Definition of Upscale

sorry if this has been covered before, but my quick use of the search function didn't turn anything up pertaining to this.

so my question is, what is the definition of Upscale when used in ads?

I am new to this hobby, and thus only just recently discovered these boards and few other ad sites. In the few days that I've been reading these boards and others, I keep seeing the word "upscale" used in a providers ad. catering to upscale gentleman, upscale incall, upscale hotels, etc etc.

I don't make a huge salary, I don't wear a suit and tie nor do I have an office job ( everything I associate with the word 'upscale')

I do however make a modest living (I'm not going to be a rich man anytime soon), work outside am a casual dresser and like to think I'm respectful and courteous.

which leads me to my secondary question, do I stand a chance with providers who use the word upscale in their ads?

any help is appreciated.

thanks

My take on it, pretty much echoing what Samantha said, but from a guy's, well this guy's point of view.

Ladies want to see a client who is a gentleman. A man who treats a lady with respect, who pays the donation in full not attempting to negotiate her rate, follows her booking and screening procedures in full, not attempting to be evasive and has good hygiene. I think I covered the major points LOL

Also, if a lady does decline a date, even if you have done everything right, first the lady has that right. Maybe she feels there will be no chemistry.

Be respectful even if she declines you for a date, don't send back nasty emails. There is always the right lady for a guy, sometimes you may have to look. BTW my first three encounter the ladies were wrong for me, my first encounter with a lady right for me and vice versa was my fourth encounter, and she was a great companion.

A gentleman who works a blue collar job but is a gentleman is someone a lady would prefer to see compared to seeing a CEO making a 7 figure income who is a jerk and treats people terribly.

Some quick morning ramblings from a gentleman who isn't rich but has has some memorable encounters from ladies, some who would be called upscale elite companions

RG

• Like 9

The descriptors "upscale, elite, exclusive etc" are mostly self awarded and definitely in the eye of beholder. Just be a good guy and I wouldn't worry about measuring up.

Peace

MG

• Like 5

Just a quick thought....

Upscale,VIP,Elite are terms used widely, don't ever distance yourself from the terminology used by these beautiful women.

They are genuine down to earth ladies the provide you with a experience that you will want to experience again and again.

Regardless if you wear a suit, or if you wear casual wear like myself, I'm not there to "dress to impress", I'm there to fulfill our experience together.

• Like 2

The OP asked about the definiftion of elite/upscale in this industry but ultimately his question was, "does the definition of elite apply to the client". Is there a scale used to determine if an SP (regardless of how she markets her self) will determine a client "worthy" to see her.

This has been answered by various very experienced people above however I'll try to be very to the point.

Contact the lady by her prefered method using full sentences.

Be honest and forthright about your intentions and hopes for an encounter and follow her procedures as outlined on her website.

Have the correct donation ready to pass to her as soon as you start the encounter.

Be clean/hygenic for your encounter (read specific threads on this for ideas)

Be respectful and a gentleman in all your interactions with the lady.

Have fun and appriciate her.

If you do these things most SP's will consider you an elite client and be more than happy to see you regardless of your vocation.

• Like 1

I have looked at it and considered this term many many times and at the end of the day I always come back to relating the term pretty much entirely to dollars. Upscale is different from the term Elite to me as well.

"Upscale" to me means the upper end of the $$ scale whether it be

Location quality....ie... luxurious hotel / condo

Provider's experience and $ donation requirement to attract their desired type of clientele

Clients often in the higher $ bracket for income / and or are part of a certain prestige profession in their minds .... consider themselves "upscale" and want to spend time with an "upscale companion" and will spend accordingly.

• Like 1

The descriptors "upscale, elite, exclusive etc" are mostly self awarded and definitely in the eye of beholder.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. And may even argue that because of that fact, the terms have kind of lost any meaning in this industry. Use of these terms in ads does not guarantee anything; and lack of these terms certainly does not mean that a lady's offerings are any less in quality.

I have never used the term "upscale" in my advertising, nor "elite" or "classy", but I still consider myself to be accomplished, eloquent and intelligent; and my company to be top notch, memorable and worthy of true, discerning gentlemen.

Adjectives are all fine and dandy and definitely have their place, but for myself, I find that there is more effective ways to get across a message, show who I am and what I am all about. The proof is in the pudding, anyways. ;)

Employ common sense, be a gentleman and educate yourself on the workings of the industry, and you can see just about any lady your heart and cock desires. ;)

• Like 5

Guest S****r

I agree with those who are saying that it is an attempt to distinguish the lady, her place, and her modus operandi as perhaps more on the slow, luxurious side as opposed to a slam bam thank you ma'am type of experience. That's all. An attempt to set that kind of expectation, which is not what all guys are looking for.

I think being upscale requires a certain personality and what you expect rather than a certain job. You can be a garbage man and still live upscale it's all about interpretation. For instance, compare it to dining where the McDonalds isn't the same as a Milestones ya know?

Tho a burger can be quite sexy too :p

I agree with those who are saying that it is an attempt to distinguish the lady, her place, and her modus operandi as perhaps more on the slow, luxurious side as opposed to a slam bam thank you ma'am type of experience. That's all. An attempt to set that kind of expectation, which is not what all guys are looking for.

To Summer's point, a lady using terms such as upscale, elite etc may also do so as a way of screening out some gentlemen, those gentlemen looking for maybe the fifteen to half hour encounters only. It is a positive way of saying on the lady's website that she offers a certain type of escape/encounter. Gentlemen looking for a fifteen minute to half hour encounter will know (or should know) that a lady advertising as elite, upscale isn't the lady to contact

And to the OP, if a longer encounter with a lady who calls herself upscale, elite, maybe a courtesan, is an escape that you would like, an encounter that is more than just about sex, as long as you are a gentleman, contact a lady who interests you. Being a gentleman is what the ladies want to see, not the job you have. And have fun, you will meet a special lady I'm sure

RG

The descriptors "upscale, elite, exclusive etc" are mostly self awarded and definitely in the eye of beholder.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. And may even argue that because of that fact, the terms have kind of lost any meaning in this industry. Use of these terms in ads does not guarantee anything; and lack of these terms certainly does not mean that a lady's offerings are any less in quality.

Yep, absolutely. They may have some relevance to the image a SP is trying to project, but may not have that much relevance to what she actually does or how she does it. To be honest, I barely notice them when I see them in ads or on websites; I'm looking for other things.

"Classy", though... I notice that, 'cos it sets alarm bells off for me. And usually gets a supercilious raised eyebrow.

• Like 2