seeing hr every 3-4 weeks.

She is my ''essential services'' lol

Agreed, I've never nicked myself down south either, with a razor. I have on occasion cut myself with an electric razor, so I only use razor blades now.

Interestingly and coincidentally, I found this to be true in that I tend to nick myself more by using an electric razor than an ordinary one. One thing I have noticed is that with an electric razor, you tend to press harder to get closer to the skin resulting in more nicks. Another thing is that I normally use shaving foam if and when I use an ordinary razor and not with an electric one.

• Like 1