BP ads, now with pictures for details and FB/Insta/Snap links...

The more information, references and links, the easier the research. And if something doesn't stick, avoid her.

I see it as a good thing.

You can't find words by searching or googling if they are part of an image. I guess this would be more discreet. I suspect this has something to do with it. Not sure if there are other reasons, or if they are legit providers though. I have't bothered to follow any of the links.

Well... I went and got an answer to my own question, from one of our beautiful ladies here in Halifax

Apparently new function of BP is that you must link your social media account in order to post an ad!!!

So a lot of these link will likely be to incomplete profiles.

Thought I would share.

• Like 2

Additional to the forced social media link, BP also just introduced a 140 character limit for the text in our ads, so some ladies are trying to get creative in order to share all the info they want. BP has also done this at the same time as raising the ad prices in many markets.

• Like 2

Apparently, you can continue to use previous longer ads, or you can create a pdf with as much information as you want and attach it like a picture to your ad as a work around to the new policy!

Edited by Manluvsex
Correction and addition to text.
  • Like 1

Apparently, you can continue to use previous longer ads, or you can create a pdf with as much information as you want and attach it like a picture to your ad as a work around to the new policy!

i've been putting info into pics since craigslist started making so many restrictions with words and when mass flagging meant take the phone number out of all searchable areas. it is a great idea, it means you don't have to be restricted by the 140 character limit,not that the original amount was that great. and this comes not long after twitter increased post imits, so there you go

i only noticed it when trying to renew and expired ad, so not sure when it started. i have not had to do it to any of my current ads. to keep the ad 'current' just use the 'move' it to the top option, that will extend the expiration over and over again, so you can keep old ads with the old requirements for a long time i assume.

So now almost every ad has a fake Instagram or FB account attached to it. What was BP hoping to accomplish by forcing ladies to tie their ad to a social media account that is fake and adds no value.

• Like 1

Yes it can be good to get rid of all the spam and good for the guys to be able to see that she is legit but also bad for providers that wish to stay discreet (as myself) ... I put a link to my twitter account and already had someone I personally know send me a friend request (I don't like it)

• Like 2

So now almost every ad has a fake Instagram or FB account attached to it. What was BP hoping to accomplish by forcing ladies to tie their ad to a social media account that is fake and adds no value.

It is apparently a play to get around some legal troubles in the US. I don't know all the details, but they don't really care if the links are real, just that they are there.

• Like 1

Guest MelanieRose

In the US now is even worse , title of ad must be your phone number, along with the limited pictures & limited text .. Hope BP doesn't start that here ! I do like the idea about putting what you'd like said in a picture to work around the new idea :) I'll definitely be doing that

It likely has to do with pressure backpage is receiving to curb human trafficking. Although there are many independent woman on backpage there are also many who are being pimped, often underage...not good, but fact. Perhaps the powers that be feel forcing the social media link will make it more difficult for traffickers to use back page. But as previously mentioned, backpage is not enforcing the legitimacy of the social media accounts. If that is the case then forcing advertisers to post social media links becomes pretty much useless.

• Like 1

Yes it can be good to get rid of all the spam and good for the guys to be able to see that she is legit but also bad for providers that wish to stay discreet (as myself) ... I put a link to my twitter account and already had someone I personally know send me a friend request (I don't like it)

Advertising on BP has become so difficult and extremely expensive..., I also had to create a twitter account.., I am so unfamiliar with that platform, learning about it too..