I've been searching the threads for the past hour trying to find info about posting ads. The font in my ads never appear as bold as the rest of the ads, why? Also my ads never appear in the forums they only appear in the section where I post them, what am I forgetting to do? I hope I have explained myself well, please help, someone:)

Hi

The adds shoudl only appear in the add section,. if you see adds in other sections is because it was probably done by mistake as the adds are not allowed in the discussion areas...

And all the options for the Fonts.. is it in the body of the add (all thos optiosn show just like the do in any word document at the rigth upper corner of the thread...) if you mean in the Title than I dont have a clue thats something that comes from the site itself...

Hope this was helpful...

• Like 1

Thanks Vitto, I haven't explained myself well, whenever I post my new ad in Halifax service providers it never appears in the new post section on the main page like all the rest, also if you check out my ads they are always a weaker font, not as bold as all the other ads, I guess the best way for someone willing to help and to understand what I mean is to check out that section ,thanks in advance:)

Ok, I looked at your ad.

You appear to be using a small font. When you are posting, you will see the options right above your text - this is where you see the bold, italic, underline, centre options etc. If you are trying to edit your ad, you see in the bottom right hand corner "advanced options" to bring up these options.

The change the font size, the default is 2 - click the option box, and you have a choice of 1, 2, 3, 4. One is the smallest font, 4 is the largest font. If you want your text to be more darker, select your text and hit "B" - this will bold your text. You can change your colour by choosing "A". This is also where you can choose your spell check.

There are also other options available, so you can check them out too.

When you say your ad does not on the front page like all "new posts (whether it is an ad or a discussion), are you referring to the front main page where the shout box is or do you mean when you look at "new posts". If you are talking about new posts, anything you post wont show there, because it is not new to you. However, it should show up on the main page, so if it doesn't, I don't know why.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Post you have READ are not in BOLD and those you have not read yet are BOLD... so everyone elses would look BOLD except your if you have not read the other ladies posts yet.

• Like 1

I don't see that on any of my screens. Can someone screen shot that and send it to me?

I don't see that on any of my screens. Can someone screen shot that and send it to me?

I'm sorry I don't know how to or what a screen shot is, I'm sure I am the most inept computer person on cerb sorry:(

Someone who does know how to do it and has this going on will send it over.

(had given screen-capture instructions, and at the same time confirming whether they worked -- it didn't)

Edited by Tallguy007
Instructions didn't work