How do you stay fit?

As people get older, we need to maintain a regular exercise program to stay in shape and keep in good health. Since I started to hobby, I've decided to get back in shape, I've loss a lot of weight and have increased my muscles. I think I am in better shape now then I was in my younger days.

I do weights at the gym and for cardio I do a lot of rowing on the Concept 2 which I bought for home use. To use when I can't make it to the gym.

The difference in the last 2 years has made a great improvement in my health and body shape.

I just wanted to see what you do to stay in shape?

Weights, Cardio, Dance, Martial Arts Sports etc.

Guest webothscore

As I don't like schedules and repetition, I play a lot of sports at various times of day, night and all seasons. I guess maybe getting on my mountain bike is the only repetition of sorts...

Edited by webothscore
Addition of word...

Guest webothscore
Sex - lots of it. It really works. Just don't be the lazy one on the bottom. Try all the different positions and really work it.

Best exercise ever.

If us men are at the bottom, it's because we want you to go nuts on top til you get wet and mumble things that don't make sense ;)

Well I work most of the time but that doesn't keep me fit tho...... when I am not working I drink allotta beer, JD or rum and coke and I like my dagwood sandwiches with white bread. !!

So when I feel the need to stay fit.... I drink only light beer, consider diet coke for mix ... but can't do it captain, and buy a loaf of whole wheat bread for my sandwiches instead of that bad bad white bread. Sometimes I will walk to the store for my bread. Look at me go !! ;)

I work out fairy religiously. Weights one day, cardio next. I play hockey and ride my bike. I walk a fair bit. I do watch what I eat at least more than I used to. I try not to make it a chore of working out and allow myself a day off here and there as well as enjoy some of life's delicacies.

My motivation is the wonderfull women of cerb. It is amazing the influence they have over me.

I enjoy running, yoga, and weight training on a regular basis, but also outdoor activities like swimming, hiking, and skiing :)

Why yes Kat !! Outdoor activities like sex in a pool , sex on a hill , or sex on a slope ;). Silly me. I forgot those ones

• Like 1

Yoga and when the weather is nice, walking as much as possible, instead of driving. Sex is also a really good workout.

I like swimming a lot and I wish I could get out and do it more often. It's such a great full body workout.

Guest ChantalSummers

To stay fit I adore doing weight training and going out dancing on the weekends. Also I would like to think my healthy sex life also allows me to tone up and burn a lot of calories. Mmmm yummm multitasking at its best ;)!!

Guest *l**e

I've come up with a time sensitive, very healthy way to keep fit. It involves short exercises through the day plus a 20 minute circuit. I train people as well, so get a bit extra in during those times.

Since I started this system 18 months ago, I lost 40 pounds, reduced my body fat from 22 to 14 %, increased my muscle mass and greatly increased my endurance; I actually have abs again!!

It doesn't take much if you eat well.

Diet has a bigger impact than any amount of weight training or cardio. Go to bodybuilding dot com and read about "Managing your macros".

"Wheat Belly" has good info.

Cut out alcohol, sugar/starch and TV. I know lots of guys who "have no time" to go to the gym, but somehow find time to watch hours of football and hockey.

Edited by cinelli
  • Like 2

I run to eat. Trying to outrun my bad diet, but wtf, you have to enjoy life too. I am doing the half marathon this weekend...... then eat what I want. Foodies need their intake.

• Like 1

I know a few of the members here take or teach martial arts.

I used to do it when I was younger and it gave a great workout.

However I used to be always sore from over stretching.

I think that Cerb women should learn self defence to protect themselves.

It could save their lives one day. And it gives an awesome workout and increase their reflex times .

I run 4 days a week and lift weights 5 days.

I follow a pretty regular diet, eat 5 small meals cutting my starchy carbs back as the day goes on.

Most important for me is to avoid that daily intake of wine I love so much. Alcohol in any form makes us fat, plain and simple.

• Like 2

I work. When I am not working at job 1 I work at job 2 or job 3. Then sneak in a little ball, hockey, or curling. I don't stop moving till I sleep. Unless there is a Flyers hockey game them I take a little break here and there in my ohhhhh so comfy recliner ;) I eat well and healthy and keeeeeep busy. Works for me. Problem is I drink Allotta frickin beer and tad bit of wine so is that healthy ? ;) Ah well fuck it. Ya gotta have one vice in life.....

For me it's a 7k run every other day. And water with most meals....definitely no pop....that's a killer.

I think that Cerb women should learn self defence to protect themselves.

It could save their lives one day. And it gives an awesome workout and increase their reflex times .

I couldn't agree with you more! Martial arts are not only good for self-defence, they are good for mind and are a great workout.

I go to the Gym at least 2 times a week.. with a PT...

and when I cant go to the gym do a little cardio at home on the eliptical (30 min)

Lately I also Carry with my dumbbells in my bag... to do some light weight excercise while at work...

30 or so minute walks daily usually 2-3, eat right and healthy and treat myself when I feel to.

I have a mini gym set up in my basement, put on some old school tunes and dance daily oh and sexercise!!

Awww exercise. For Sanity and Vanity, theres nothing better.

Did you know that seeing a pretty woman or thinking about her during your workout will boost your testosterone and help you push harder? Ever wonder where cheerleaders came from and why?

Food for thought: why not try some broccoli, or some prawns or another testosterone boosting food the next time you go out for a meal before sex. Whats good for your sex drive is also good for your bodycomposition!

oooh sexy....

• Like 2