Web Development Software Help

I am delving into web development using either PHP and Coldfusion and database stuff as well.

My issue is not writing code. After all code is code, the only thing that is diiferent is the syntax.

Can anyone recomend a descent IDE for PHP or Coldfusion that is pretty easy to cofigure..?

Much thanks.

I am delving into web development using either PHP and Coldfusion and database stuff as well.

My issue is not writing code. After all code is code, the only thing that is diiferent is the syntax.

Can anyone recomend a descent IDE for PHP or Coldfusion that is pretty easy to cofigure..?

Much thanks.

emacs....*duck and hide* :)

I agree with Eclipse Recommendation, I am not a php guy but most of the php coders I know use Eclipse now.

I use a very basic perl editor from dzsoft to edit any code in the windows enviroment, it has line numbering and bookmarks but that is about it. They have a php version (but I have never tried it)

NuSphere is also a popular one.

This is beyond Techie stuff Angela, php/perl/cold fusion/etc... are all computer programming languages. Being a techie and programming code come hand in hand for many but they really are worlds apart.

This is the stuff that makes websites interactive (mostly database driven sites like this one where you store loads of data and the scripts pull the data and allow you to display it or interact with it in some way).

Many computer languages exist but the ones we are talking about here are mainly for writting software for internet applications.

Obviously it can be a lot more involved but that is the basic root of what this is all about.

This is beyond Techie stuff Angela, php/perl/cold fusion/etc... are all computer programming languages. Being a techie and programming code come hand in hand for many but they really are worlds apart.

This is the stuff that makes websites interactive (mostly database driven sites like this one where you store loads of data and the scripts pull the data and allow you to display it or interact with it in some way).

Many computer languages exist but the ones we are talking about here are mainly for writting software for internet applications.

Obviously it can be a lot more involved but that is the basic root of what this is all about.

Kind of what I thought:oops: The only programming I have done is with Alice, and then I had to drop the course, because it wasn't a credit course I need, which sucked! :cry:

• Like 1

I have a fully registered version of NuSphere's PHPed..

The only issue I have us ..

How do I configure it?

Do I need Apache?

You do need a webserver locally (for the debugger) I suspect any webserver with php installed should work. You can run php under IIs in the windows server environment - that should work. If your using Apache/php on the server it would probably be a good idea to have that as your local environment. I think you can also set it up to use a remote server (but maybe someone with more experience with phped could answer these questions). I really don't do much php stuff (hacking at it with a black book in front of me using a simple text editor if about as far as I go with it).