this is not meant to excuse their lack of consideration, but i think a large number of men are completely oblivious to their body odor. i am constantly amazed how many times i encounter high level professionals who seem to have no idea how strong their stench is. i know some people that think by wearing obscene quantities of cologne that their underarm stink is masked, when the rest of us know that it isn't. this applies to breath too, i can't tell you how many times i've had meetings with people whose breath smells like a skunk crawled down their throat and died.

now for people who are concerned about metals like aluminum being used to control perspiration, there are "natural" alternatives to the chemicals that the big companies use, so there's no excuse to smell like rotting pepperoni, people!!!

Dear Gabby, you forgot one excuse on your rant. -I'm trying to save money so I only shower and wear deodorant every second day.

Honestly I'm confused why any one would not wear any deodorant on a date. I have been to SC and got girls to dance for me and they had a body odor, sorry but just one dance from her is all I needed. Some will get insulted if you tell them politely.

• Like 7

I completely concur.

In this day and age when we, at least in the west, have been bombarded with ads promoting soaps and other hygiene products, I find it absolutely incredible that men and women still wander about smelling like neanderthals.

It's not that difficult. Shower. Anti-perspirant. Clean clothes. Repeat.

If you have to give a shirt the "nose test" you are doing it wrong. CLEAN clothes. Same goes for the boxers, briefs, or thong. Wear it once. Put it in the laundry hamper and keep it there until it has been laundered.

In a world where YMMV prevails, you sure as hell don't want to be left curbside when you have a Ferrari waiting for you. Stinky is not sexy... and that Ferrari wants to be driven by a sexy person. ;)

• Like 9

I think themastershake has a point, for me some smell I don't even smell or realize it. I think it's like you get used to it, or it could be the years of smelling strong orders from different chemical has diminished my sense of smell. Ex paint I can barely smell anymore. This is not an excuse to neglect your hygiene but I think those that have for so long don't realize it.

As for showering, for me it still doesn't help deodorize the perspiration only deodorant work for me. With that said I have several deodorants, in my vehicle at home. I basically have one handy all the time. I'll go and buy one if I forget or run out, regardless were I am. I work hard often where it's hot and often when there is no air circulation so I know I swear a lot hence I come prepared even got change of clothes handy for whatever may occur. Maybe because I was a Boy Scout but be prepared is a good modo.

So be considerate of others if you got poor hygiene do something about it before you go meet a lady. Even if its for that day.

• Like 3

Thank you Gabriella for bringing this up. If the lady asks you if you want a shower, she is not asking you because she is being kind. She is actually telling you in a very polite way, that you need to take a shower. Use the supplies (deodorant, mouthwash SOAP). Get into all your nooks and crannies. Remember, we don't want any will nots left behind either (you know what I mean, 'they will not come out').

You never know, if she joins you, its a lot of fun.....hint hint

• Like 7

I personally bring a travel size or a spre bottle with me all the time. In my briefcase.....in my car.....in my desk.....and especially when going on encounters.

I make sure i apply enough to mask and not too much to be offensive to the lady when i step out of her shower.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 4

Oh ya taking a shower with the lady can be so much fun! It's great foreplay even after play.

So guys its easy to remember "the wetter the better" think I may have used someone catch phrase but its a good one. Hehe and true in several ways haha

• Like 5

Guest webothscore

One look at Gabriella's profile should be the strongest indicator that a person should spend hours getting ready for her. That goes for all SPs. It's unfortunate that she even has to mention this. Well, life is like that I guess.

I am one of those guys who doesn't use these products, simply I've never felt the need. I do shower and brush my teeth before I go to see a lady, and take a breath mint on the way there. If for some reason I haven't had the opportunity, I will ask if I can take a shower before we start. I don't think I'm stinky, and the amount of BO I have under these conditions I feel is nothing to get too concerned about. One odor I occasionally run across with some ladies is one of smoke, which can't generally be masked, and I think this is far more offensive than a mild sent of a clean body.

Nature uses a scent related chemical called pheromones, which are natures way of promoting sexual attractions between sexes, and to mask these natural chemicals seems to me to be counter productive.

I was once with a lady and was kissing her body all over, and naturally she would also get some licks. I must have been kissing her breasts and inadvertently strayed and got a tongue full of deodorant as my tongue strayed along her side to the area of her armpit, and Oh what an awful taste.

• Like 1

I always make sure I am freshly showered and smelling good before any intimate encounter of any kind. I find it really strange that some people don't. It is respectful to the other person, and I don't know about you, but I feel better when I am fresh and clean

• Like 4

Guest *Ste***cque**

Most guys don't think their farts stink, or at least not as bad as everyone else's :), so maybe they think their BO doesn't stink that bad?

I am probably too far to the other extreme. I could get comments from women on the street during a hurricane that I smell nice. Hell, if I shower at 7am and have an SP appointment at 9am, I am in the shower again. I'm a clean (nice smelling) freak!

I don't know how you women put up with us sometimes :). I work in an office building and I regularly see unflushed toilets when I use the guys bathroom. WTF! Did they forget or are they trying to conserve water!

All I can say, Gabby, is maybe if you apply some vicks ointment to your nostrils in front of them they might get the hint.

Please wear deodorant...pretty please! While we as individuals think we all smell nice or acceptable, that may not always be true. If you see an SP and expect to have a good encounter, please make sure that nothing is going to come in between that.

As SPs, we are only responsible to a certain degree. If a client isn't smelling fresh, it's definitely going to affect the outcome of an encounter. With all due respect, as for not wearing deodorant and thinking you're not going to smell? Ask someone else that and see what their response is...

• Like 7

It's obviously important to practice good hygiene when you are going to be intimate with someone, and it's unfortunate that this has to be a topic of discussion. It also makes me wonder what these people are like in their day to day lives. I don't ever recall my parents telling me hygiene wasn't important...unless of course you're going to have sex! I was raised to practice good hygiene EVERYDAY. Is it really too much to ask?

• Like 3

Guest B**na***oy

I mentioned on a few occasions in other threads that a sensual encounter has to be based on mutual respect. Impeccable personal hygiene for both SP and client in all areas and not just under the arms is a must. It is simply incomprehensible, given the fact we are dealing with adults here, that anybody would act otherwise.

In preparation for an encounter, I will always take a shower the night before, take a shower the morning of the encounter, put on deodorant, and take another shower when I arrive just to make sure I am not only clean, but clean fresh. In addition, I will of course do other things like clip my nails a couple days ahead of time, use vast amounts of mouth wash, have a fresh shave, etc.

However, this elaborate ritual does not prevent me from committing a 'faux pas' once in a while. One time, I had a meeting with a wonderfully sweet lady later in the day and I forgot to have a fresh shave. Needless to say, I put the lady through an horrific ordeal when I performed passionate DATY on her. Well OK, it was not a horrific, but it made her uncomfortable and she mentioned it to me afterwards.

I apologized profusely and we ended up jocking about it, but all that to say that even with the best intentions, shit happens. In those situations, frank, open and timely communication is always the best solution. In preparation for a sensual encounter, we will routinely discuss very intimate issues, why would we shy away from discussing body odors?

One last point I would like to make. Gabriella, there is no such thing as a 10K marathon, a marathon is 42.195 kilometres. LOL, I'm sorry but I couldn't resist, please forgive me, at worst, can I get away with a good spanking? However, I agree with you that the sweat coming from two clean bodies and that results from passionate mutual interaction is a lot of fun and very sexy. ;-)

I am one of those guys who doesn't use these products, simply I've never felt the need. I do shower and brush my teeth before I go to see a lady, and take a breath mint on the way there. If for some reason I haven't had the opportunity, I will ask if I can take a shower before we start. I don't think I'm stinky, and the amount of BO I have under these conditions I feel is nothing to get too concerned about.

Nature uses a scent related chemical called pheromones, which are natures way of promoting sexual attractions between sexes, and to mask these natural chemicals seems to me to be counter productive.

Forgive me Boomer. Do you shave your armpits? If you do, well, I might agree with you. However, if you do not, your statement of "I simply never felt the need. I don't think I'm stinky and the amount of BO I have under these conditions....."

Wow, this might work if you didn't take your shirt off. If the lady was not kissing you all over. However, the BO that comes off men who think they don't stink stays in the air for hours later. This is where YMMV comes into play. You might be missing out on so many opportunities because the lady just could not get past what you feel "is an appropriate amount of BO".

As far as pheromones, well, we are not dogs in heat that come rushing to the first rutting dog we see. We cannot smell the actual pheromones consciously, but we can smell BO a mile away.

Just my little say.

• Like 6

I wouldn't even give a second thought to jumping in the shower. Especially with a gorgeous lady!!!!

It should be a requirement. Not a choice. Just my two cents.

As for deodorant some guys wear it some don't. Personally it I forget to put in deodorant I feel dirty the entire day and can't wait till I get the chance to put it on or rush to the store and get some.

In Boomers defense my brother never wears deodorant and for some reason he never smells. He's OCD when it comes to staying or keeping clean in which I'm sure boomer is as well. So if you're one of the lucky few guys. Then enjoy it. :)

But for the rest of us sweaty gorillas, a little deo goes a long way!!!

• Like 2

One of the reasons for a board like this is for discussion, and many times my posts are meant to promote that objective. Many of these threads are very one sided and correct and an alternative view needs to be expressed. Don't take everything so literal.

I would formally like to ask for your forgiveness, I lied. I do have antiperspirant in my medicine cabinet, and am quite aware of when it is necessary. I have been a hobbyist for 25 years and have never had a complaint about my hygiene. One of the joys of sex is that we are humans and all the senses should be enjoyed, sound , taste, smells and touch, and that doesn't mean we have to be antiseptic to enjoy. I fully understand OD's plea to cover up those objectionable smells as not all clients are so careful with their hygiene. I personally use a nice body wash that I've had complements on as it has a nice but muted overall freshness.

Guest M*****le*****c-H***s (Reti

Bad body odour is one of the worst things I experience in this business. At times, I have had to say to people, "You're a bit smelly down there; make sure you shower before your next appointment." It's difficult to say to someone that they stink. They're probably not aware of it. Sometimes it's the under arms, sometimes it's down below. In one of my worst scenarios, my client had a shitty ass. I can't do my job properly under these conditions. These people are not so much disrespecting me, as themselves. They must learn good hygiene and I don't know why they don't know it to begin with.

Well all I will say is that situations are different. Not sure by the question if the op assumes the client took a shower ahead of the apt. If I shower just before heading over, then I will use deodorant, brush me teeth and even use some mouth wash. However on occasions I had showers on location and didn't carry deodorant with me. On many of those occasions it was a shower for 2 and I didn't see the lady as well take out deodorant.

So I would think the answers given before my post were relating to showers before travelling on location. If not guess I have bad hygiene!!!

On another related note what happens if you meet the lady in a non ac place and you perspire a lot???

In one of my worst scenarios, my client had a shitty ass. I can't do my job properly under these conditions.

Will Nots.....When giving a massage, and you get to the bum, and massage the cheeks, the aroma can be ripe if not cleaned correctly....Please, pretty please, make sure that area is also clean.

• Like 1

Will Nots.....When giving a massage, and you get to the bum, and massage the cheeks, the aroma can be ripe if not cleaned correctly....Please, pretty please, make sure that area is also clean.

Holy Fuck ! That is seriously gross. B.O. is one thing, having a shitty ass is another. I hold you ladies with a whole new level of respect and admiration.

• Like 2

I've been lucky enough to be told that my natural smell is nice, but even so I would never think to head to an encounter without showering and fresh deodorant right before. After all, just because one person likes the way I smell pre-morning shower doesn't mean everyone else will, whereas I don't think anyone has ever complained about someone smelling clean!

To answer the original question, I think the problem may be that people mistakenly assume that if they can't smell themselves, then no one else can either (this tendency also can result in the reverse problem, where people apply scents until they are obvious to themselves. I've taught in public schools where every male was doused in Axe body spray so I feel I can say I speak truth!).

HYGIENE.jpg

• Like 2

I try to live as chemical-free a life as possible, so my hygiene product use is quite minimal. However, once I learned that my armpits begin to reek a few hours after my morning shower, I started using a tea tree oil alcohol spray and it works great! It also works well for razor burn (for those few times a month I actually shave...LOL...no wonder no woman will tolerate me).

Holista is the brand name, by the way; Shoppers Drug Mart has it.

Edited by oldblueeyez
  • Like 3

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I have now taken to stripping naked at the automated car wash on Richmond Road, having myself tied to the roof of my car and run though the car wash with the hot wax option. I am fluff-dried and even further toweled off by the attendants who inspect me for cleanliness and residual foul odours. As an added measure of protection I have the attendants tape "pine tree" car air fresheners to each armpit before removing me from my car and placing me back behind the wheel where I make my way in the buff to my anticipated appointment erection in hand. I am a clean, mean, highly buffed machine! $30 with gas purchase. Works for me!

I am one person that is always scared of smelling bad... LOL anywhere in my body.. Event thou I have been told I always smell delish... I carry in my purse deodorant, tooth brush, tooth paste, perfume and yes you all have seen me with a gum in my mouth almost 24/7...

You should see my purse.. Is more like a travelling bag LOL I have to change purse every couple of month because they dont seem to be strong enough to hold all the weigth of the cleaning products I carry with me LOL

In regards to the previous comment about the butt, OMG yes pleas gentleman clean them... I have encounter in 2 occations gentlemen that did not wanted to shower before the massage session... So I start my massage in the back everything seemed normal then I move down to the legs and yuk surprise! caca stock to their butt! well guess what! No bodyslied for you! buddy!!! and I am not comming close to that!!!

Sorry there is not bigger torn off that a bad smell or poor hygene... and there is no Bigger TURN ON that a guy that smells good! Not necesarily over do it on the cologne but just nice clean smell..., THAT IS HOT!

Edited by P*****n****o
  • Like 3