Bringing old memories back [emoji991]

Anyone remember the silver dollar or Cabaret Le Pink also know as Pinks or Pink Panther when they were both still open for business ?

This is a topic to bring back flashback memories of girls you've met or danced with or girls you remember that worked there. And your experiences at either clubs.

Do you miss them or glad that their gone? Be opinionated and be critical if you feel the need to be. No one is going to judge you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Dollar was always a little rough lookin towards the end, lotsa hoods and you couldn't be positive that something wasn't going to happen, it wasn't a very safe place towards the end. The dancers at the Dollar were fine in the last days, but I can't say i ever had the mileage that people would've expected from a place like that. Personally I never felt unsafe there, but you knew there was shit that could happen so you kept your eyes open if you knew to be aware.

• Like 1

The Dollar was always a little rough lookin towards the end, lotsa hoods and you couldn't be positive that something wasn't going to happen, it wasn't a very safe place towards the end. The dancers at the Dollar were fine in the last days, but I can't say i ever had the mileage that people would've expected from a place like that. Personally I never felt unsafe there, but you knew there was shit that could happen so you kept your eyes open if you knew to be aware.

What do you mean by lotsa hoods?!

It was a different time, for sure. I never spent much time in either, but I was definitely at both of them.

I have some more for your list...

There used to be a Fanny's on Bank Street, I think it was where the Cue n Cushion is now, just north of Barrymores.

I remember a Club 999 (can't remember the actual number) on Somerset Street West, near where there are a couple of Indian grocery stores now. Burned down, I think?

There was quite a nice club way out in the west end, March Road maybe? It was more recent than the other two, I think it only closed about five years ago.

• Like 2

It was a different time, for sure. I never spent much time in either, but I was definitely at both of them.

There used to be a Fanny's on Bank Street, I think it was where the Cue n Cushion is now, just north of Barrymores.

I remember a Club 999 (can't remember the actual number) on Somerset Street West, near where there are a couple of Indian grocery stores now. Burned down, I think?

There was quite a nice club way out in the west end, March Road maybe? It was more recent than the other two, I think it only closed about five years ago.

There was one in kanata called Jason's which was same owners as the pinks until it got shut down by the city apparently . Also I remember fanny's on bank st the manager at pinks use to run it! Thanx for the add ons !!

• Like 1

Yes! Jason's is the one that was on or close to the March road. Then it closed and reopened as a different name, but that one only lasted a few months, I think.

• Like 1

Yes! Jason's is the one that was on or close to the March road. Then it closed and reopened as a different name, but that one only lasted a few months, I think.

Reopened as 'The Polar Bare Club'. One of the worst names for a club I can imagine. Right up there with 'O'Ladies', at least as far as local establishments are concerned. No doubt there are many astonishing names for SCs worldwide.

A discussion of some local history can be found here:

https://terb.cc/vbulletin/showthread.php?605344-Strip-clubs-that-no-longer-exist-trip-down-memory-lane

• Like 2

Reopened as 'The Polar Bare Club'. One of the worst names for a club I can imagine. Right up there with 'O'Ladies', at least as far as local establishments are concerned. No doubt there are many astonishing names for SCs worldwide.

A discussion of some local history can be found here:

https://terb.cc/vbulletin/showthread.php?605344-Strip-clubs-that-no-longer-exist-trip-down-memory-lane

Thank you for that just read up on the threads !! I had no idea but at least we have one in here !

• Like 1

I really liked the Fanny's on Bank. Very comfortable couches and private in the CR.

And who can forget the original Barbarella's on Somerset West, just on the hill before it becomes Wellington? It was probably 25 years ago (or so) that it burnt down.

• Like 3

I really liked the Fanny's on Bank. Very comfortable couches and private in the CR.

And who can forget the original Barbarella's on Somerset West, just on the hill before it becomes Wellington? It was probably 25 years ago (or so) that it burnt down.

Wasn't that 'Valentino's' - the one on Somerset ?

• Like 2

Before it was the Pink Panther, or Cabaret Le Pink, it was Club Casanova, and it ROCKED!! It was my favourite club for a long time. Always hot girls, and they danced to Rock/Hard Rock and Metal back then. I had LOTS of fun there, hehehe... :D

Cheers!

• Like 1

Yes, you're right. It was Valentino's. So now, where was the "Club 999", where 999 was the street address? I thought it was the one on Somerset, but obviously it was somewhere else!

• Like 1

There was the Gypsy Rose in Manotick at the four corners or where the Shoppers Drug mart is now. They always had some good ladies there and the mileage was good if the money was good. They had the travelling features there and a pretty good hip of beef lunch.

• Like 2

I remember one day at pigale i made 1100 $$

Back in 2005 when everything was upstairs

Awww when the money was good !!

I'm embarrassed to say what my best day was, but probably pretty close if we're using constant 1986 dollars.

Hey, the inflation calculator shows it pretty close to your number!

• Like 2

Haha! My first apartment was across the street from Fanny's at Bank/McClaren but for $500 a month working two jobs and going to school.. It was somewhat of a dive apartment but you couldn't go wrong esp being downtown. I knew a few dancers who worked at Fanny's from college and would go say hi to them once in a while. Same with the Silver Dollar, had a good friend who worked there. I would meet them after work on weekends and we would go out for an early breakfast. I often think about them.

• Like 3

I remember Fanny's well. When I first moved to Ottawa in 1991 I lived and worked at the Somerset House Hotel/Village Green Restaurant/Lockmaster Tavern... also now long gone :(

Back then table dances were only $5.00... The pervert bar/stage was a minimum of $1.00 or $2.00 per song.

• Like 1