Thoughts on ads with misleading "end dates"

Hi community- thought I would post and get your thoughts on this...

There are times I see ads for providers that highlight "last day/week/night", "only here for two nights", etc...

But then, you see the ads continue to post beyond that original end date.

I recently was communicating with an SP about a visit, but she was apparently leaving on Monday... I couldn't get a schedule to work before that, so thought I missed the opportunity... however, the following days and weeks, this SP continues to post local availability.

So instead of now being excited she is here and available when I thought I missed out, I find myself thinking... hhhmmm why did you deceive me about leaving when it was totally unnecessary.

I see similar posts and examples of this often and am curious to hobbyist and SP take on this type of ad.

I don't believe there is any ill intent, but it makes me think twice about booking with an SP that misleads in this manner.

Thoughts??

• Like 2

Personally, it isn't a tactic that I would use but I could see the benefits of another SP using it. Makes an SP stand out, you have a certain window to obtain a date with this beautiful woman. I have friends who are locals using that, they say it helps bring in clientele.

It's just what MelBun said.....it's a tactic.

A poor marketing tactic, at least; but it works on some people.

Most girls announce they are leaving, and actually are leaving. The more you get to know who is who and where they are from, you will be able to tell the real "leaving soon announcements" vs those that are just trying to drum up business (and in turn, lose it).

Other times a girl may actually have planned to leave town on said day, but circumstances change and they end up leaving on another date - it happens too. :)

• Like 3

So, that's what I was thinking Melanie, but then I think... why?

You get that 1 or 2 one time clients by misleading and saying you are leaving town...

But potentially closing the door on a repeat client who isn't trying to rush someone about to leave town.

It's similar for ads with "New..." I read those and think... cmon girl, you have been posting since I discovered this hobby in 2012...

This lifestyle is already anxious and cautious... any sign of misleading people, understanding no significant harm is intended, gives me an additional cause to pause.

• Like 1

I see your point of view, but let me try and place you into the shoes of an SP.

She may be really low on funds, needed for whatever personal reason she needs them. That two day window is her deadline as well, so, even though you may be a repeat or a regular after your first visit, if it doesn't align with her deadline, you're unfortunately at no use to her. Especially if in panic.

Not always the case, just a helpful scenario I think to try and sway your mind from thinking negatively.

You get that 1 or 2 one time clients by misleading and saying you are leaving town...

But potentially closing the door on a repeat client who isn't trying to rush someone about to leave town.

That's thing - take notice of who uses the "new to town" or "new" headlines (when, in reality, they are neither) - most likely the same type who uses the misleading leaving announcements.

These are more of the less professional/fly-by-night types. They are not really interested in building clientele (or even pleasing the ones they get) - they need calls.....NOW. They are not really looking a few months down the road. lol

It's only a matter of time this type of SP's runs out of potential, dare I say, "victims", and tries a new tactic...or have to end up leaving town to try the "leaving soon" tactic elsewhere.

Ironic, eh? :p

• Like 2

It's dishonest, but as Melanie says sometimes desperation can prevent people from thinking straight/considering other options. There is no excuse for dishonesty, but there are plenty of justifications.

Putting myself in an sp's shoes I'd probably have a list of other things to try before misleading people. Temporarily offering a special rate, getting a secondary job to supplement income, taking out a loan.

Plenty of other valid options that would bring in more $ without turning people off, but some people choose to justify dishonesty because they believe the world owes them something, that they deserve a better lot in life and they're willing to do anything to get it.

• Like 3

It's very dishonest and makes me not want to trust the SP. But it is no more dishonest than Sears who regurlarly advertise time sensitive sales only to have a different time sensitive deal the very next week. And how used car dealers advertise time sensitive deals that have been there for months.

• Like 1

Bottom line is to do your homework...

If touring, I will often give a deadline such as "2 days before leaving"and extend my stay if I need to.

I will also advertise as new in town if I am, like recently, in Toronto.

Am I a less reliable sp for those reasons?

If I would have advice on this, it s to take the time to ask her where she s from, and check serious and reliable sites as this one to make sure she is telling the truth.

Booking with a service provider is a process, and scams are often easy to detect with a couple of questions...

Please, do not put all eggs in the same basket, as it s often the genuine sp that ends up paying for it.

*kisses*

Bottom line is to do your homework...

If touring, I will often give a deadline such as "2 days before leaving"and extend my stay if I need to.

I will also advertise as new in town if I am, like recently, in Toronto.

Am I a less reliable sp for those reasons?

If I would have advice on this, it s to take the time to ask her where she s from, and check serious and reliable sites as this one to make sure she is telling the truth.

Booking with a service provider is a process, and scams are often easy to detect with a couple of questions...

Please, do not put all eggs in the same basket, as it s often the genuine sp that ends up paying for it.

*kisses*

I don't think any of us are putting everyone who says "Leaving soon" in the same basket. As far as whether or not you are a less reliable sp I guess that depends on what your intentions are. It sounds like your intentions are not to mislead people, so I don't see any problem with that.

In contrast, if you choose visit an area knowing that your aren't going to meet a deadline, and choose to be dishonest about your leaving date, that's when it starts to become a problem.

Established providers aren't really the target of this thread from what I've seen though. We are really discussing a select few backpage providers that have no rep, have no intention of developing a rep, and post that they are "leaving soon" while continuing to work an area for a month or 2.

These are often the same types of providers that will post fake photos, and find a new set of fake photos when their bad rep starts to catch up with them.

• Like 1

So, I got caught up reading this thread and all I have to say is "wow" lol its kind of an ignorant marketing tactic . Now I'm not and SP, rather an MA. We point blank both advertise to aim the same thing- clients. And at that, returning clients.

In my opinion, there's other ways to respectfully attract the many discerning gentlemen aiming for a good time ;)