Playmate right now

There are about 6 girls working. 1 has been on her phone for over an hour, 2 are just just sitting there, 1 is sitting alone in a booth, one on stage, one in the back.

Don't these ladies realise they need to hustle at leadt a tiny bit? I got a pocket full of cash, but no one is circulating.

Weird

It's before the busy late night but it can work in your favour. Pick out the girl that you like the best and go to her and invite her to join you. Should be able to enjoy her in conversation before going for dances.

• Like 2

That's happened to me many times at barbs and playmate.... but my thoughts on the matter are simple.... they don't want my money.... then no problem.... i'll keep it...i never approach girls at an sc... it's their job to come and get your cash...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There are about 6 girls working. 1 has been on her phone for over an hour, 2 are just just sitting there, 1 is sitting alone in a booth, one on stage, one in the back.

Don't these ladies realise they need to hustle at leadt a tiny bit? I got a pocket full of cash, but no one is circulating.

Weird

Sometimes it's okay to approach one of the beautiful ladies , maybe they are just shy or have been rejected to many times that they don't want to get turned down again ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is too funny. I was going to post the exact same thing. I was there from 5 until about 8pm. One girl approached me the instant I came in but as I hadn't even had a sip of my drink yet I said I was just settling in. It was then probably close to 2 hours before I met daytime Ashley (first time for me). Went to the CR for a few dances, she is very nice and talkative, but I didn't feel any connection with her. Then the girl (sorry I don't remember her name) that I spoke with as soon as I entered came back to talk. She's curvy with medium dark skin and dark hair. Very sweet, says she's visiting from the east coast. Lots of fun in the CR.

As to the other ladies, well, I guess you don't like money. I hadn't been to a SC in quite a while and had a pocket full of cash walking in and still had most of it when I left. Could have have easily been in their pockets.

I used to enjoy going to the Silver Dollar Saturday afternoons before the evening knuckleheads arrived and was hoping the Playmate might be a good replacement despite being a much longer drive for me. Nope. After yesterday's experience it will be some time before I go back if at all.

• Like 1

This is too funny. I was going to post the exact same thing. I was there from 5 until about 8pm. One girl approached me the instant I came in but as I hadn't even had a sip of my drink yet I said I was just settling in. It was then probably close to 2 hours before I met daytime Ashley (first time for me). Went to the CR for a few dances, she is very nice and talkative, but I didn't feel any connection with her. Then the girl (sorry I don't remember her name) that I spoke with as soon as I entered came back to talk. She's curvy with medium dark skin and dark hair. Very sweet, says she's visiting from the east coast. Lots of fun in the CR.

As to the other ladies, well, I guess you don't like money. I hadn't been to a SC in quite a while and had a pocket full of cash walking in and still had most of it when I left. Could have have easily been in their pockets.

I used to enjoy going to the Silver Dollar Saturday afternoons before the evening knuckleheads arrived and was hoping the Playmate might be a good replacement despite being a much longer drive for me. Nope. After yesterday's experience it will be some time before I go back if at all.

I use to work at the dollar too I miss it !

• Like 2

Not the least bit surprised to read that some are a bit taken aback by the lack of 'forwardness' exhibited by many of the dancers at the 'Mate. On any number of occasions I've had the feeling that this venue combines the atmosphere of an SC and a neighbourhood bar.

For those patrons who dislike constant approaches by dancers asking for CR trips, this can be a welcome change from what is often experienced elsewhere. Typically (at Barb's, say) I prefer to catch the attention of a dancer and have her approach my table after giving an indication that her attentions are sought.

At the 'Mate, though, the very casual, 'laid-back' atmosphere (especially in the afternoons, but I've noticed this mood, to a lesser extent, at night in the past) can mean that it really is up to the patron to be a bit more forthright than he may be accustomed to being in order to talk to his 'targeted' dancer. This is not to say that I've never been approached at the table by 'Mate dancers - this has certainly occurred. But I have noticed that some of the afternoon 'regulars' are not especially forthcoming and seem to eschew table-hopping, preferring to situate themselves on a stool at the bar, near the CR entrance or by the DJ booth. Shyer patrons may just have to learn to approach the dancer of choice in these circumstances.

On my last visit, the dancer I was hoping to speak with was chatting with colleagues at the bar in street clothes, so I was a bit hesistant to approach. When I did get the chance to speak to her, she told me I should have just spoken to her earlier and been more direct.

In the past, I've tended to be far more direct in walking up to dancers at the 'Mate than I've been (or needed to be) elsewhere.

This is only my sense of things at the 'Mate, but I suspect patrons really should (and may have to) be less hesitant to use the direct approach than they may be used to at other local establishments.

Having said all this, there's certainly nothing wrong with taking a direct (but polite) approach anywhere but, as indicated in a post above, some patrons may prefer not to approach dancers directly.

• Like 4

That's good to know. Thanks. I've only been once and had no problems but I was sitting by myself in a corner seat in full view of the stage and bar.

It's a fine line. Do you sit and wait and get no attention or be more bold and maybe end up looking like a jerk? I guess it all depends on how warm you want/need your lap to be.

• Like 1

It's a fine line. Do you sit and wait and get no attention or be more bold and maybe end up looking like a jerk? I guess it all depends on how warm you want/need your lap to be.

I think that taking a politely direct approach should never result in one "looking like a jerk", so long as the dancer being approached isn't engaged in other activity i.e. she appears to be available to be approached, so to speak.

Of all the times in all the clubs when I've taken a (politely) direct approach to a dancer, I've never been made to feel that my behaviour was inappropriate in any way. Once, in the distant past, I spoke to a dancer who was on her way to see someone at his table (probably approached her coming out of the dressing room after her stage appearance) and I recall her being a bit brusque as she told me she was busy at the moment, but these things happen. Have a vague recollection that she sought me out later in the evening and very politely asked if I'd still like to see her.

Apparently there are those patrons who do not like to approach dancers standing at the bar or elsewhere in the club, but I certainly hope these gentleman would not consider those of us who sometimes do as "looking like a jerk". But maybe they do.

That's good to know. Thanks. I've only been once and had no problems but I was sitting by myself in a corner seat in full view of the stage and bar.

If I have to approach a dancer I'll do one of 3 things:

If she's occupied at a table with a potential client I'll usually buy her a shot/drink and snag her when she comes back to thank me.

If she's unoccupied and I don't feel like going over, I'll ask waitstaff to wrangle her for me.

If I really like her or my time is short I'll just suck it up and walk over

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I get what folks are saying on this thread, and I really like the Playmate from the bar staff angle. I was there before there was a floor server and the bartender remembered my drink the entire time I was there. Once a server arrived on the scene a little later in my visit she was great in making sure I was always not going without. I also had occasion to speak with the manager about something trivial and not related to my experience there and he was also very nice.

But, when I go to a garage I don't expect to have to walk through lift bays and find a mechanic. When I go to a restaurant I don't expect to have to order and pick up my food at the kitchen. I'm not saying this with any disrespectful intent but you know what I mean? Sure there is the too aggressive environment where you aren't left alone at all but there is something to be said for a number of ladies coming into work and sitting down and doing nothing or texting or whatever. I made eye contact and smiled at more than half of the ladies working there and I know that they saw me. I'm no Leo DiCaprio looks wise but I have never had an issue emptying my wallet in a SC when I wanted to until yesterday.

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Weird

Just leave and try somewhere else. If the service sucks, just go elsewhere.

I myself like the ones who don't hustle and let me make the choice. the ones that come on strong turn me off. I want to feel wanted but not hustled.

• Like 3

I certainly hope these gentleman would not consider those of us who sometimes do as "looking like a jerk". But maybe they do.

Not at all. I'm more concerned with the attitude of the dancer. I don't want to interrupt anyone during a conversation or their break time. I suppose I could ask if they're busy before continuing further.

• Like 2

I understand what you mean

But for us , this is what makes the difference between the one driving caddys and the ones not having a car lol

I cannot afford to sit pretty untill you decide to pick me , im here to sell , while I understand i might bother you while doing my sales pitch , im still taking the risk of trying

• Like 1

I understand what you mean

But for us , this is what makes the difference between the one driving caddys and the ones not having a car lol

I cannot afford to sit pretty untill you decide to pick me , im here to sell , while I understand i might bother you while doing my sales pitch , im still taking the risk of trying

What I mean is when you already said no they continue and continue and it drives you crazy!

What I mean is when you already said no they continue and continue and it drives you crazy!

Haha i know one who s like that , i think everyone here knows who it is ( without saying names , blond wig wich doesn't suit her at all)

I actually got into a BIG argument with her about this , she was monopolize cliemts ( meaning : she didn't want us to make money so she was sitting with guys like a leech even if they said no )

That escaladed quickly ... Thats why shes at playmate now

• Like 2

actually no! this is a petite chunky Hispanic but she claims to be half white half black , you cannot get a word in edge wise and talks so fast it is annoying and drives u crazy!! I know were being hustled but I want someone like Candy who makes you feel like a person where the conversation flows back and forth.

I think megandancer has it right... dancers should b there to sell... and graciously accept the result... sometimes it works... other times it doesn't... don't be pushy.... when i was a noobie at sc's... whenever i went and asked for a girl to join any subsequent time was not nearly as fun or connected as when the girl approached on their own....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

This certainly has developed into an interesting discussion and it's good to hear from a number of participants with differing views on this.

For a while (many years ago) I did feel somewhat uncomfortable directly approaching a dancer in a club and preferred the 'eye contact' approach to attempt to indicate interest in her joining me at the table. This tended to work out fairly well on most occasions until I became interested in connecting with a very popular dancer who became an absolute ATF.

Afternoon upon afternoon, my typical strategies for garnering her attention bore no fruit. Finally, one day another dancer asked me if I was "waiting for someone" and when I replied that I was hoping to connect with that someone, this dancer offered to tell the popular lady that I was hoping to meet her. Apparently she did so (in the dressing room) and the very busy, popular lady emerged from the back and joined me at table. It was certainly a very kind and helpful gesture on the part of that other dancer as she gained no advantage and the lady whose attentions were being pursued seemed to be quite busy on this (and many prior) occasions.

At Barb's, I find that in general the 'eye contact' approach continues to work well and I've rarely found myself taking the 'direct approach' at 340.

I certainly understand the dancer's view that it's important to circulate and chat with patrons and most will not find this to be a problem until the tone becomes nagging or insistent.

My first post in this thread was merely to suggest that my observation at a particular club (the 'Mate) was that at least some of the afternoon regulars do not seem particularly inclined to 'circulate' much and when the 'eye contact' strategy fails, the 'direct approach' seems to be welcomed by the dancers.

Guest pagypie

i think as long as the dancer isn't talking to a client, its ok to approach them. just be a gentleman. introduce yourself, tell her you saw her and thought she was beautiful and if shes not too busy you'd love to buy her a drink.

if she's busy or waiting, she'll politely decline, otherwise you saved her a lot of effort rolling the dice with customers that may not want a dance.