It's better for condoms because there aren't supposed to be any oils or chemicals that can break down the latex.

Who uses it? Is it as slippery/effective as other oils and lubricants? Does it last as long?

Yes, this is market research.

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

I've had occasion to try a few and found they are much easier for cleanup, but don't last as long. I've just recently heard about hybrid silicone/water products (one was called, I think, Sliquid), which are supposed to give you the best of both worlds, but I haven't tried it.

It's better for condoms because there aren't supposed to be any oils or chemicals that can break down the latex.

Who uses it? Is it as slippery/effective as other oils and lubricants? Does it last as long?

Yes, this is market research.

Water-based lubricant is more universal, and is safe with condoms and toys alike, including silicon. The quality of the lube really depends on the brand, in my opinion. My favourite water-based lubes are Fuck Water, Swiss Navy, Blossom Organics, and Sliquid. I've had great luck with Slippery Stuff as well. Hybrids are also nice, and apparently compatible with condoms.

Cheap water-based lubes will basically vanish before your eyes. A good quality one will last as you need it to, however. I've never had an issue with a quality water-based lube :)

Cheers!

Lilith xo

• Like 4

Fuck Water.

I'm just assuming it is water-based. All I know is that an absolutely spectacular Lyla lady used some with me...... excuse me while I drift off into sweet recollections....

Okay. I may have been overly optimistic about this idea. While my idea, science, and chemistry are sound, this product needs medical testing to be approved in any way. That's not cheap. Oh, well.

• Like 1

As far as cheap and incredibly effective, I've heard tell of an interesting product called "J-lube", but if your not up for putting weird chemicals in your body, you could also try Xanthan gum (not for the ladies who don't want yeast infections!).

Aside from the aforementioned risk of yeast infections, xanthan is great for guys using fleshlights and what not. Probably safe for anal stuff as well, but I'm not sure on that, hasn't caused any problems for me up the butt ;). Anyways, it's incredibly cheap and slicker/better than just about anything you could buy pre made for water based, though jlube is probably still slightly slicker.

As far as what to use with the ladies I pretty much just grab whatever is dirt cheap with a decent rating, in case of an "emergency"/outcall where she forgot to bring some. Most women can create their own lubrication and those who can't probably have a lube preference/supply already. As well some ladies may only use organic lubes or they may have a bad reaction to some of the ingredients. Easier just to let them specify. What's your intended purpose op?

For xanthan lube you just buy some xanthan powder, and some liquid glycerin. Then mix a teaspoon of powder with enough glycerin to make a gloopy paste. Then toss it in a blender with some warm water and voila, you've got yourself some Superlube . Can't leave it sitting around for long unless you add a preservative to it though, I typically use a bit of isopropyl alcohol in the mix but some guys use salt, or a bit of vinegar, or parabens if you don't care about going the natural route.

• Like 4

Thanks Taffer. I'm trying to make a universal product as close to all-natural as I can. I don't want to add glycerine or alcohol and certainly no parabens. It's a tall order because of the difficulties in production. I'm looking at using hydroxyethylcellulose (wood pulp) for bulk. No oils, no fragrances.

There may need to be adjustments with additional ingredients to keep the pH at the right level. I'm trying to keep it around 3.8-4.5 (the same as a healthy vagina).

• Like 3

The best ever lub already exist: any of the Pjur family of lubs is great,I prefer the silicon base but the water based one is good too.

They have some more liquid for massage ,a whole range of lub.

They never get sticky like the cheap one ,yes they are expensive but the best discovery I ever got from the hobby.

When i am alone and want to help me for sleep for my afternoon nap I just need my Pjur lub and it is bliss...

I love a product called Sutil made by Hathor of Vancouver. Odorless, tasteless and you only need a small amount. Never gets sticky and lasts well.

Ingredients

Aqua, Propanediol *botanical source), Hyaluronic Acid (botanical source), Nelumbo Nucifera Root extract (lotus root), Oat Beta Glucan, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Citric acid.

Sutil

Luxurious water based botanical body glide light, discreet and long lasting with lotus root and oat beta Glucan. Parade free, glycerin free eco ingredients.

http://www.sutillube.com/#mobileNav

"If my genitals had a superhero uniform, it would be a coat of Sutil"

• Like 3

Ingredients

...Oat Beta Glucan,

Sutil

Luxurious water based botanical body glide light, discreet and long lasting with lotus root and oat beta Glucan. Parade free, glycerin free eco ingredients.

So, not recommended to be ingested for those who are diabetic?

I always joke that it is great that my lub is edible ,I'd just rather not know the calorie count...

As far as cheap and incredibly effective, I've heard tell of an interesting product called "J-lube".

I looked into that. I know it is used a lot as a cheap alternative because it comes in a powder form and you can mix it up as you need it, but the idea that it is marketed FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY as a bovine lubricant kind of puts me off.

Okay. I've made up several different thicknesses, and settled on two that seem to do the job. Multiple jobs, actually. Following is a list of uses that it is good for:

-personal lubricant

-shaving intimate areas

-hipster beard shaving gel for visibility

-hair gel

-moisturizer

-heel cream

-makeup remover

-massage gel (nearly nuru, that will be a new/different product)

-put on your wetsuit/latex garment/tight vinyl boots easier

Please feel free to add your own.

I'm reminded of that old SNL skit for 'Shimmer'.

"It's a floor wax! It's a dessert topping!"

unguent.jpg

I've added just a touch of blue colour to make it look more professional.