Travel destinations you'd like to visit

I often imagine myself wandering about in exotic places with favourite friends.

Here are some places I'd love to visit.

Greek islands

tumblr_mb51d6oUOs1qfod9ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8qxg4Ro4Z1ryn16qo1_500.jpg

Venice

tumblr_maxh08pC4Q1qdqlnso1_500.jpg

How about you? Where would you like to go.

(and with whom?? ;))

• Like 1

Angkor Wat is absolutely at the top of my bucket list.

400px-Angkor.jpg

I should also say: I'm probably going to hate this thread, 'cos it'll give me itchy feet... :)

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y
I often imagine myself wandering about in exotic places with favourite friends.

Here are some places I'd love to visit.

Greek islands

tumblr_mb51d6oUOs1qfod9ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8qxg4Ro4Z1ryn16qo1_500.jpg

Venice

tumblr_maxh08pC4Q1qdqlnso1_500.jpg

How about you? Where would you like to go.

(and with whom?? ;))

Cato you would love it! I spent two months in Greece and I aim to get back there in a few months! Nothing like leaving the modern day world and retreating to peace and quiet for awhile!

I hear there is an island for sale cheap somewhere around there, none of the youth work, so they are available to help. Price is $1, you just take over their debt.

lol

Cato you would love it! I spent two months in Greece and I aim to get back there in a few months! Nothing like leaving the modern day world and retreating to peace and quiet for awhile!

I am quite certain that the thread was designed with the intent of having people identify destinations that one could by whatever definition call exotic. Greece, Venice, Angkor Wat, and many others would certainly be amazing, as would Egypt, the rainforests, and the loneliness found in the Artic.

Not making fun at all here, but sometimes the phrase of "The grass is greener on the other side," may apply.

I realize that many CERB members are from Ottawa, but as a person who only rarely gets to vist there, it is one of my favorite destinations. I have been there for the tulip festival, seen pomp on Parliament Hill, just wandered around downtown people watching and got a crick in my neck from looking up at tall buildings.

There are plenty of places that cause one to yearn for a visit, but you have a pretty amazing, beautiful and fun city right there.

Edited by mrrnice2
  • Like 4

I'd love to visit the major cities of Scandinavia, lots to see and great culture & history :)

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Yes I would love to visit Helsinki and see some cousins I have not met in person!

Had the pleasure of visiting a few of the Greek Islands last year.....Santorini was incredible, did a hike from Fira to Oia that had amazing views the entire way. The island of Rhodes was also impressive. Definitely going back....the sooner the better!

• Like 1

Guest K***e D****ls

Cities:

Provence, Moscow, Varna

Countries:

Thailand, Costa Rica, Kenya, Egypt

Guest *ig*a**

I would love to spend time in the Champagne Region in France learning about the wineries and living among the locals enjoying the lifestyle.

I'm good to go for Bora Bora too, Amelia!

And here's somewhere else, where I've never been:

tumblr_m9y534KScE1qgps7xo1_500.png

I have always wanted to wander the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul then relax in the evening sipping wine or tea on a patio overlooking the Bosphorus.

I too would put Angkor Wat on my list of places as well as Phnom Penh, so much history I think I'd just want to wander and soak it all in - both the good and the bad.

I've also wanted to visit Prague for sometime now, nothing in particular I wanted to visit there but it has caught my eye and won't let go.

• Like 2

Well back when I was a kid my dad was posted in W. Germany for three years, so got to see Europe. Then I was posted to West Germany with the Canadian Forces, saw West Germany (most from the back of an armoured personal carrier LOL). Point is, really going overseas, if an opportunity arose, sure I'd go, but it's not a goal

But we have this beautiful country called Canada, of which I've only seen a little bit of. I'd love to go to Newfoundland (I've seen NS, NB, PEI), BC,

up north to the Yukon...those are just a few areas of Canada I'd like to see

Something I plan to do when I retire

RG

Somewhere else I definitely want to go: Petra

petra_054.jpg

You really must! It's amazing and awe-inspiring and I wish I had more time than a weekend when I was there (two months in Jordan on a university field credit for archaeology--there were planned trips to various places in Jordan every weekend).

• Like 3

I've always had a love of Scandinavian culture. Some of you may have noticed I've been gone from CERB for the last several months, I was in Sweden and it was fantastic! I had been to Stockholm 10 years ago, but I got to do a lot more this time. I also saw other parts of Sweden and went to Copenhagen in Denmark.

Next year I am going to China and really looking forward to it. I get to hold a baby panda!

• Like 1

Guest jake_cdn

Any place historical. Have been to most large cities but would love to visit Machu Picchu