Clients - What Information Do You Seek in a Provider's Ad?

My $0.02 worth...

Some evidence that the posters pictures are of the poster.

Not a big deal on Lyla, but on Backpage posting fake pictures is rampant

Unless the poster has at least one picture of themselves holding a piece of paper with their hand written phone number, I don't even consider it (yes I know this can be faked too, but it requires more effort too do so).

Clear, in focus high resolution pictures. Unrecognizably dark or blurry photos provide no benefit and extreme close ups of body parts (boobs / ass) provides no context

With limited text, I guess the basics (name, age, height, etc) and a link to a website or other resource where further details can be found (e.g. booking requirements, rates, restrictions, etc)

• Like 6

Some providers get creative and upload a photo that contains information, but it's not ideal.

Why isn't it ideal? You get to share the info you need and want to share.

• Like 1

To answer your two questions:

1-N/A as most of the providers I've seen don't have a website.

I think they are overrated and most who have one complain clients don't read them and ask questions to which the answers can be found on their website. I view them to find more pics and rates.

2-Physical appearance. Call me shallow.

• Like 3

It must be hard to post a ad on BP or other sites with a limit on the number of words. You want to have a positive message to the clients but at the same time you want provide them with the information how you want to be contacted and access further information about you. At this point you are now totally out of words. So how do you now sell yourself and your services and give the client the cost of the services. You have to use a website, screen shots, or maybe social media to give the client that information. So we are now at the point of process where the main problem occurs. The provider has given the client access all the information needed to book a appointment. But many clients are not putting in the effort to read the website, screen shots, and social media sites. Instead they contact the provider with a series of questions asking for the same information the provider has already given them. This must drive the providers insane numerous times each and every day. The providers have other jobs, volunteer work, and a life outside of this work. They simply do not have the time in their lives to answer the same questions over and over every single day. Another problem the providers face each and every day are the clients who request information but have no desire to ever book a appointment with the provider. Answering all of these request must be overwhelming and almost a full time job and a total waste of time. So what is the solution for the providers to this endless problem and waste of time. In my opinion it is plain and simple if the client does not put in the effort to read the information the provider has given them access too. That possible client is not worth having as a client and is not worth any further effort from the provider. I consider myself a genuine gentleman and before I visited a provider I check out their reviews, social media sites, and their website if they have one. This effort usually answers all the questions needed to book appointment with the provider. If I need additional information it usually a simple straight forward question for the providers to answer. So gentleman please respect the providers time and put in the effort to read information the provider has given you access to before contacting them...

• Like 4

If you have a website, I don't think it matters too much. If I like the pictures I see in an ad, I will likely click through to the website right away. If I don't like the pictures, I won't proceed any farther.

On the website I will look for pictures, rates, availability, contact info, services and general location. I prefer if the website content is created by the lady herself, or if she has a twitter page, something that gives an idea of her personality.

The other concern with BP is that many ads are fake. So I always look to make sure the person is legit. If you have a website or active twitter page or something, this becomes much less of a concern.

• Like 5

I concur with itd131, the website is a great source of information and when it is well built, BP ads can remain at strict minimum.

When initially contacting a provider, the more info is available, the better it is and it sets all required parameters. For me, it doesn't matter where is the info, as long as I can find it on the web, it's find. If a provider has a website or an ad somewhere else with all the info, it's perfect and she can just link her BP ad to it.

Before contacting a provider, what I like to know is schedules, rates, services (MA/SP/Hybrid), pictures, mensuration (high, weight, cup), ethnicity (if not obvious), contact info and any particular things that the provider want us to know or dislike. So, to work around the 140 characters on BP, the perfect ad can be just the name of the provider, some pictures, general location (city, east/north/west/south/downtown) and a link to the website that will contain what need to be know. If she doesn't have a website or another place where all the info are available, yes I found it smart, ingenious, creative (name them...) to upload a photo that contains all required information.

I hate when I must ask a provider what her fees are. Please, ladies, make it obvious somewhere to avoid negotiations. If the price is too high for me, I will move to the next one and not waist anymore of your time (and mine too).

I think it's in the best interest of the provider to put the more info somewhere and to make it available for clients. It reduces confusion, bad surprises, frustrated providers, unsatisfied clients. Sure, there will be always some problematic clients out there who are going to cross boundaries, but if there is no grey area, they can be minimal.

• Like 5

Why isn't it ideal? You get to share the info you need and want to share.

While this might not be a big sector of possible clientele, embedding text in an image is a huge no-no from an accessibility standpoint. In layman's terms, if you want someone who is visually impaired to be able to see your information, it needs to be text on a webpage, or embedded with the image as alt text.

Again, I understand that this is likely a small fraction of potential clients, but I just wanted it out there as something to keep in mind.

• Like 3

While this might not be a big sector of possible clientele, embedding text in an image is a huge no-no from an accessibility standpoint. In layman's terms, if you want someone who is visually impaired to be able to see your information, it needs to be text on a webpage, or embedded with the image as alt text.

Again, I understand that this is likely a small fraction of potential clients, but I just wanted it out there as something to keep in mind.

You are ABSOLUTELY right! Software that reads text aloud doesn't pick up on text in images, which creates a huge barrier for many. Thank you so much for bringing it up!

• Like 1

Hi lovely lady,

I would worries too much about uploading pic with info in it if it not ideal for you. People that don't click on the wed site link usually don't read anything either. They look at pic and number! Never understood why I guess some of theme have way too many time on there hand. I do have a wed site now even if it was a pain in the ass to do (not good with those thing) a twitter account and screen capture of rule and different rate menu...well almost all they need! Did lower the number of inquiring that goes nowhere it did not get rid of theme all.

I steel get the infamous : Rate? no hi no how you doing just rates...like really ! Your wed site is really nice and all so pic age main location and web site link should do. Sometime I just send them a link to my ad back lol.

By the way thank for the link of your photographer in your ad really useful!

• Like 3

Since BP imposed the limitations, choices are limited. As for what information we would like to see, it varies wildly according to what anyone of us is looking for.

With the limited space allowed, I expect the text to give the basic information and although it is not ideal, I also look to the pics to hopefully find more details. Unfortunately we have to make due with the options available.

Looks like BP is also imposing the publication of a link. I keep seeing these links to facebook , instagram, tweeter etc where most of them go to nowhere land. I don't know the details, but is might be an opportunity.

Either way, when shit changes that is beyond our control we need to adapt and conquer.

Sheers

• Like 3

Since BP imposed the limitations, choices are limited. As for what information we would like to see, it varies wildly according to what anyone of us is looking for.

With the limited space allowed, I expect the text to give the basic information and although it is not ideal, I also look to the pics to hopefully find more details. Unfortunately we have to make due with the options available.

Looks like BP is also imposing the publication of a link. I keep seeing these links to facebook , instagram, tweeter etc where most of them go to nowhere land. I don't know the details, but is might be an opportunity.

Either way, when shit changes that is beyond our control we need to adapt and conquer.

Sheers

That is exactly what I was going to say. Us men are visual creature, we stop and look at the pictures that we like to see. If we are interested we look into having a meeting with such lady and then we need to have the info, so here is what we need: 1st a phone # and know if we can text or do we have to call. Nationality sometime makes me excited too. Time available and location. I don't have to worry about my skin color but its always good for some to know. If they post a link to social media and it leads nowhere I get discourage, I also don't have any account with those but I know that if you do have one and I can access it I can see and read more about the lady and that is fine by me.

• Like 1

Now that Backpage has limited the characters in advertisements to 140

So... it's now like Twitter used to be before they gave us 280 characters, but you pay for it? I'm no economist, and I have no standing to criticize anyone else's business model, but... WTF???

Since it's BP, bonus points if your entire ad is emojis :)

• Like 1