I wish there was more Montreal on this board!

And I don't just mean more reviews and advertisers--but of course that would be welcome! I wish for a Cerb-perspective on the Montreal scene. I just find the atmosphere here so much more pleasant than the other boards that cover Montreal and Quebec City.

The Green Board is like a grim prison movie: it's jam-packed with characters, but really run by couple different gangs with long scores to settle. The "guards" are swift and severe, but there's still tons of violence that gets out of hand way too fast and there's plenty of outright misogyny toward the handful of women brave enough to maintain a public presence there.

The Blue Board is like a Michael Moore movie: they hate the green board and that's really all that is important.

The Pink Board is in French, so it's easy to say it's like a Foreign Movie in that I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but there's likely to be some toplessness, a trip to a rustic summer home, and the villain from "Quantum of Solace will probably show up at some point.

Hmm, maybe I sacrificed my metaphor for a few cheap jokes there. Anyway, for a lot of reasons Montreal is my preferred destination, but this my preferred board.

• Like 5

I understand completely, I live exactly between Ottawa and Montreal so for a fun time I can choose one or the other but I end up in Ottawa 90% of the time because I found the ladies here on Cerb and I never had a problem with them. I can attest that French Quebec girls are a lot of fun but its always to find the right one that is difficult.

And I don't just mean more reviews and advertisers--but of course that would be welcome! I wish for a Cerb-perspective on the Montreal scene. I just find the atmosphere here so much more pleasant than the other boards that cover Montreal and Quebec City.

The Green Board is like a grim prison movie: it's jam-packed with characters, but really run by couple different gangs with long scores to settle. The "guards" are swift and severe, but there's still tons of violence that gets out of hand way too fast and there's plenty of outright misogyny toward the handful of women brave enough to maintain a public presence there.

The Blue Board is like a Michael Moore movie: they hate the green board and that's really all that is important.

The Pink Board is in French, so it's easy to say it's like a Foreign Movie in that I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but there's likely to be some toplessness, a trip to a rustic summer home, and the villain from "Quantum of Solace will probably show up at some point.

Hmm, maybe I sacrificed my metaphor for a few cheap jokes there. Anyway, for a lot of reasons Montreal is my preferred destination, but this my preferred board.

At the risk of sounding rude, your board colours & metaphors are lost on me. I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm the first to admit, I need to get out more. I'm intrigued; can you expand on the content in your post?

On 2nd thought, discussing other boards here is verboten, so we may get sanctioned. I sort of understand what you are getting at, but unfortunately, further discussion will get us both yelled-at or...?.

Maybe here's a way around the rules: I'll discuss what I like about CERB and that will pretty much be the opposite of what you will find in other places.

1. Respect for all. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. It's amazing how much nicer it is here, if you've hung out in other places.

2. The diverse and helpful contributions of the SPs. Topics rarely remain one-sided here.

3. The Mods are unobtrusive, yet very effective--things rarely get out of hand.

4. Reviewers don't come off as OCD number crunchers consuming women like some sort of Alien researcher!

I haven't found these four things anywhere else.

• Like 4

Posting this thread is perhaps a good start to getting more folks in the Montreal area to contribute to CERB or the "red" board as it is known by.

At the risk of sounding rude, your board colours & metaphors are lost on me.

The colour scheme of this board is Red. The other colours refer to the colour schemes of other boards.

Additional Comments:

Posting this thread is perhaps a good start to getting more folks in the Montreal area to contribute to CERB or the "red" board as it is known by.

I had the opportunity of checking the Montreal section recently when I had some down time in that fair city and noticed the sparseness of that section.

Yeah, I knew I could check other resources but I've come to appreciate the people here and how they sort themselves out. I dealt with that situation by reaching out to an SP here that I knew had connections in Montreal to see if she could recommend someone.

But I'm all in favour of seeing the Montreal section achieving the vibrancy and energy of the rest of the board. Perhaps folks who know Montreal folks, both hobbyists and SPs, could encourage them to come on board.

• Like 1

The colour scheme of this board is Red. The other colours refer to the colour schemes of other boards.

Thank you, I totally misunderstood Jabba's question. I was trying to be oblique enough to respect the rules...

I'm a member of this board, I travel to Montreal once in awhile so I joined about a year ago. Although I find your description overly dramatic I don't find the board very useful and I don't find the members very helpful.

I find your description overly dramatic I don't find the board very useful and I don't find the members very helpful.

I was trying for the funny!

I've received a bit of guidance there in regards to hotels, parking, cell phones, etc, so I can't say they aren't helpful. It's just the tone is not as pleasant as it is here.

I advertise on one of the other boards but only because it brings in business. I haven't participated in there discussions nor do i read them. Mainly because they don't have rules like here. This is my preferred board for sure.

• Like 1