Ottawa-Gatineau strip bars still rock!!

I have travelled far and wide in the U.S. and Canada and always make an effort to check out tbe local "establishments". For those many reasons as outlined by Mr H &K, I have told many people ( who don't always believe me): Ottawa has the best strip clubs!

• Like 4

Agree with a lot of what H and K says. My two favorite clubs are Pigales in Gatineau and Cleopatra in Montreal. Yes, Cleo is pretty hit and miss, but I've had many great experiences there and at $10 a song it's a lot easier to just try someone out in the VIP on a whim.

• Like 2

Yes I agree Cleopatra is one bar I always visit when I visit Montreal. This is the one strip bar I have visited the longest since 1992 (for 25 years). I would say Barbarellas, Barefax, Playmates all in Ottawa and Cleopatra in Montreal are my favorite bars, It is the best bar in Montreal and very cost effective but it is only one bar and even in this bar dancers keep their panties on in the Champagne rooms though kissing is allowed and yes it is only $10 per song. Evening dancers are better quality in terms of looks and youth and class but still no match for the ladies we have here in Ottawa at Barbarellas, Barefax, Pigale and NuDen. I would say Cleopatra is in many ways is similar to Playmates in Ottawa in terms of quality of ladies and bar class and location and dancers' friendliness but at half price and more ladies. So if you like Playmates then you love Cleopatra.

• Like 1

I haven't travelled far and wide, but of the places I've been and checked out the clubs, I must admit, I always prefer the clubs in Ottawa!

We are really lucky.

• Like 1

Thanks for the hard work in both cities. I'm a bit surprised you do not mention Chez Parée on Stanley street, where one would expect to find many reasons to be satisfied.

• Like 2

Guest pagypie

i always found mtl busier, better selection...but more of a business/hustle

ottawa's best are just as good except will talk to you as if youre a person and not an atm machine

Thanks for the hard work in both cities. I'm a bit surprised you do not mention Chez Parée on Stanley street, where one would expect to find many reasons to be satisfied.

Thanks Josh for the comment. This thread is meant to be about Ottawa strip bars rather than Montreal and the aim is to raise awareness for reasons of appreciation of our own bars and dancers in Ottawa and reward the bars who are still able to attract quality dancers (like Barbarellas, Barefax, NuDen, Pigale, Playmates) and also go out there and support our high quality, friendly beautiful dancers so that we can keep our dancers and even attract more and reverse the recent trend of bars closing and quality dancers quitting because of lack of business.

That said, I have been to Chez Parée as recently as well (and between 1991 to 1999 as well when $6 table dances existed I was frequent visitor) and find it to be like club Downtown a few blocks away. That is one has to pay at entrance and when sited as well, and also rules pretty strict for private dances with no panties coming off in the Champagne rooms and no kissing allowed. The quantity of dancers is great however, in my view again no match for quality of dancers when compared to Barbarellas, Barefax and NuDen in Ottawa and same goes for quality of Champagne room dances in Ottawa. I also found ladies at Chez Parée more business oriented than Ottawa bars.

• Like 2

I probably should also add that Ottawa does kick ass when it comes to strip clubs especially compared to Toronto and Mississauga. Those clubs are really expensive compared to Ottawa. Much better in Ottawa.

To the orignal poster you may want to try going off the island to Laval. Les Deesses and Pink Paradise are nice and more laid back than downtown Montreal.

• Like 2

And we have confirmation! I was looking up something else on Yelp, and came across this.

"Coming from the US for a business trip in Ottawa. I have to say Barefax is the best strip club I've been to. All of my previous experience has been in the US. The girls are a lot more friendly, not pushy at all. They're more beautiful as well. The only place in the US that has equivalent quality of girls is Vegas. What's more, you're free to touch.

Maybe the locals are used to it, but coming from outside, I definitely had an excellent experience. The price is normal, no cover (for hotel stayers) is a def plus."

Congratulations, ladies, you're the best!! (But all of us locals already knew that)

• Like 4