A place for the news of the weird...

PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida -- A teenager is recovering after

police say he shot himself in the penis and testicle while cleaning a gun he just bought.

It happened Thursday morning at a home on the 200 block of Verada Street in Port St. Lucie.

Police say 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio first lied to police saying someone shot him while he was walking down the street. After being questioned by police he admitted to accidentally doing it himself.

Doctors say the bullet went through his penis, his left testicle and then lodged itself in his thigh.

Smeriglio told police he bought the gun last month at a party.

While police were investigating at the home where it happened, they discovered marijuana in the house. That led to

the arrest of the homeowner Joseph Lamar James, 22, on drug charges.

• Like 1

I had to read this article 2-3 times before really 'understanding' what had happened, if that's even possible!

My mind is somewhat blank, with a question mark... "say what?!"

Next? Cameras to watch the cameras that watch the cameras, and so on, and so on...

New cameras to watch cameras that watch you

PALMER PARK, Md. - Many people find speed cameras frustrating, and some in the region are taking their rage out on the cameras themselves.

But now there's a new solution: cameras to watch the cameras.

One is already in place, and Prince George's County Police Maj. Robert V. Liberati hopes to have up to a dozen more before the end of the year.

"It's not worth going to jail over a $40 ticket or an arson or destruction of property charge," says Liberati.

Liberati is the Commander of the Automated Enforcement Section, which covers speed and red-light cameras.

Since April, six people have damaged speed cameras.

On April 6, someone pulled a gun out and shot a camera on the 11400 block of Duley Station Road near U.S. 301 in Upper Marlboro, Md.

Two weeks later, a speed camera was flipped over at 500 Harry S. Truman Drive, near Prince George's Community College. Police believe several people were involved because of the weight of the camera itself.

Then in May, someone walked up to a camera on Brightseat Road near FedEx Field, cut off one of the four legs, and left.

"I guess that makes a statement, but we were able to just attach another leg," says Liberati.

But when someone burned down a speed camera on Race Track Road near Bowie State College on July 3, Liberati and his colleagues began to rethink their strategy.

"It costs us $30,000 to $100,000 to replace a camera. That's a significant loss in the program. Plus it also takes a camera off the street that operates and slows people down. So there's a loss of safety for the community," says Liberati

The Prince George's County Police Department decided it needed to catch the vandals, or at least deter them.

"The roads are choked, there are lots of drivers on them. I think traffic itself is the cause of frustration (towards speed cameras). But, we have a duty to make the roads safe, even if takes a couple extra minutes to get to your destination. Unfortunately, that's the Washington area, the place we live in," says Liberati.

Speed cameras themselves can't be used for security because under Maryland law speed cameras can only take pictures of speeding, says Liberati.

"We've taken the additional step of marking our cameras to let people know that there is surveillance."

Liberati says the cameras aren't a case of Big Brother nor a cash grab, police are simply trying to keep the public safe from reckless drivers.

PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida -- A teenager is recovering after

police say he shot himself in the penis and testicle while cleaning a gun he just bought.

It happened Thursday morning at a home on the 200 block of Verada Street in Port St. Lucie.

Police say 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio first lied to police saying someone shot him while he was walking down the street. After being questioned by police he admitted to accidentally doing it himself.

Doctors say the bullet went through his penis, his left testicle and then lodged itself in his thigh.

Smeriglio told police he bought the gun last month at a party.

While police were investigating at the home where it happened, they discovered marijuana in the house. That led to

the arrest of the homeowner Joseph Lamar James, 22, on drug charges.

I hope the pistol was not larger than .22 caliber, or poor Joseph must now have a penis in pieces.

• Like 3

They also saw that the ex-boyfriend had rigged the ceiling vents so he could look down at Tracy in her bedroom from his spot in the attic.

This brings voyeurism to an entirely new level...

Sushi shop sign too offensive for neighbourhood

By QMI Agency

The sushi bar menus will wear soon be changed to something more "appropriate". (Chantal Poirier/QMI Agency)

MONTREAL - A Quebec Superior Court flipped the bird to sushi restaurant Fukyu.

The name "Fukyu" might be a Japanese word for a form of martial arts, but a judge ruled in August that it was "clearly inappropriate" in the Montreal context.

Sushi bar owner John De Melo, 28, told QMI Agency he wanted to name his Montreal resto something "catchy and Japanese. We didn't think it would be inappropriate."

So the sign outside his restaurant read "Fukyu" since last February. By July, De Melo's landlord began receiving complaints from other tenants.

The landlord, L.G. Plaza, filed a lawsuit claiming De Melo was obliged to get consent before erecting the sign that the landlord claimed was provocative.

Judge Kirkland Casgrain agreed and ordered De Melo to hide the offensive words within 24 hours of the court ruling, which was released at the end of August.

De Melo said he didn't think the ruling would have negative impact on his business.

"I think the financial impacts on my company will be positive," he said, adding that the case has given his sushi bar increased exposure to the public.

Additional Comments:

Condoms? They're tough. And if you don't believe me, then a quick view of this video, involving a condom, 8 Mentos, and a bottle of Diet Coke will prove it.

Make your own jokes...

Edited by contraman
  • Like 1

Turkish divers "rescue" blow-up sex doll from sea

(Reuters) - Turkish rescue workers retrieved an inflatable sex doll from the Black Sea after police were notified by panicked residents who mistook it for a woman's body floating offshore, Milliyet newspaper reported on Sunday.

Police cordoned off a wide stretch of beach in northern Samsun province and sent a team of divers into the water to rescue what appeared to be a drowning woman, it said.

The team quickly discovered it was in fact a blow-up doll, which they deflated before throwing in the garbage, the daily said.

It was not clear where the blow-up doll had came from. The Black Sea is a key tourism destination for Turks and also sees busy international maritime shipping traffic.

• Like 1

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10835890

A man sought emergency treatment at hospital in Auckland this week with an eel stuck up his bottom.

The unnamed individual presented himself at the A&E department at Auckland City Hospital to explain his embarrassing problem.

It is believed the patient was sent for X-rays and a scan, which showed there was an eel lodged inside him.

"The eel was about the size of a decent sprig of asparagus and the incident is the talk of the place," a hospital source said. "Doctors and nurses have come across people with strange objects that have got stuck where they shouldn't be before, but an eel has to be a first."

It is unclear how the eel managed to be trapped inside the man. It is believed medics successfully removed it and the man was later discharged.

A hospital spokesman last night confirmed the bizarre incident had taken place.

"In response to a direct query from the Herald on Sunday, we can confirm that an adult male presented at Auckland City Hospital this week with an eel inside him," Matt Rogers, spokesman for Auckland District Health Board, said.

He added: "No further comment will be made out of respect for the patient's right to privacy."

According to the Department of Conservation website, there are two main types of eel found in New Zealand - the shortfin and the longfin.

Eels migrate up streams as elvers to find suitable adult habitat. After many years they migrate to the Pacific Ocean to breed and die. Eels are secretive, nocturnal and prefer habitats with plenty of cover. They hunt by smell rather than sight.

• Like 1

This is not exactly news but it is most certainly weird. I don't want to hijack the thread but I thought this information would be best placed here.

I was watching weird or what the other day. I like the stories and I enjoy how they explain things scientifically. Anyways, they did a segment about Robert the doll. Robert the doll was apparently made by a slave who got fired. This slave wanted to get back at the family so he made Robert the doll. The slave practiced voodoo and put a hex on the doll and gave the doll to the family's son. The family's son started behaving odd. The family blamed the weird behavior on the doll. Apparently the child talked to the doll under a blanked and many people heard the doll comment back. Years latter Robert the doll was abandoned by the family and Robert was left in the attic of the family's house when they moved. When the new owners bought the house apparently they saw Robert the doll run across the attic.

Robert the doll now lives in a museum in the key west area. Where he is displayed and people can look at him. It is said that different people have been cursed by Robert the doll and the only way to get the curse removed is by begging Robert for forgiveness. Also for your information the move "Child's play" with the Chucky doll in it was inspired from the Robert the doll. I was a little chilled to the bone to watch a segment about Robert the doll. Weird or what?

Here are some links about Robert the doll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_the_Doll

http://www.robertthedoll.org/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK5eCzoZvTYjx-3n4x17Ahwq-CJBqBl2S3P55XLLUKTpBo0AOY

Man freed after getting his head stuck in bin in Aberdeen

Firefighters were called out to rescue a man whose head was stuck in a public litter bin in Aberdeen.

It is not yet known how the man got into the predicament, which happened on the city's Justice Street.

Emergency services were alerted to the man stuck with his head in the opening of the 4ft-high bin early on Sunday evening.

A spokesman for Grampian Fire and Rescue Service said the man was not injured.

He was taken to hospital for a check-up.

_63215551_bin_man.jpg

Mosfellsbær Wants "Vulva Museum"

The residents association for suburban capital area town Mosfellsbær, contrary to the wishes of the town council majority, wants to open a "vulva museum" instead of the council's proposed wild animal museum.

In a statement to the press, the Residents' Movement - an association of Mosfellsbær townspeople - says that they are opposed to the town council majority idea of opening a wild animal museum to celebrate the town's 25th anniversary. Rather, the association proposes instead a vulva museum.

The association argues that a vulva museum would have more to offer than a wild animal museum. For one, they say, equality issues have been featuring more prominently in everyday discussion. Such a museum would symbolically contribute to gender equality. Furthermore, the vulva itself has been made the subject of numerous works of art, from plays to sculptures.

The association also questions whether a wild animal museum would even attract enough tourists to justify its existence - Iceland's Penis Museum, however, has become one of the country's trademarks. A vulva museum could very well become the same.

The museum would begin its collection with vulvae from each kind of Iceland's domestic animals, with added contributions included as the years progress. The association adds that it might be fun to have Pussy Riot play at the museum's opening.

From: http://gawker.com/5949295/strip-club-mishap-lands-bachelor-party-honoree-in-hospital-with-ruptured-bladder

SUIT: PHILLY DANCER'S POLE ACT INJURES GROOM-TO-BE

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A lawsuit says that a bachelor party mishap at a Philadelphia strip club landed the groom-to-be in a hospital with a ruptured bladder.

The Philadelphia Daily News reported Friday ( http://HTTP://-------/QO69BU ) that Patrick Gallagher had been invited to lie on the stage at the Penthouse Club as a dancer slid down a pole.

The lawsuit filed last week in state court alleges the woman landed with such force on Gallagher's abdomen that his bladder ruptured.

Gallagher, of Lansdale, needed surgery after sustaining the injury in November 2010.

The lawsuit accuses the club of negligence and seeks at least $50,000 for medical costs, pain, humiliation and mental anguish.

The Daily News was unable to reach the club's owner for comment. The Associated Press could not reach a club representative Friday morning.

Warrington Wolves: Paul Wood has testicle removed

Warrington Wolves prop Paul Wood has had a testicle removed after rupturing it in Saturday's Grand Final defeat by Leeds Rhinos.

The 30-year-old was injured early in the second half but played on before going to hospital after the match.

He told BBC Radio Manchester: "I'm not too bad, it sounds worse than it is.

"An accidental knee caught me. I could feel I wasn't right, but I managed to stay on for 20 minutes until [the coach] Tony [smith] took me off."

Despite his heroics the Wolves were unable to claim their first title since 1955, as they lost 26-18 to the defending champions, and Wood insists he did what any other professional player would do.

"It does smart a bit when you get hit down there, but this pain wouldn't subside," he continued.

"As a rugby player you just do your job until you hear the whistle, there was nothing special about it."

Although he did concede he may consider using added protection next season.

"It's something I'm going to look at because obviously I've only got one now - so I've got to look after it.

"If I want any more kids this has got to be my pride and joy."

Wigan-born Wood turned to Twitter following his operation when he posted: "Ruptured my right testicle, got a knee 1 minute into the second half, had to have it removed."

"Just coming out the hospital to go home... Seriously feel like I've left something?"

The prop forward also disclosed that his team-mates had been ridiculing him in his adversity.

"They're relentless really, they absolutely give it to me. I've had every text message under the sun to wind me up - but I can take what's happened."

Wood is not the first sportsman to sustain a painful injury in the line of duty.

Last season, Blackburn Rovers defender Scott Dann suffered a similar injury and was ruled out for six weeks.

Also in 2011-12, Gillingham's Chris Whelpdale split his scrotum in a Boxing Day win over Crawley. The winger was able to take to the field just four days later in a defeat at Dagenham & Redbridge.

In 1986, New Zealand number eight Wayne Shelford sustained a torn scrotum during a ruck in a match against France.

• Like 1

...don't do this....

Screams save man from rubbish truck

A man was lucky to escape alive after being tipped into a garbage truck from a skip bin early this morning.

A FESA spokesman said the driver had just tipped the contents of a skip bin into the back of his truck while on St George's Terrace about 4.30am, when he heard noises coming from his truck.

The man's screams alerted the driver, who called police.

Fire and rescue crews were sent to help retrieve the man who was trapped in the back of the truck.

Advertisement

The FESA spokesman said the man had been in the skip bin trying to retrieve a laptop, and he escaped without injury.

"He's quite lucky, they tip rubbish in and when it gets full enough they squash it with a hydraulic ram," he said.

It took authorities about 20 minutes to free to man from the truck.

The man was not injured in the incident, and did not locate his missing laptop.

Polish coffin-maker uses nude models to sell wares

A Polish firm that makes coffins has angered the Catholic church by trying to drum up business with a calendar depicting topless models posing next to its caskets.

One image from the 2013 edition of the calendar has a blonde model, wearing only a skimpy thong and with a snake draped around her neck, reclining on a coffin. In another, a woman wearing a crimson corset is depicted pulling out the heart of a man lying on a casket.

"My son had the idea of creating the company's calendar... so that we could show something half-serious, colorful, beautiful; the beauty of Polish girls and the beauty of our coffins," said Zbigniew Lindner, the firm's owner.

"We wanted to show that a coffin isn't a religious symbol. Its a product," he said. "Why are people afraid of coffins and not of business suits, cosmetics or jewelry?"

As well as attracting publicity for his firm, the calendar is intended as a source of revenue. It is on sale on the company's website. Anyone who places an order receives a complementary key ring in the shape of a coffin.

The Catholic church has condemned the calendar as inappropriate. A church spokesman has said that human death should be treated with solemnity and not mixed up with sex.

The church and its teachings have been at the heart of Polish life for generations, but changes in society are challenging the faith. While 93 percent of Poles say they are Catholic, the proportion who attend church regularly is falling. Many people are starting to confront long-standing taboos about sexuality and religion.

------------

And for those who want to see what all the fuss is about, some of the pics are here.

Shopfitter died after falling from giant bucket of mayonnaise and stabbing himself in the heart with electric drill

A man died after falling off a bucket of mayonnaise and stabbing himself in the heart with an electric drill.

Araz Saleh, 23, was balancing on the industrial-sized bucket while drilling a hole in a wall when he slipped, accidentally driving the power tool into his chest.

An inquest at Oxford Coroner's Court heard the 23-year-old was fixing metal panels to the side of a friend's fast food kiosk when he lost his footing.

He had been balancing with one foot on the bucket and the other on a table.

As he fell his left shoulder hit a wall and the drill, which was in his hand, was pressed into his chest.

His friend Salam Kiras said: 'Then I saw blood gushing out.'

He told how he tried desperately to stem the blood flow before running to a nearby kebab shop to get help.

Mr Saleh was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital, pictured, where he died the following day, December 1, 2010

Staff in the kebab shop raised the alarm with paramedics who rushed to the scene, in Gloucester Green, Oxford.

Mr Saleh, of Greater Leys, Oxford, was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital where he died the following day, December 1, 2010.

Detective Inspector Suzette Allcorn told the inquest at Oxford: 'It was an incredibly unusual injury.

'But there was no evidence of any foul play, and the police conclusion was that this was a tragic accident.'

Coroner Nicholas Gardiner recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Guest M*****ss****e
Polish coffin-maker uses nude models to sell wares

A Polish firm that makes coffins has angered the Catholic church by trying to drum up business with a calendar depicting topless models posing next to its caskets.

One image from the 2013 edition of the calendar has a blonde model, wearing only a skimpy thong and with a snake draped around her neck, reclining on a coffin. In another, a woman wearing a crimson corset is depicted pulling out the heart of a man lying on a casket.

"My son had the idea of creating the company's calendar... so that we could show something half-serious, colorful, beautiful; the beauty of Polish girls and the beauty of our coffins," said Zbigniew Lindner, the firm's owner.

"We wanted to show that a coffin isn't a religious symbol. Its a product," he said. "Why are people afraid of coffins and not of business suits, cosmetics or jewelry?"

As well as attracting publicity for his firm, the calendar is intended as a source of revenue. It is on sale on the company's website. Anyone who places an order receives a complementary key ring in the shape of a coffin.

The Catholic church has condemned the calendar as inappropriate. A church spokesman has said that human death should be treated with solemnity and not mixed up with sex.

The church and its teachings have been at the heart of Polish life for generations, but changes in society are challenging the faith. While 93 percent of Poles say they are Catholic, the proportion who attend church regularly is falling. Many people are starting to confront long-standing taboos about sexuality and religion.

------------

And for those who want to see what all the fuss is about, some of the pics are here.

Though I appreciate the artistic vision depicted in the photo's, it still creeps me out just a wee bit.

If there was ever a reason to ban National Novel Writing Month, it would be ... this: http://gawker.com/5962793/sex-motorcycle-by-horny-man-travis-is-this-years-perfect-stocking-stuffer

"It's a novel called "Sex Motorcycle," and it promises to be the talk of your holiday dinner. I'll let Horny man Travis (who may or may not be Weird Twitter goon @Lowenaffchen) take it from here:

Synopsis

A biker finds a motorcycle at an old mechanic shop that has a pussy in the seat so you can fuck it while riding. He has to keep it a secret because all the guys in his biker gang would want to fuck it

Aw yeah, the perfect erotic thriller for adults of all ages looking to replace the void left by "Fifty Shades of Grey." Still skeptical? The dialogue jumps off the page.

Excerpt

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you get off that hog, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell off the bike, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said..."

Naked man mounts statue in central London

Arrested by police after straddling 19th century statue of Duke of Cambridge for three hours

A naked man clambered atop a large equestrian statue in the heart of London's Whitehall government district Friday, striking a variety of precarious poses before being coaxed down by police nearly three hours later.

London police said that the man, believed to be in his thirties or forties, first climbed atop the massive bronze statue of the 19th-century Duke of Cambridge around noon.

He climbed up and down the statue in the late autumn chill, at one point balancing himself on the duke's head.

The man eventually came down after police and emergency services cordoned off the area, which is home to several government buildings including the prime minister's official residence.

Scotland Yard said the man was detained under Britain's Mental Health Act.

---------------

Bonus vid of naked guy on statue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PMV3DOuVgfo

• Like 1