This post concerns the online hookup service hookuphotel dot com.

For the past year or so, I have been receiving emails from them concerning flirts or even messages from other members using this service. Of course to view the message you must become a member at a fee. I was never hooked in, however I still went to check the site from time to time. It is free to view the profile of the member that is sending you the message. I found it strange that none of the members had filled in their location.

Anyway today, for no particular reason, I added some details on my profile. One of those details was my location which is Ottawa. Afterward, I checked out the profile of the last member who supposedly sent me a message. She was also from Ottawa and the subject was "Local?". I found that interesting. However she could not know that I was from Ottawa, because I had just changed my location to Ottawa. So I checked the other members as well. They were all from Ottawa. I found that strange. So as an experiment, I changed my location to Toronto. Can you guess the consequences of this change? The members that has sent me messages were all from Toronto. Amazing!!!

As a result, I ask them so stop sending me message.

Guest blo*****s

Yup, there's a LOT of sites out there who want our money.

Good thing most of us are not that stupid, and in fact quite wise to their tactics - as you were - to figure out their little game.

I have created a number of accounts on different sites for dating, and they all follow the same pattern.

At first you will receive a lot of messages from very interesting members. But to see the message you have to become a member, at a small fee of course. If you take no action these messages will shortly stop to come in. So my theory is that they count on the new user being naive and actually believe that this is actually members contacting them and therefore pay to see these messages. It is funny when you receive the exact same message from many profiles and especially if the different users have the same profile picture, duuuh.

Well, I know of girls in Montreal that are being paid by different sites to flirt with members to make them become a member. This only makes me avoid any type of on-line dating site as most of the female accounts are all fake and not ladies that are looking for company. Waste of money, money that I can spend having some fun with the ladies here for example.