Free URL - www.cerb.ca/yourname

This is great, but more so for the newer SPs this is a great way to encourgae them to join !!

Nice new service Mod (and good idea Dreamer ;) )

Just to clarify this offering is for the ladies only ?

Well, the intention was for the ladies but if you have a reason to make one your all welcome to ... as long as your not doing anything bad with the url. If you are registering the URL to stop someone else from getting it who could actually use it... that would be bad. They are intended to help (not cause problems) so we want to promote the use of them in a positive way.

When you register the URL the program records your userID and your IP address and sends me a notification, this way if anyone does anything malicious with the URL we know who did it .. so please don't do it.

Hi Jackie,

I am glad you agree. Your URL now that you advertise www.whisperjackiejames.rare-playmate.com is very long and would not be a good classified ad URL ... but www.cerb.ca/jackie or even www.cerb.ca/jackiejames would be short and easy (best of all it would fit in one line in a classified ad in your local newspaper.

You could change the URL to go to www.whisperjackiejames.rare-playmate.com or your profile here.

LOL... I just noticed you registered http://www.cerb.ca/jackiejames - Good call!

I should block that one!

Or give it to insidevoice. He seems fascinated with that persona. Lol.

Or give it to insidevoice. He seems fascinated with that persona. Lol.

You noticed that too eh?

Better be on the look out for some of the "monikers" that come through :lol:

Do you mean "monicker" or "monikers"? Does the term moniker just mean someone who uses an alias? or is it in reference to someone who makes a alias to cause shit (Typically spelled with a C or two K's like monikker).

The free url is set up to not be available to new members. They must make it past the MODERATION period before this shows up for them. This would stop a lot (it not all) the malicious people I suspect.

For example... anyone who registered a alias such as "Angella Aurora" and registered a domain to use to make people think they are you by adding the extra "l" in the registration name would be caught way before they had access to the domain registration page... this should stop those types of "monickers" ;)

It also sends me a report of the IP address used to register the domain name, the members email address and the members username they are currently logged in under (to help prevent hackers and any malicious doings from members who do make it past the moderation period).

Hi Jackie,

I am glad you agree. Your URL now that you advertise www.whisperjackiejames.rare-playmate.com is very long and would not be a good classified ad URL ... but www.cerb.ca/jackie or even www.cerb.ca/jackiejames would be short and easy (best of all it would fit in one line in a classified ad in your local newspaper.

You could change the URL to go to www.whisperjackiejames.rare-playmate.com or your profile here.

LOL... I just noticed you registered http://www.cerb.ca/jackiejames - Good call!

I did!

Thanks again! :D

Jackie

xo

Do you mean "monicker" or "monikers"? Does the term moniker just mean someone who uses an alias? or is it in reference to someone who makes a alias to cause shit (Typically spelled with a C or two K's like monikker).

The free url is set up to not be available to new members. They must make it past the MODERATION period before this shows up for them. This would stop a lot (it not all) the malicious people I suspect.

For example... anyone who registered a alias such as "Angella Aurora" and registered a domain to use to make people think they are you by adding the extra "l" in the registration name would be caught way before they had access to the domain registration page... this should stop those types of "monickers" ;)

It also sends me a report of the IP address used to register the domain name, the members email address and the members username they are currently logged in under (to help prevent hackers and any malicious doings from members who do make it past the moderation period).

I meant moniker as in nick name, alias, again thank you for the detailed response!

I agree with the "other" Angela - good move. But I think the guys are jealous...he he..:smile:

I agree with the "other" Angela - good move. But I think the guys are jealous...he he..:smile:

Well, I have been known as the "other anglea" most of my school years too, as yes there was another Angie when I was in school in the same class :lol:

I just made the profiles and photo albums public so that anyone who clicks on the http://www.cerb.ca/yourname domains can see both your profile and your photos without signing up for an account on cerb. I didn't realize this was actually an option that was turned off until someone brought it to my attention earlier today.

I just made the profiles and photo albums public so that anyone who clicks on the http://www.cerb.ca/yourname domains can see both your profile and your photos without signing up for an account on cerb. I didn't realize this was actually an option that was turned off until someone brought it to my attention earlier today.[/QUOte] again you rock thank you

Posted via Mobile Device

Well, I have been known as the "other anglea" most of my school years too, as yes there was another Angie when I was in school in the same class :lol:

That was just a way of identifying you...

So if you ever have to refer to me, then I can be "the other Angela", so we can take turns...

That was just a way of identifying you...

So if you ever have to refer to me, then I can be "the other Angela", so we can take turns...

No worries, it's all good! :mrgreen:

Just to clarify this offering is for the ladies only ?

Either way this is a wonderful idea.

that's a nice touch, hmmm what should mine be?

No, only if the lady publishes it... but that is not a bad idea.