If RMT ask you to turn on your back...

Guest Ottawa_MSN

The question for more experienced members of this respected forum:

If RMT ask you to turn on your back (so "she can massage your shoulders"), is this an invitation for "release"?

Also, if she ask you to take your shorts off, so she can massage your hamstring area, is this as well invitation for release?

The logical answer is Yes I guess for both questions, but somehow, I was under impressions that this is normal RMT way of dealing with stuff.

The place is super legit, plus there were no other sign (teasing) that would suggest otherwise...

I would say no to the first question, as almost all the RMT massages I've had have involved a flip. A couple of times the masseuse turned out to be a masseur, and I was really worried at first that the guy would try something funny, but it turned out to be totally professional (and, as a bonus, the guys turned out to be quite a bit stronger than the average girl giving a massage).

As for the second question, since it's not like your hamstrings are in your taint area or anything, I would say that just might count as "suggestive". I've had RMT massages both nude and with my underwear on--they keep the area they're working on covered up by the sheet, and they seem to go a bit overboard in making sure that they don't touch or say anything that might be deemed suggestive.

I have had many full sports maaasges...theraputic massages...as well as some....wink...wink...not so professional...

If you go to a legit place...expect a legit service.....

The first sign is if a towel is placed over your ass..or you place it there.....also....does she turn her back when you flip....if she turns her back to you as you flip ...expect no action.....

I'm with curious2 and Antlerman on this one. I go to a regular masseuse who is very legit. After the back, I am asked to flip to get my neck and she holds the towel at an angle to let me turn without anything showing.

re: the hamstring, they might need to get access to your butt muscles as they are integrated with your hamstrings which seems like a reasonable request. My masseuse works the top of my butt muscles as part of working my lower back. I find this relationship very much like one with my dentist or chiro. Go in, chat a bit, get things fixed. (in this case sore muscles, neck, back etc) and leave.

The first question: definitely a 'no'. I have had a lot of legit RMTs (both genders) and it is normal the therapist asked you to flip over to work on your neck, shoulder, etc. and/or may be a bit of stretching. The therapist will most likely hold the towel at an angle when you flip w/o anything showing.

The second one: most likely a 'no'. I have had therapists, again from both genders, who pull down my shorts a little bit just to work on the muscles in that area. If you have lower back pain problem and/or you sit in front of a desk all day everyday it is a treat.

I'd say if you go to a legit RMT place expect professional massage only.

Guest Ottawa_MSN

Thanks guys a lot. I think the place is legit as well, since I went again today, and there was no other "signs" of something extra...

If the same questions are asked about CMTs instead of RMTs, are the answers much different in other people's experience?

I have been surprised before only to find out afterward taking the card that it wasn't an RMT, but a certified MT who gave me some extra attention. As far as I know it is important distinction because CMT just means they have been formally training at a massage school, not that they have special registered status to protect. When I'm curious about checking for extras and getting guaranteed good massage, I usually look for CMTs not RMTs.

What's the word?

MF

Massage parlours work on the back and play on the front (actually, the good ones work and play on both sides)

RMTs work on the back AND they work on the front. Some RMTs can be quite sensual, but is VERY rare for an RMT to provide a release. And when I say "rare" I mean like nearly mythological. Unless she starts raking her nails over your John Thomas and blowing in your ear I'd say don't even ask.