2 review boards hacked

In case people haven't heard, the big red TO board and the AB board have both been hacked during the last few days.

If you use the same password on all forums, you should probably update it here, so hackers can't use info stolen from other databases to log in to your account.

Hey, is there any CAF members on here??

I think CAF was hacked and not sure whats going to happen of them!!!

Too bad... CAF was a good resource for AB..

But def a good idea to change the passwords and update email addresses!!!

Sites get hacked all the time, security patches are released often for most opensource software and popular paid software like the kind caf/terb/lyla/etc use.... It happens cause no matter how smart a person thinks they are someone out in the world is smarter and figures out a security flaw before you even know one exists.

Now... Just cause the site gets hacked does not mean the hackers have access to encrypted info like passwords. They could but most hackers just change pages or send spam these days and really just nuisance.

We run a daily backup of the entire server, we run firewalls and dos attack systems and much more... No matter how much you do its never enough. I am sure they will clean out the hacked files, patch the software and turn it all back on.

• Like 2

Hey, is there any CAF members on here??

I think CAF was hacked and not sure whats going to happen of them!!!

I am/was, albeit under a different name. The Mod's post is excellent. I'm assuming CAF did much the same thing, so hopefully it'll will be back up and running shortly.