How do sp's use twitter to advertise

I have never been much of a social media type but twitter seems to be a thing now.

Please could you ladies explain how twitter is used for promoting business ?

Do you find it is good for business ?

Is there a network of Ottawa providers to join ?

How do clients search for providers ? Like do they just type in something like #ottawaeroticmassage ??

Do clients need a twitter account to search and find you ?

Last but definitely not least ... what are the privacy ramifications for using twitter social media for my adult business ?

For example what if I have a legitimate part time job or family that doesn't know or even my landlord ?

Maybe I don't understand ... but with twitter can't anyone post your tweets/link to your twitter account anywhere all over the internet ??

How do you control your exposure ?

I heard you can change your setting to private or something but then doesn't that defeat the purpose of potential clients finding you ?

Thank you in advance for your replies and patience. I am a social media retard ! lol

I suggest you set up a "business only" twitter page. Don't use your personal one. From what I have seen, most providers do not at all connect their personal pages to their work ones, for privacy, etc.

If you want to grow your business or advertise, start following other providers you know and they will likely follow you back. Retweet their posts sometimes and others will re-tweet yours sometimes to their followers. When someone follows you, follow them back. Over time you will see your list of followers grow.

If you connect yourself to others in the Ottawa area, clients will find you. This can happen by re-tweets or by checking lists of followers. If a potential client follows you, following back is probably a good idea (although not all providers do this).

From my perspective, the key to attracting and keeping potential clients is to post regularly, particularly pics and video. If you post interesting stuff, potential clients will keep following you. Be sure to present yourself well at all times. Don't worry about having high end professionally done photos. A few are nice but in some ways a good selfie is of higher interest to potential clients.

Posting a new pic or vid or anything interesting or funny does have a way of keeping you in the front of our minds. One way to think about it is: Who would you rather book, the lady who posts new and interesting stuff on a regular basis or the one who never updates her page or has been reusing the same pics for two years?

I almost never take a chance on a new person anymore unless I follow her on twitter first. It's partly to see her pics and video but I also get a sense of her personality and the way she runs her business. TBH, twitter convinces me not to visit people more than it convinces me to visit people. The good thing is I never have bad sessions anymore because with twitter I can get a pretty good idea of who will provide a good experience and who won't without taking any chances.

There are also some providers who don't use twitter so much to advertise, it's more just to keep in contact with their existing clients. They might keep their accounts private and only accept people they know as followers. In this case they just use twitter to let their clients know when they are available and to stay in touch with their clients in between meetings.

• Like 3

What itd131 said.

On the privacy angle: best to assume that anything you post there is completely public, just like your website is, and limit things accordingly.

• Like 1